Decent American Breakfast

saramsland

Though a bit expensive, you might the Hilton, Marriott or Hard Rock. I'm sure they'd have a "real" American breakfast.

I had the eggs bennedict at Foodland a few weeks ago. It was OK. And for the price, fantastic.

A few off topic posts have been removed from view.

wai2.gif

I had the eggs bennedict at Foodland a few weeks ago. It was OK. And for the price, fantastic.

Yes, Eggs Benedict at Foodland for 72B including real coffee and a small glass of orange juice and free water is a good deal for the proper ingredients you get.

Their American breakfast is about the same price (discounted before 9am, I think) but I dont find it as good as the Eggs Benedict. They also do another breakfast for 99B.

The Golf Club in Soi LK Metro very near Irish Rovers has the best American Style breakfast selections: SOS, french toast etc. I also agree that Moonshine in Jomtiem Soi 4 is also good if you're in that area. The attraction of Irish Rovers is the value if you're looking for quantity. Foodland is just a cheap mediocre breakfast the same as you can get anywhere. Continental on Soi Xcyte is also good and the Robin's Nest on Soi Diana Inn has a good omelet and you can order sides such as fried potatoes.

One drawback to most places is they mostly offer set breakfast choices and it is hard to find a place that you can get exactly what you want without ordering a set that that has items that you don't really want and then having to order a couple of sides also.

Casa Pascal has always had good reviews but I've never ate there myself. I think I need to get over there one of these days.

Edit: I see Eggs Benedict at Foodland recommended and I've only had the standard breakfast so my lack of enthusiasm for eating there is based on that only. YMMV.

Edited by Smokin Joe
  • Like 1

For good quality, not greasy, Frazers on Thappraya. Very nice side bacon, eggs, hash browns, toast with straw jam accompanied with espresso machine coffees like cappuccino or what-not, 125baht., they start serving at 8:30.

Soutpeel,

No doubt you must be on the list of most favoured members.

Anyone else have a usable suggestion?

Actually Soutpeel has zero to offer anyway. He done pissed off every American on this site & only knows how to Google when spewing out outdated info. The copy paste kid.

• Like 1

For good quality, not greasy, Frazers on Thappraya. Very nice side bacon, eggs, hash browns, toast with straw jam accompanied with espresso machine coffees like cappuccino or what-not, 125baht., they start serving at 8:30.

Real hash browns?

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Jollies on Soi Buakaow. Not only can you order your eggs cooked however you want, there is proper decent percolated coffee.

How are waffles and pancakes? They have real maple syrup?

I like Jolly's for many things, including occasionally the English breakfast because of the (deep fried) potatoes. But never noticed if they have anything approaching an American breakfast. Don't think so.

As for real maple syrup, I cannot imagine any restaurant but a fancy hotel one offering the real thing. It's just so expensive and all imported from Canada. I think at Villa maple syrup runs 400 to 800 baht for small to medium size bottles.

Real hash browns?

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Depends what you mean by real. I have them hold them as I am still in weight loss mode. Everything there seems to be made on site including bbq sauce, salad dressings etc. so my guess is they are not frozen.

Jollies on Soi Buakaow. Not only can you order your eggs cooked however you want, there is proper decent percolated coffee.

How are waffles and pancakes? They have real maple syrup?

I like Jolly's for many things, including occasionally the English breakfast because of the (deep fried) potatoes. But never noticed if they have anything approaching an American breakfast. Don't think so.

As for real maple syrup, I cannot imagine any restaurant but a fancy hotel one offering the real thing. It's just so expensive and all imported from Canada. I think at Villa maple syrup runs 400 to 800 baht for small to medium size bottles.

Ogaras on Pratumnak serves maple syrup with their pancakes as does Rich Man Poor Man in Jomtien. Ogaras serves one of the better breakfasts in Pattaya, if they would take away the stewed tomato and beans this would qualify as American breakfast.

• Like 1

As for real maple syrup, I cannot imagine any restaurant but a fancy hotel one offering the real thing. It's just so expensive and all imported from Canada.

Casa Pascal has something that tastes like maple syrup. I don't know how real it is. Maybe some expert could try it?

