Honda HR-V launched in Thailand

Tywais

I hope all you HR-V owners will have a dashcam. Cheap for the peace of mind & proof if needed. I'm getting the Garmin DDR-33, small and good quality.

Picked one up on my last trip to the states, PowerUCC Panorama S. Will be putting it in this weekend.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

is it possible to buy front and rear dash cams?

There is an option from Garmin for this. But I just bought 2 Dash cams, 1 connected to my Gps for the Front and a Dashcam with integrated Gps for the Rear.

Edit:

Just looked it up for you, they are the GDR35 or GDR30 which you then connect the GBC30 to it

http://www.garmin.com.sg/products/ontheroad/gdr35

http://www.garmin.com.sg/products/ontheroad/gdr30/#featureTab

Link http://www.garmin.com.sg/products/ontheroad/GBC30/

And here a Youtube Video I found (please turn off the sound before you start watching it alt=biggrin.png> )

How much does the GBC30 cost ?

There are a few companies making dual dash cams but from what I saw the cost was quite high and the back cam was always quite a bit lower quality. I think if you wanted a rear one also just buy two cams a good one for the front and then a less quality for the back, would still be less money than the dual integrated units.

i paid 10,000 deposit and next day i picked up EL version of the HR-V.

incuded free;

Black cargo mat

Black floor mats

Black door visors

Silver side step plates

Sliver colour

Black windows tiny not so good instalation but i have protection

love the moon-roof so do the girls... but, not my lady.

a bit had ride but, i like

i do not like Navigation and Udon Thani Honda sales people, manager ... just make me sick.gif

Just finished my Chiang Mai to Bangkok drive today, and figured I would update this thread with my impressions after a long trip, which gave me a chance to really get a solid impression of the car. We have a CRV back in the US, and had a 2010 Mazda 3 GT, so I am comparing to those.

Plenty of space for luggage and people, it was my wife, my son in a car seat, and a friend, so 4 of us in the car. The trunk space was adequate for 2 large cases, stroller, two backpacks, and a large bag of child clothes we are giving to people in her home town. There was still some space left, probably could have fit at least two more small suit cases had we not had the bag of clothes. Not as much room as our CRV but more than the Mazda 3. Our friend who is around 5'7" had no problem with the leg room in the back seat.

The car felt very solid on the road, got it all the way up 180 and there was no float feeling, felt very planted even over some obnoxious bumps in the road when driving between 140 to 160 (which is what I was keeping it at most of the way). The CRV at speed seems to float and not as stable as I would like it to feel, the Mazda was a much better planted car at speed than both (which is expected).

Going from CM to Lampang has a nice set of hills and corners to really feel how the car would do on some corners and hills. The car was well planted through the corners and I was putting it through it's paces at speed, it was much better than I expected it to be, but not as good as I would have liked it. Much better in the corners than the CRV, but not as much fun as I would have had in the Mazda. I think Honda could make it a lot better if they would just tighten up the steering wheel and give some better steering feedback, but this is as I expected from the Honda. Going through all the corners at a good rate of speed I never felt like the car was on the edge or wasn't planted, just would have wanted a little better feedback to know where that limit was, but let's face it I didn't buy the car for racing through the mountains or the race track. It performed better than I expected.

The ride on the highway was tight, but not harsh, very comfortable. I like a tight suspension, some people will complain because it is not soft enough, but I like to feel the road. The road noise and wind noise was minimal, very quiet at speed. Drove the first few hundred KM with no radio just to see how the noise was. With the music on at a low volume I didn't hear any wind noise or road noise, or at least I didn't notice it at all.

