Tourist Police Round-up Ladyboys On Pattaya Beach In Response To Tourist Complaints

britmaveric

History has shown us what happened to the OLD ROME and Babalon, just to mention JUST 2 citys like Pattaya. And Im Not a Christian by the way, BUT without some order, we all will go away, f.exp by Aids/HIV and other STD's, but you guy don't beleive in these things, RIGHT?

First Webninja now this???? Nutters are out today.... :o

:D:D

Wow, Pattaya compared to OLD Rome and (ancient ?) Babylon ? Pretty good company I'd say !

Both cities existed for centuries, and were the capitals of Empires ! I'd say that Pattaya's best days are ahead of her then !

Perhaps SamuiJens is psychic, and is actually predicting that Pattaya will one day be the capital of a new Asian Empire (with SideShow Bob as it's religious icon) :D

Could be worse. A more apt comparison (from a historical stand point) would have been Sodom and Gomorrah. How ever, if memory serves me correctly, those cities didn't meet their eventual doom as a result of "Aids/HIV and other STD's".

"And Im Not a Christian by the way, BUT without some order, we all will go away"

:D

Not sure I get the gist of that. Are you saying that unless we are Christians, we don't have any "order" ? :D

Got some bad news for you SamuiJens. Even with "order", we will all "go away" one day, regardless of whether or not we are Christians. Nothing is forever.

:D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello.

Having rewad this entire thread, i am more angry about the posters on this thread than about the people who are committing those petty crimes in Pattaya.

And here's why:

Ladyboys ARE HUMAN BEINGS, goddammit, not "pests", "monsters" or "creatures". GET THAT????

Now if a guy picks your pocket, do all male humans suddenly become any of the above?

What about if a woman does it?

So, why do ladyboys get all sorts of inhumane and very insulting "names" stamped on?

If you don't like ladyboys, fine, don't talk to them and try to avoid them. If you are unable to do that. poor you - maybe it's time to actually go and learn some manners? As one poster already wrote - being nice to them and actually show some polite apreciation towards their looks (as most of them are in fact much more beautiful than "real" females) and politely declining their advances will always yield the desired results - they will leave you alone.

I can't speak of Pattaya as i have seldom been there, but the Bangkok ladyboys are not too different. Many a time i have been aproached by a ladyboy, and yet never had a problem - they are just humans like any other, tying to make a living. Some doi so by prostitution, just like women and men do, and otrhers try it the wrong way, by being criminals, again just like women and men do.

And if you tell a ladyboy to F-off, you most likely get an insult or even a grab as an answer. Pissed off, they will try their tricks on you. If you don't insult them in first place, this won't happen! Be nice, so will they.

I myself am openly gay, in a long-term relationship with a thai guy (5 1/2 years already, with the same guy) and do frequent "gay places" on a regular basis. There are many ladyboys present and of course they will try towards a straight-looking Farang like myself. I never got my wallet even touched, tough carrying it in the front pocket is anyway more secure - even a slender hand that slips in there would be felt as the wallet takes up all available space.

Now having "outed" myself here, will you start calling me too a "monster" or a "creature"? Let me tell you, if they had beatyful stuff for an almost 2m tall woman with feet size 12, i'd be a ladyboy in an instant! So stop calling my sisters names, and stick to the ones convicted of crime whom you can rightfully call "criminals" - and nothing more than that!

Sign me

Thanh

funny as a resident of Pattaya i thought i was qualified to post however the powers that be have deleted my last post and called it "rubbish"

Anyway not one to hold a grudge and one who is will to tow the company line i have decided to make a post that i hope others will see as constructive

Ocean 1 Tower breaks all records Within four years, Pattaya will be able to boast a most remarkable residential building. Known as Ocean 1 it will, in fact, be the 20th tallest building in the world overall (dwarfing anything in Europe, South America, Africa or Australia) and the tallest residential tower - 91 floors - in any of the five continents bar none. And it will be the tallest building in all of Thailand. Pattaya city council, at a full meeting on July 25, heard a presentation from Siam Best Enterprises Company Limited and gave the go ahead in principle for the gigantic residential project which will be located on a prime site on second road overlooking Jomtien beach, and not far from the immigration police office.

Bruno ######, chairman of Siam Best Enterprises, said afterwards, “This one building will change the whole image of Pattaya. When people worldwide think of the resort even now, they still tend to think in terms of bars and entertainment. From 2010, the anticipated completion date, Pattaya and Jomtien will become famous for having the tallest residential tower block in the world

so if you can all wait for a few years Pattaya/Jomtien will become a more wholesome place

funny as a resident of Pattaya i thought i was qualified to post however the powers that be have deleted my last post and called it "rubbish"

Anyway not one to hold a grudge and one who is will to tow the company line i have decided to make a post that i hope others will see as constructive

Ocean 1 Tower breaks all records Within four years, Pattaya will be able to boast a most remarkable residential building.

