Japs, Aussies & Yankies Majority Biz Ownership Exceptions in Thailand

Folks from these 3 countries can get a better deal when having a company in Thailand.

I am asking about Australians that can apparently own and operate in Thailand 100% export biz without any Thais involved at all. I am not talking about the "So Called" Free Trade Agreement that the Thai customs don't seem to acknowledge. Does anyone have any more info on this please for the Aussies ?

America:

Thailand-United States Treaty of Amity, the Thailand Board of Investment (BOI) is another exception which might allow foreigners to operate their businesses in Thailand by holding majority of share.

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

Not very PC, bordering on racist !

regards Worgeordie

Jap is an English abbreviation of the word "Japanese." Today it is generally regarded as anethnic slur

In the U.S. it's definitely an ethnic slur. That said, a buddy of mine says that isn't the case in Australia, e.g., "You wanna eat Jap food tonight?"

Personally I'm inclined to agree with him. Everything in the U.S. is a slur now, even saying "you people."

Is it also a slur to call someone a Brit?

• Like 1

Not very PC, bordering on racist !

regards Worgeordie

Jap is an English abbreviation of the word "Japanese." Today it is generally regarded as anethnic slur

In the U.S. it's definitely an ethnic slur. That said, a buddy of mine says that isn't the case in Australia, e.g., "You wanna eat Jap food tonight?"

Personally I'm inclined to agree with him. Everything in the U.S. is a slur now, even saying "you people."

Is it also a slur to call someone a Brit?

Well, I don't think it is a slur at all when you consider that, the Japs Bombed Pearl Harbour, they Bombed many parts of Northern Australia, they had Mini-subs in Sydney Harbour, they Occupied Thailand, invaded most of Asia and the Pacific, murdering and plundering all the way.

They then LOST the WAR, so I reckon they are pretty lucky if we just call them, JAPS!

There are many of their so-called "Comfort Women" ( who were used as SEX SLAVES) still alive in South Korea, who are awaiting compensation for the atrocities they suffered at the hands of the Japs.

Edited by Torrens54
  • Like 2

Anyone can own a 100% foreign owned export business in Thailand. It's only the businesses on the protected list that must have majority thai owned.

Not exactly true it depends on the amount of money invested and you influence and negotiation with the BOI.