The engine performance, where I was figuring it would fall flat. It did and it didn't. The first part of the trip going through the hills and curves I found myself using the paddle shifters to down shift quite a bit before corners to get the RPM's up, which worked very well, and on all the hills and corners I never felt as I needed more power (more power would have been nice, but I was fine without it). On the highway was a different story depending on the speed. If I needed to overtake someone when I came up behind them, sometimes it would seem to take forever, just not enough power. If I came up behind someone and needed to slow to 100 while they were getting out of the right lane, again regaining speed seemed to take forever. I started finding myself using the paddle shifters a lot, and it became second nature when slowing down or overtaking. It was almost like driving a manual. Without the paddle shifters I think I would have been disappointed in the car. I was driving fairly fast until I got into the outskirts of bangkok and at the lower speeds I didn't notice using the shifters and overtaking and getting back to speed wasn't noticeable. (closer to 60 to 100). In both the CRV and Mazda I never noticed this lag, but the Mazda in the US was also a 2.5, not the 2.0 that they sell here.

As for comfort it was a total of 8 hours to Bangkok with 3 stops to fill up and stretch the legs. My wife is 7 months pregnant hence the 3 stops instead of 2. I told her to let me know when she wanted to stop and 3 times was plenty for her. The seats were comfortable, and I never really felt as I needed to get out of the car. The only part of the seat that I disliked is that there is no adjustment for cushion angle at the front of the seat, so the back of legs don't have as much support as I would like, so that was the only uncomfortable area for me. I will probably buy a small pillow or something to put under them on the next portion of the trip.

The Nav and iPhone support so far leave a lot to be desired. After having to create a new account so I could change to the Thai App store (had a credit on my US store, so had to have a different ID Damn you apple), buying the HDMI AV adapter 1890 baht, I had the navigation. I didn't get much time to play with it before I left so I thought I would use google maps, which I got on the screen briefly but then went black, and I couldn't get it back, although I was driving so I didn't spend much time with it. For some reason when connected the unit kept dialing my 1st entry on speed dial. Very strange, I probably just need more time with it. I have driven CM to Bangkok quite a bit, but always like to have the Nav just for the extra confidence, and not rely on the ambiguous Thai traffic signs at times.

Bottom line for my situation this car is perfect at the price point with the features it has. Plenty of room for 2 kids, wife and myself, plus luggage. There are areas that could be improved but no show stoppers and nothing that should stop anyone from buying one. I have been looking and test driving cars for a good two years here. Overall the car is great for both city and road trips and is good value for the money when comparing it to the other cars that are more, and other cars that are less.

I did forget to add about the gas mileage. I am on my third tank, and so far have only put in 91 as E20 is not much less than 91, and have not been able to find any E85 at the pumps. From what I have read on E85, it is cheaper, but you get less range out of it, I have no idea if that is true and wanted to test it.

First tank I got was about 11.3 KM/L and that was from driving around CM, and through the mountains, 2nd tank was around 11.4 KM/L, and right now I am just above half a tank at 13.8 KM/L. Odometer is at 893 KM.

I did forget to add about the gas mileage. I am on my third tank, and so far have only put in 91 as E20 is not much less than 91, and have not been able to find any E85 at the pumps. From what I have read on E85, it is cheaper, but you get less range out of it, I have no idea if that is true and wanted to test it.

First tank I got was about 11.3 KM/L and that was from driving around CM, and through the mountains, 2nd tank was around 11.4 KM/L, and right now I am just above half a tank at 13.8 KM/L. Odometer is at 893 KM.

Here you go: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zWhwNbmPDQFY.kOOKTGd_W1lo&msa=0

You lost me with the I Phone bit.I couldn't get my I.P6 to work after the Galaxy you have the same Civic /Accord set up,so i went back to Honda and after 20 Mins of hufin n puffin they got it perfect. Bit annoyed with the new windscreens being tinted, they are getting me a clear old stock one, that will be Screen No 3. As for E85,it goes down noticeably faster nipping to the Shops, but Cruzin its a good saving.

You lost me with the I Phone bit.I couldn't get my I.P6 to work after the Galaxy you have the same Civic /Accord set up,so i went back to Honda and after 20 Mins of hufin n puffin they got it perfect. Bit annoyed with the new windscreens being tinted, they are getting me a clear old stock one, that will be Screen No 3. As for E85,it goes down noticeably faster nipping to the Shops, but Cruzin its a good saving.

