Patong Immigration Office

phuketjock

• 3 weeks later...

Phuketjock,

Was your 90 day check in for an ED Visa?

I ask because I went to the Patong office with my friend (as I can't enter the building, wheelchair bound) and filled out the paperwork & gave them the overstay fee. Note: I was late to check in and was 16 days over the due date. They said, because I was late, I've overstayed and need to pay B500 per day, , B8,000. Is that correct? I had thought that fee was for overstaying on a VISA. My friend came out and thought we were done.

I asked him for my passport. He forgot it inside and went back in to get it. He came back out with the passport, cash & forms and informed me that "They do not process ED Visa's here (Patong)" and that I'd need to go to Phuket.

It's a pain in the ass for me to travel to another town. Need a friend to put me in a car, find a taxi, blah blah blah whine whine whine.

Are the staff in Patong incorrect/misinformed or are they being lazy? This is my first 90 reporting, so I didn't know what to expect. I thought it'd be easy. The person that helped me and my friend was the dark woman w/white hair. She can speak 4 or more languages. My friend told me that when he asked for the passport, she was talking to 3 'officials' that all told her to have me go to Phuket Town.

Any help or insight would be very helpful and welcomed.

--Pitts

90 days report you can do in Patong, no matter for the type of visa/extension.

But by the sound of it there is more to it for you than a simple 90 days report. So yes, make your way to Phuket Town, but first make sure you know exactly what you have to do (extend your stay or do a 90 days report).

Thanks for the quick response stevenl.

All I need is the 90 day report. The one that gives you a slip to staple in your passport. The only thing I can think of, is the 'overstay fee'.

--Pitts

Sounds like you were late in reporting. Something like 7 days late allowed. And late reporting is not 500 baht/day. Should be flat fee of 2,000 baht as fas as I know. Reporting does not depend on visa/extension. I suspect Patong as just being difficult about a rather simple fine.

Thanks for the quick response stevenl.

All I need is the 90 day report. The one that gives you a slip to staple in your passport. The only thing I can think of, is the 'overstay fee'.

--Pitts

Sounds like you were late in reporting. Something like 7 days late allowed. And late reporting is not 500 baht/day. Should be flat fee of 2,000 baht as fas as I know. Reporting does not depend on visa/extension. I suspect Patong as just being difficult about a rather simple fine.

Come on LiK is your suspicion based on any kind of knowledge or on the fact that you have

had a hard time at the Patong office in the past???

Sorry pittsdaulga my 90 day report is for a retirement extension and like Steven I think any 90

day report can be made at Patong office and that your problem is most likely related to your

late reporting so probably best to get yourself to Phuket.