<deleted> has this got to do with ladyboys?

What "law" have these people been charged with breaking? Where and when were they tried and convicted? How come theyt were fined...what is the law on this in Pattaya?

Is this a campaign against crime or a group of people....do all ladyboys commit crimes...what is the crime?

This whole thread smacks of homophobia...a witch hunt.

My only experience of a mugging on Beach road was by 2 definnately "straight" guys.

I also don't get hassled that much, but maybe that's more to do with my behaviour when I'm approached by annyone of any gender who I don't want to do business with. By this I mean the beach girls, street venndors, ladyboys, taylors touts - anyone who is selling something I don't want.

Edited by wilko

Ocean 1 Tower breaks all records Within four years, Pattaya will be able to boast a most remarkable residential building.

Darling do I have to spell it out for you?

This one building will change the whole image of Pattaya.

there ya go petal :o

Thanh-BKK

THANKYOU for saying that. i agree with you 100%. These people ARE human beings. I suspect that they are being treated so badly (by the police AND members of this forum) is simply because they are lady boys and not because of the crimes.

A thief is a thief no matter what their sexuality may be. But you dont hear of any campaigns to round up any straight man with a criminal record do you?

We arent all monsters here Thanh-BKK. Stick around and you will see that soon enough!

Hello.

Having rewad this entire thread, i am more angry about the posters on this thread than about the people who are committing those petty crimes in Pattaya.

And here's why:

Ladyboys ARE HUMAN BEINGS, goddammit, not "pests", "monsters" or "creatures". GET THAT????

Now if a guy picks your pocket, do all male humans suddenly become any of the above?

What about if a woman does it?

So, why do ladyboys get all sorts of inhumane and very insulting "names" stamped on?

If you don't like ladyboys, fine, don't talk to them and try to avoid them. If you are unable to do that. poor you - maybe it's time to actually go and learn some manners? As one poster already wrote - being nice to them and actually show some polite apreciation towards their looks (as most of them are in fact much more beautiful than "real" females) and politely declining their advances will always yield the desired results - they will leave you alone.

I can't speak of Pattaya as i have seldom been there, but the Bangkok ladyboys are not too different. Many a time i have been aproached by a ladyboy, and yet never had a problem - they are just humans like any other, tying to make a living. Some doi so by prostitution, just like women and men do, and otrhers try it the wrong way, by being criminals, again just like women and men do.

And if you tell a ladyboy to F-off, you most likely get an insult or even a grab as an answer. Pissed off, they will try their tricks on you. If you don't insult them in first place, this won't happen! Be nice, so will they.

I myself am openly gay, in a long-term relationship with a thai guy (5 1/2 years already, with the same guy) and do frequent "gay places" on a regular basis. There are many ladyboys present and of course they will try towards a straight-looking Farang like myself. I never got my wallet even touched, tough carrying it in the front pocket is anyway more secure - even a slender hand that slips in there would be felt as the wallet takes up all available space.

Now having "outed" myself here, will you start calling me too a "monster" or a "creature"? Let me tell you, if they had beatyful stuff for an almost 2m tall woman with feet size 12, i'd be a ladyboy in an instant! So stop calling my sisters names, and stick to the ones convicted of crime whom you can rightfully call "criminals" - and nothing more than that!

Sign me

Thanh

there ya go petal :D

:o

It will take more than 1 big building to "change the whole image of Pattaya" ! :D

You don't think all the ladyboys along Beach Road in Pattaya are going to pack their bags and run away, just because another highrise is going up (in Jomtien) ?

The construction may force a few of them in Jomtien to relocate temporarily, but once the building starts filling up with residents, they'll be flocking back.

Which reminds me. There are new buildings everywhere I look, and most of them are sitting empty, who do you expect to be buying all those condos ? :D

Edited by Kerryd

there ya go petal :o

I can't think of anything more rediculous for Pattaya....it'd spoil a whole chunk of the town and dominate the entire area....the only thing nearly as stupid is the giant beefburger, what is it with "the biggest" this and "the biggest" that...what about stuff the town needs like reasonable policing of the streets..............

Edited by wilko

You don't think all the ladyboys along Beach Road in Pattaya are going to pack their bags and run away, just because another highrise is going up (in Jomtien) ?

Well, not unless the materials and construction methods are of a high quality. Anyone residing within the buildings fall footprint should pack their bags and run... t i m b e r :o

I think this thread has run it's course, we are discussing an article regarding people being rounded up on the beach side of beach road, not the right and wrongs of religion, transgender people, or Pattaya itself.

Thanks for your co-operation and input folks.