I assume it is the same as the new civic/accord, but not sure, did you need the AV Adapter on the Civic/Accord?

That is pretty good gas mileage for that larger engine in the small SUV/Crossover heavier package. My Ecosport is getting about 13-14 KM/L on E20 with only a 1.5L, so Honda has done a fairly good job with that. (on 91 gasahol, it's getting about 15).

Edited by keemapoot

I assume it is the same as the new civic/accord, but not sure, did you need the AV Adapter on the Civic/Accord?

Dont know what that AV ting does.sad.png .

Todays review in the Bangkok Post complains mildly about the road and tyre noise plus a loudish engine at high revs so interesting and encouraging the review posted last night on this board commends the car for being reasonably quiet. Otherwise the Bangkok Post Review is very favourable

Todays review in the Bangkok Post complains mildly about the road and tyre noise plus a loudish engine at high revs so interesting and encouraging the review posted last night on this board commends the car for being reasonably quiet. Otherwise the Bangkok Post Review is very favourable

Interesting review. Yes at high revs you can hear the engine, and I must not have noticed it much as I didn't think about it until I read the review. I could hear the engine when I was overtaking, but cruising I don't remember it at all.

The Nav and iPhone support so far leave a lot to be desired. After having to create a new account so I could change to the Thai App store (had a credit on my US store, so had to have a different ID Damn you apple), buying the HDMI AV adapter 1890 baht, I had the navigation. I didn't get much time to play with it before I left so I thought I would use google maps, which I got on the screen briefly but then went black, and I couldn't get it back, although I was driving so I didn't spend much time with it. For some reason when connected the unit kept dialing my 1st entry on speed dial. Very strange, I probably just need more time with it. I have driven CM to Bangkok quite a bit, but always like to have the Nav just for the extra confidence, and not rely on the ambiguous Thai traffic signs at times.

Aaron, re. the Navigator -- reading what you say here, the navigation system requires connection to a phone, if I'm reading you correctly. Are you saying that there's NO inbuilt navigator on this car?

I'm one of those weird people who doesn't have a smartphone and has no intention of getting one, just a bog-standard phone I use for voice calls only.

Just asked my wife,the expert on Gizmoes.The HondaNavi has nothing to do with any smartphone, has no part to play,it can run Google Maps and U can compare the 2. We do get a Phone connecting prob when there are 2Apple I phones in one car, they fight. Aron needs to go Honda before he gets annoyed like i did.biggrin.png .

Aaron, re. the Navigator -- reading what you say here, the navigation system requires connection to a phone, if I'm reading you correctly. Are you saying that there's NO inbuilt navigator on this car?

I'm one of those weird people who doesn't have a smartphone and has no intention of getting one, just a bog-standard phone I use for voice calls only.

There is no Navigation built into the car. You have to have a smart phone connected to run Honda Navigation App or Google Maps (which I have had limited luck with keeping it running).

Just asked my wife,the expert on Gizmoes.The HondaNavi has nothing to do with any smartphone, has no part to play,it can run Google Maps and U can compare the 2. We do get a Phone connecting prob when there are 2Apple I phones in one car, they fight. Aron needs to go Honda before he gets annoyed like i did.biggrin.png .

I am hoping by the time we get back to Chiang Mai the English manual will be in. The sales girl told us for the Nav we needed to plug in via HDMI which with the iPhone you have to buy an AV adapter which has a Lighting in with a HDMI out and Lightning out. I will be heading back to the dealer when I get back as it is annoying.

Just phoned around for You..Got Me and a few mates miffed with Hondas,non of us have ever been told we need buy anything.All of us got I phones, set to speed dial n hands free. Honda Navi looks just the same in all new model's.Interesting to see what happens with You.coffee1.gif

The U.S. Honda has more Power as usual.sad.png

The USA has cars with more power than many other markets, not just Thailand. I am not sure what you guys do with all that power especially as the speed limits there are not that generous. Unless you are in to drag racing I find the power on most middle sized cars in the Thailand adequate