Chuwit in parliament with a lamp as a symbol of protest

webfact

Chuwit in parliament with a lamp as a symbol of protest

20-11-2557-14-16-24-wpcf_728x406.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Rak Prathet Thai party leader Chuwit Kamolvisit went to the parliament this morning carrying a lamp as a symbolic gesture of protest against what he described as “darkness covering the country” which needs a lamp to shed light.

The former maverick MP said he would present the lamp to Dr Bovornsak Uwanna, chairman of the Constitution Drafting Committee, and Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha said that light would be shed to replace darkness.

Mr Chuwit said that drafting a new charter was pointless because the charter was always ignored when people were engaged in a fight and hence Thai Constitution was often torn to shreds and rewritten again and again. And this was the reason why he refused to take part in the charter drafting process, he added.

“People called me crazy for refusing to participate. But I would rather say that people who participated are crazier than me because a charter, once drafted, would be torn up again. Please do not criticize me because there is no the Opposition now and let me speak up,” said Mr Chuwit.

He also voiced his support for the prime minister’s decision not to lift martial law saying that there will be troubles if the law is lifted because there are still under currents.

(Photo : Thai PBS File)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chuwit-parliament-lamp-symbol-protest

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-20

• Like 1

Chuwit Kamolwisit is the darling of the Thai people. He is widely respected.

Just ask a Thai person. Show them his picture if you cannot pronounce his name. The Thai person will express their admiration. If they don't, they are lying because they are scared of the military or they are unrepresentative.

• Like 2

Just ask a Thai person. Show them his picture if you cannot pronounce his name. The Thai person will express their admiration. If they don't, they are lying because they are scared of the military or they are unrepresentative.

I just asked my Thai wife and she doesn't like him at all.

I asked her father, he doesn't like him either.

I asked the two builders working on my house and they don't like him either.

Sorry Briggsy...... Completely wrong.

"He got out when the getting was good", and admitted to his questionable lifestyle after the statue of limitions had expired. He seems to be a thorn in the side of some of the more openly corrupt programs/scams that have come about. It Is too bad others could/have not followed this exit from politics route, in the past couple decades. The monies lost to corruption during this time would pay for a lot of basic needs of the entire population of Thailand.

• Like 1

Please see my final sentence.

Not at home they're not... you're way off the mark.

Nobody in my family likes this slime-bag either.

You have an issue with Thai people?

At least he has a sense of humour and brings a smile to many a face - from his escapades before as well as now!

The same could be said of Chalerm... maybe they should team up with you and bill themselves as the Three Stooges.

No - one is a corrupt slug that thinks he could assassinate the Bank of Thailand and run off with the money - the other is just a teddy bear

Dead right RB....he's nothing more than a burnt out brothel owner trying to keep his miserable name in the press.........

• Like 2

Yep wrong, he got very few seats in the last election and lost when running for bkk governor. He is a pimp, and many people in bkk remember his suk soi 10 saga.

Whilst saying this, at least he protests which I completely agree with.

Calling him the darling of Thais is indeed wrong.

Dead right RB....he's nothing more than a burnt out brothel owner trying to keep his miserable name in the press.........

Clearly some posters here are still on the waitinglist for an irony-transplant!!coffee1.gif

I agree with you on this one RustBucket.

..............."If they don't, they are lying because they are scared of the military or they are unrepresentative.".......................

Absolute lie, sorry but there is no other word for it. I wish posters would stop posting these falsehoods because not only is it annoying anti-junta propaganda it is against forum rules.

This lie does not only apply to opinions on Chuwit Kamolwisit, but anyone in general.

I have asked many Thai people in Chiang Mai recently, people of all ages with varying ways of life, jobs, economic situations, what they think of Yingluck and the new government, and I am yet to meet one who had any time for Yingluck. And most of them thought the new government was doing a good job.

Don't try telling me that these people have any reservations about giving a negative view of the current government because they are scared of the military. Most of these people are long time friends who were having a private conversation with me. They know I am not going to report them to the "Thought Police".

Do you think there are army commandos hiding behind bushes waiting to pounce on anyone who dares to condemn the army or government ?

STOP - POSTING - LIES