Japan arrests widow with seven dead partners

webfact

Japan arrests widow with seven dead partners

MELBOURNE: -- A 67-year-old millionairess has been arrested on suspicion of poisoning her husband with cyanide as it emerged six former partners had already died, in Japan's latest apparent "black widow" case.

Chisako Kakehi has been the beneficiary of a combined Y800 million ($A8.44 million) over the past two decades, Jiji Press said - insurance money and other assets she received after the seven men's deaths.

Husband number four Isao Kakehi fell sick suddenly at home and was confirmed dead at a hospital in December last year, less than two months after the couple married.

An autopsy found highly toxic cyanide compounds in his blood.

That came after the September death of a 75-year-old boyfriend, who fell suddenly ill after the couple ate together at a restaurant, Jiji said.

Kakehi's dalliance with death began in 1994 when her first husband passed away at the age of 54.

In 2006, her second husband, whom she had met through a dating agency, died of a stroke aged 69, while the third marriage ended in 2008 with the death of her 75-year-old partner, Jiji reported.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/japan-arrests-widow-with-seven-dead-partners-20141119-11q2s3.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2014-11-19

No doubt the usual suspects will be along to blame thai people and especially Thai police for allowing this woman from another country to continually evade police scrutiny.

I believe it must have been thai police who allowed Rolf Harris, Jimmy Savile et al to get away with kiddy fiddling for all those decades

If it was a Thai woman, we would have about 50 posts by now and 1500 views.

You see, posters, it happens in other parts of the world also...........

true but given the fabulous moral compass thailand possesses i wonder if this japanese lady had spent any time time becoming versed in thai culture? a story like this seems highly unusual for japan

No doubt the usual suspects will be along to blame thai people and especially Thai police for allowing this woman from another country to continually evade police scrutiny.

I believe it must have been thai police who allowed Rolf Harris, Jimmy Savile et al to get away with kiddy fiddling for all those decades

Rubbish post, would you ever call the bib in if you needed help, I did once but never again could not afford the price for them to help me. Seems you need to ditch your rose tinted glasses.