Window tinting

onthemoon

I have searched the archives, and this subject has come up several times in the past. Several posters said that the law states that 40% is the maximum allowed in Thailand. I believe that is true.

However, I need a reference, a name and article of that law, or a number and year of the ministerial decree if any, po-ro-bo... anything official in writing. (Thai is OK.)

I have tried Google but no luck. Can anybody help?

TIA.

I doubt that Thailand would even think of making such a law. If so, it is like most others, selectively enforced.

My brain dead BIL has 80% on all windows except the windshield. That has 60%. Yes. 60%. I had to leave one afternoon to go pick him up at the bus station. Used his truck, sunsetting on the way.

To see where I was going, I had to roll down all the windows and stick my head out like a dog in the wind.

• Like 1

I doubt that Thailand would even think of making such a law. If so, it is like most others, selectively enforced.

My brain dead BIL has 80% on all windows except the windshield. That has 60%. Yes. 60%. I had to leave one afternoon to go pick him up at the bus station. Used his truck, sunsetting on the way.

To see where I was going, I had to roll down all the windows and stick my head out like a dog in the wind.

Appears your common sense reply isnt well accepted.Why stick the Gunge on these days of clear heat film. Wheres Me Sunglasses ,its getting dark.thumbsup.gif

My wife does not like the see through tint preferring the dark black instead - I want the silver as we're redoing the black SUV and I don't want it to look like a body snatcher......

Someone mentioned they have a different classification/rating system here - backwards to the US - can anyone elaborate?

No tint going on the windshield just the upper border on her side - I'm too tall and hate fighting through the tint so have it shaped like this _______/ < - when it get to my vision area......

Yes the law says maximum 40%, and I recall maybe 10 or so years ago there was a crackdown ( where have I heard that word before) on it where cars were stopped and their tint measured. They measure it with some appliance that they slide over the side windows.

If you want something official go to the police station and ask them, but I suggest you change your attitude.

• Like 1

Yes the law says maximum 40%, and I recall maybe 10 or so years ago there was a crackdown ( where have I heard that word before) on it where cars were stopped and their tint measured. They measure it with some appliance that they slide over the side windows.

If you want something official go to the police station and ask them, but I suggest you change your attitude.

Thanks for your reply, that's what I have heard too. And that's why I asked here, hoping there were some experts here who can share some hard facts to support this rumour.

About the attitude: It is more about my expectation to get sensible replies. When you ask something in the Visa and Work Permit forum for example, people will reply with actual knowledge rather than rumours they have heard, and either quote the law or provide a link to it.

In other forums, where there is a lot of chitchat like here, if someone asks a serious question he will get a well-founded reply and not be told off.

I guess "change your attitude and ask at the police station" must be unique to the Motor forum - I always thought ThaiVisa is about expats helping expats. Is the Motor forum really only about chitchat and exchanging anecdotes about your family members? Are serious questions not allowed, so that a change of attitude is required here?

That would be so sad. As I said in the OP, I searched the archives and found many of those stories, but no meat. After over 20 years in Thailand, I could tell enough of those stories myself, but I am looking for usable information on ThaiVisa. I have given and received good and usable information on other ThaiVisa forums.

I am still hoping that somebody here is knowledgeable and willing to share. Telling me to go to (wherever) is not a nice attitude here at ThaiVisa, which was especially created for expats helping expats. Thanks for your kind understanding and support.

You think the police will know details like this?
  • Like 1

40% on the Front Screen then the Laws an Ass. Im adamant these Days its just for Show Offs, or Folks with Dirty Interiors full of Take Away Boxes.My Pet Hate im pleased to say, seen so many hurt just for Looks...Many clear Heat Bans about ,or is it The Wife Said.facepalm.gif