Chaeng Wattana 4 Steps Extension nightmare

I guess they are weening us out by slowly making it more and more expensive.

60 days instead of 90 means you have to pay 3800B per 3 months instead of the usual 1900B.

I have nothing against it, it's their choice, their country, they can invite who they want.

But don't come and tell me this is against scammers, for they are the one getting away with it.

My mate, with his Thai wife and family now for 6 years on an ED visa, never been to school, doesn't need to, he's got way better Thai skills than anyone attending any school, since he lives with family ie 7 native thai people on hand everyday to brush up his skills. Plus on top of this he takes his 2 years old girl to immigration and every Thai immigration officer LOVES baby especially Lukrung. So obviously when I come after this type of candidate at immigration, I look like a right lazy bag.

See this is what I mean.

They expect us to respect their laws etc but they don't even enforce or inspect their own laws! Their laws on Ed and other visas should apply to EVERYONE! Drug dealers and family men are both abusing it, but there is one rule and different for others.

People on this board can lecture all they want about "well that is the law" blaa blaa blaa. But those laws aren't even respected properly by the people that are supposed to be enforcing them!

Sorry I meant their discrimination to sort out scammers is solely based on Thai skills.

How can someone single going to school twice a week (to be taught by unqualified teachers) can compete with a guy living in a Thai family and practicing Thai all day every day (who only needs the visa and never goes to school ) ?

they do probably assume the guys with family and thai GF are paying and got to financially support a gf and family

it sucks but there is no question they seem to give that kind of farang an easier go.Thai dont like to mess with another thais food bowl.

maybe just tell them you have thai gf?

And how did this officers know about all the details of farangs who was stilk waiting?

And since each case get dealt one at a time, how do they seperate these ones who you say are the favoured one and let them go first.

Sorry but a lot of things in this op dont seem to make sense

I am NOT GAY

I am a woman

I don't think it would go down well if I would say I have a Thai GF

I think you are confused indeed!

haha ok excuse me miss i didnt know. So that is a surprise they would treat females like that also.

Although i did talk to a south African once while on a visa run and she did say she always had trouble with immigrations

Does that Ukrainian guys gf also study with him at pro language? Because I have a Ukrainian couple in my class at pro language and they try very hard in class. Shame if he only got 60 days.

Yes !

Chubby young guy (20 /30) very friendly

They both study very hard at prolanguage and kept a brave face and despite all the rudeness and humiliation.

When he tried to ask for explanation to the ED visa boss as to why he did not get 90 days he still kept smiling.

I was too annoyed and pissed off after 7 hours to smile at anyone.

This guy is a hero !

Where is the guy who said I was lying?

Edited by Kitsune

Congratulations Sir, for being a model student. We care so much.

Now does anyone has any informations about why they started to do these changes, giving extension based on how the appliant look like?

Appearance always has been very important in Thailand.

All African countries applicant regardless which country it is, have from now on, to renew their ED visa in their own country.

If barring a whole continent is not based on appearance what is? Many African are leaving THL

Most of the africans dress better than thai and westerners majority speak fluent thai and english. Obviously they are shafted for being who they are.

Does that Ukrainian guys gf also study with him at pro language? Because I have a Ukrainian couple in my class at pro language and they try very hard in class. Shame if he only got 60 days.

Yes !

Chubby young guy (20 /30) very friendly

They both study very hard at prolanguage and kept a brave face and despite all the rudeness and humiliation.

When he tried to ask for explanation to the ED visa boss as to why he did not get 90 days he still kept smiling.

I was too annoyed and pissed off after 7 hours to smile at anyone.

This guy is a hero !

Where is the guy who said I was lying?

I'll see those guys in class tomorrow. I bet he is still so cheerful despite a bad day at immigration :-)

I am going to over prepare for January. I know my Thai tutor well and she speaks fantastic English and is good at explaining things, the teaching at pro language is....average...

but it is clear that the Thai people that matter, do not want every Tom Dick and Harry turning up in Thailand and working here with no permission, ( the internet has made this possible, like never before) taking possible jobs from the Locals

Two points I don't understand here that I would like you to clarify...

1. How has the internet made it more possible than ever for every "tom, dick and harry" to turn up and work in Thailand with no permission?

2. What jobs are farangs taking away from the locals?

My mate, with his Thai wife and family now for 6 years on an ED visa, never been to school, doesn't need to, he's got way better Thai skills than anyone attending any school, since he lives with family ie 7 native thai people on hand everyday to brush up his skills. Plus on top of this he takes his 2 years old girl to immigration and every Thai immigration officer LOVES baby especially Lukrung. So obviously when I come after this type of candidate at immigration, I look like a right lazy bag.

Since I'm a luuk kreung (a full grown man already, not a baby) will that be of any benefit to me with immigration? w00t.gifclap2.giftongue.png

I don't know they tend to be pickier on grownups

This is youth paradise

Do you look like a movie star ?

Maybe ... maybe not.

He's Thai ... whistling.gif

Since I'm a luuk kreung (a full grown man already, not a baby) will that be of any benefit to me with immigration? w00t.gifclap2.giftongue.png

This is youth paradise

Maybe ... maybe not.

He's Thai ... whistling.gif

Who said I'm Thai?? "Luuk kreung" means a half-caste / half-breed person. I've got Western & Asian blood but definitely no Thai blood.

I do consider myself to look like a movie star, but others may disagree facepalm.gifcheesy.gif

All African countries applicant regardless which country it is, have from now on, to renew their ED visa in their own country.

If barring a whole continent is not based on appearance what is? Many African are leaving THL

Most of the africans dress better than thai and westerners majority speak fluent thai and english. Obviously they are shafted for being who they are.

