Help or not help?

Somsrisonphimai

Block her. Or even better... delete your fb account.

I knew her. She is a few year younger than me. It is hard to think that she will be scamming me smile.png.

Get the English dictionary and look up " confidence trickster"

OP, from you OP I understand that your 'long lost friend' has an ex boyfriend, with whom she has kids, correct?

Why does the ex boyfriend get away so easily with not paying, or at least contributing, for the house for his kids?

Does your 'friend' still chase him for that?

Just curious.

Don't really know why the father did not pay and where is he now. She said she is no longer with him. She is living in the city and send money to support the children each month. The house belonged to father's mother.

OP, from you OP I understand that your 'long lost friend' has an ex boyfriend, with whom she has kids, correct?

Why does the ex boyfriend get away so easily with not paying, or at least contributing, for the house for his kids?

Just curious.

Don't really know why the father did not pay and where is he now. She said she is no longer with him. She is living in the city and send money to support the children each month. The house belonged to father's mother.

So wheres the rest of the family then?

So the repairs never got done? the moneys gone the boyfriends gone.....sheesh if I were you Id be gone too.

Just curious.

So the repairs never got done? the moneys gone the boyfriends gone.....sheesh if I were you Id be gone too.

No one wanted to help her. That is why she asked me.

Just curious.

Think about this....No one will help her....WHY!!!! ?????

OP, if you are going to help, you should certainly ensure that the debt is genuine before proceeding any further.

If the debt is genuine then pay the amount that you are willing to donate directly to the finance company.

I would also add conditions to the donation in so much that your childhood friend provides monthly evidence of making the principal repayments to the finance company. You could also offer advice on managing her finances and decide whether she is able to afford the remaining instalments.

Can you visit her personally at her home before making your decision?

If she doesn't continue to make regular principal repayments then your donation will have been for nothing and she will only defer the problem until a later date.

Long-term constructive support will be more fulfilling than just making a donation.

I don't really need a hassle. I could pay for the whole loan and be done with it. The principle behind it that is what got me. People say when you give gift to other people, you should not care what happen to it. I put money away for the students' gift and happy and look forward to it. But why am I feeling uneasy to help this girl?

You feeling un-ez because you know this girl is taking you for a FOOL!

Things would be so much better for village girls if they kept their legs closed. I know its hard with thai men being great lovers-but still.....................

All you compassion freaks- get with the program. The case at hand is same ole story yadda yadda yadda! Cry me a freakin river.

If the girl said she needed loan to buy grannie a new heart valve then yes by all means be compassionate.

Edited by nooption

if you can spare the money-do it.

if it went well you will feel good,if not book it to experiance...

but if you need the money yourself-sorry:som nam na

if you can spare the money-do it.

if it is going well you will feel good,if not book it to experiance...

but if you need the money yourself-sorry:som nam na

Edited by Crazy chef 1

Just curious.

And when you have helped her do you think she will LEARN anything from this experience? the only thing she will learn is repeat ad nauseum

And when you have helped her do you think she will LEARN anything from this experience? the only thing she will learn is repeat ad nauseum

Somsri - she's about your age so has been an adult for quite awhile - it's very possible nobody will help her because they KNOW her.....have watched her and/or maybe helped her one/many times/many people before.....now she's run out of people face to face so she's mining the FB page of someone she found from her past who she perceives to be in a position to help AND is not close by enough to know for sure what is really going on as you've moved away from her area.....

Whichever way you decide to help her I have the feeling you've just gained a dependent - especially once the emotional hook is set......

Your school idea comes with a clean and willing giiving/spirit/heart......and it will help give hope and encouragement to an innocent young student - good plan.....

Help your friend if you like knowing what you know - not much ..... but don't take the money away from the worthwhile project (beautiful gift) that you wish to introduce - you could possibly incite others to do the same or set up a scholarship program so the students have a carrot to aim at spurring learning and maybe raising the future of many in pursuit of the reward to come for excellence - many would compete and honor your money......

• Like 1

Just curious.

I am not sure if she will learn from this. I don't know. I feel like I am being forced to do something.

In this case....listen to your heart. There is a chance that it could be a life changing thing for her. If so.....good. If not.....good too. You can look proudly in the mirror always....whatever happens later.

I know I need to do something about it otherwise I will feel bad later on. The way to go about it is what got me. It seemed people here are quick to think that this is a scam.

• Like 1

In this case....listen to your heart. There is a chance that it could be a life changing thing for her. If so.....good. If not.....good too. You can look proudly in the mirror always....whatever happens later.

I know I need to do something about it otherwise I will feel bad later on. The way to go about it is what got me. It seemed people here are quick to think that this is a scam.

Trust your own instincts. The mirror will never crack. Just read the whole thread again....did you contact the financecompany already ?

• Like 1

Trust your own instincts. The mirror will never crack. Just read the whole thread again....did you contact the financecompany already ?

No, I have not contacted the finance company. I am going home for Christmas and New Year so I told her to come by my parents' house to talk about it.