Note: When I mention maple syrup we should realize we are not speaking of real maple syrup whose content is regulated to be called authentic maple syrup. Log Cabin, Aunt Jemina, Mrs Butterworths brands are mostly corn syrup with artificial maple flavor.

Not real in my experience. Not possible in a buffet at that price.

Presumably then we can assume that all maple syrups in breakfasts here are the flavoured sort, (except perhaps in the most expensive hotels like the Royal Cliff etc). So all the other places mentioned are probably on a level playing field in that respect.

The Golf Club in Soi LK Metro very near Irish Rovers has the best American Style breakfast selections: SOS, french toast etc. I also agree that Moonshine in Jomtiem Soi 4 is also good if you're in that area. The attraction of Irish Rovers is the value if you're looking for quantity. Foodland is just a cheap mediocre breakfast the same as you can get anywhere. Continental on Soi Xcyte is also good and the Robin's Nest on Soi Diana Inn has a good omelet and you can order sides such as fried potatoes.

One drawback to most places is they mostly offer set breakfast choices and it is hard to find a place that you can get exactly what you want without ordering a set that that has items that you don't really want and then having to order a couple of sides also.

Casa Pascal has always had good reviews but I've never ate there myself. I think I need to get over there one of these days.

Edit: I see Eggs Benedict at Foodland recommended and I've only had the standard breakfast so my lack of enthusiasm for eating there is based on that only. YMMV.

The Gold Club is the best for american breakfasts, and they have Log Cabin brand syrup for your french toast along with good coffee.

As an American, TGC does have the best american breakfasts, the only thing really lacking and this is a problem with most of pattaya is getting good homefries. But they do have decent hash browns.

As an American, TGC does have the best american breakfasts, the only thing really lacking and this is a problem with most of pattaya is getting good homefries. But they do have decent hash browns.

Confused about what you just said there. So is the American potato dish we are speaking about good or not good at TGC?

If you want real american deli sandwiches nothing beats 'Pastrami on Rye' in Jomtien . Also much healthier than the american breakfast .

http://www.pastramionryethailand.com/kitchen.html

Not many people really want a pastrami sandwich for breakfast, not that there's anything wrong with that!

Speaking of deli breakfasts, still no REAL bagels on sale in Pattaya.

Just sticking a hole in a roll does not a REAL bagel make. w00t.gif

Edited by Jingthing

If you want real american deli sandwiches nothing beats 'Pastrami on Rye' in Jomtien . Also much healthier than the american breakfast .

http://www.pastramionryethailand.com/kitchen.html

Thanks for that but the discussion is about American breakfast and not about health and nutrition. Btw, pastramionrye is rumored to start serving breakfast for the new year.
  • Like 2

Confused about what you just said there. So is the American potato dish we are speaking about good or not good at TGC?
hash browns are not the same as home fries. Hash browns are fried shredded potato. Home fries are fried chunks of potatoes. Both should have onion and garlic but home fries are fried in butter and hash browns in oil. The hash browns are usually served in patty from. So in answer, at the golf house they serve frozen preformed hash brown patties, they serve the purpose but could be better. Edited by Chwooly
  • Like 1

Do you actually want an American breakfast (ie with things like waffles and hash browns) as opposed to a British one (ie with toast and jam, and fried farmyard)?

Either way, I would recommend the Casa Pascal brunch buffet as having decent quality breakfast items for just about every taste and ethnicity. Hard to beat for the price (225B).

How is toast and jam any different for either American of English Breakfast? Looking at the menus..they are usually the same,perhaps the sausages/bacon varieties are different. Actually, you can just go for the English breakfast...at any number of places along soi Buakhao.

I just shy away from (I suppose it is called Australian) plates where they throw on those crappy beans out of a tin can.

Edited by slipperylobster

Hash browns can mean different things to different people but I agree that the ones at the Golf Club are the pre-made patties like McDonald's. That is the one dissapointing thing there when the rest of their stuff is really good.

I don't think I've seen home fries with peppers and onions anywhere, but the Continental makes excellent fresh hash browns (the shredded kind) but I think the call them rosti. They comes with the Swiss Breakfast which I always order there.