As we all know, 99% of Africans here are up to no good. Mostly dealers, hookers or scammers so it's a good thing they're going.
Sure, they do dress well, they try to dress like African Americans to look like them but we all know they're not.
  • Like 1

The days of easy Ed Visa to stay in Thailand are finished.

It is confirmed that Thai immigration will scrutinize and thoroughly check all ED visa extensions & applications from now on.

As per immigration rules and regulations, if you propose to stay in thailand for any extended period outside being that of a tourist you are required under thai law to have the appropriate visa in place which is indicative of your situation.

wai2.gif

My situation is learning Thai and I am doing exactly this 8 hours a week instead of the 4 hours that I am supposed to, in order to catch up with Immigration office's ridiculous expectations. I end up being the MOST present student in the school. Most of my lessons are on one-to-one basis as 99% OF STUDENT DONT BOTHER TO COME BUT GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE THEY HAVE THEIR PARTNER TEACHING THEM AT HOME immigration treat them with respect and grant them extension every 3 months, while I am considered as pond life and denied 90 days extensions.

- Learning Thai with unqualified teachers does NOT qualify as easy.

- Thorough checks does not justify the rudeness and humiliation.

- Expecting ridiculously high levels of language skills is just a way to get rid of us and get another promotion for the new Chief of ED visa.

- Picking on the disabled, the elderly, the Black community to get the numbers higher is just a disgrace.

- Letting the people who abuse the most the system (red stamp+ never goes to lessons+working) get away with it and encourage them just because they have a Thai partner and their skills are way better than anyone just going to school is just unfair, biased, and encourage people to ditch lessons.

Edited by Kitsune

This is youth paradise

Maybe ... maybe not.

He's Thai ... whistling.gif.

Who said I'm Thai?? "Luuk kreung" means a half-caste / half-breed person. I've got Western & Asian blood but definitely no Thai blood.

I do consider myself to look like a movie star, but others may disagree facepalm.gifcheesy.gif

Humblest apologies ... wai.gif

I've only ever heard that term used in conjunction with a Thai mixed blood.

As we all know, 99% of Africans here are up to no good. Mostly dealers, hookers or scammers so it's a good thing they're going.
Sure, they do dress well, they try to dress like African Americans to look like them but we all know they're not.

This is ridiculous and racist. I met loads of African football players in Bangkok, I really don't think they were scammers hookers or drug dealers.

Humblest apologies ... wai.gif

I've only ever heard that term used in conjunction with a Thai mixed blood.

Luuk means "child" and Krung means "half", even I (who was refused my 90 days extension after 3 months of thai) knows this.

Good thing you are not on a student visa, that would have been considered as non learned basic vocab and you would be kick out in no time !

but it is clear that the Thai people that matter, do not want every Tom Dick and Harry turning up in Thailand and working here with no permission, ( the internet has made this possible, like never before) taking possible jobs from the Locals

1. How has the internet made it more possible than ever for every "tom, dick and harry" to turn up and work in Thailand with no permission?

I'd wager most Thais don't give a hoot about foreigners being here. We are a tiny fraction of the population and not allowed to take on a vast majority of jobs anyway.

This is ridiculous and racist. I met loads of African football players in Bangkok, I really don't think they were scammers hookers or drug dealers.

We call it soccer not football :P

I've met only 1 African soccer player and 1 who lives in my building with a legitimate job. Those guys won't be on an ED visa. All the others I've seen walking around have been the other types. Hanging out in big groups just waiting around, grabbing at women when they see something they like, or asking people who walk past "are u alright or do u need something" or trying to start a conversation other ways.

1, all the web designers, on-line traders, poker players, etc no work permits no tax paid.

2, jobs that westerners do without work permits, car/motorcycle dealers, bakers, multi condo renters, builders, teachers, bar owners again no tax paid

and most of them will be on Ed visa's, people that sail close to the wind - multi tourist visa's, multi visa exempt, fake marriages, all make it harder for the genuine/married/had my working life in falang land people, as they tighten all visa rules. Look at the problems now getting multi non 'o' in the UK. as an example.

How are 20/30 year old people living here for years on end, if they were working legally they would not need ED visa's or sail close to the wind

How are 20/30 year old people living here for years on end, if they were working legally they would not need ED visa's or sail close to the wind

Same way as some of the people in their 40s/50s/60s/70s are living here.....from savings they've got from working hard before they decided to live here. Anybody who's working on an ED visa should be kicked out & banned from returning.

Edited by bbi1

1, all the web designers, on-line traders, poker players, etc no work permits no tax paid.

2, jobs that westerners do without work permits, car/motorcycle dealers, bakers, multi condo renters, builders, teachers, bar owners again no tax paid

and most of them will be on Ed visa's, people that sail close to the wind - multi tourist visa's, multi visa exempt, fake marriages, all make it harder for the genuine/married/had my working life in falang land people, as they tighten all visa rules. Look at the problems now getting multi non 'o' in the UK. as an example.

many, many under 50s are living here on money from offshore assets/businesses (passive income), trust funds, rental property back home (i lived on this income for 10 years!), savings from time working high paying jobs and others

not everyone under 50 is here illegally, in fact i'd say its a much smaller group from my time here

how long does it take a software developer, broker, banker etc take to save 25K GBP? 6 months? could live on that here for 3 years easily.

Edited by ColdSingha

I find it strange that immigration are testing your Thai skills , when we have schools here in Pattaya , and Bangkok that will teach you English, Japanese, Korean and Russian. They cant deny anyone to learn a different language than Thai as long as the schools offer them.