BBC radio on the Android - not working?

briley

I always listen to the BBC using the BBC iplayer radio app on my android tablet.

Today it says I have to up grade the app. So I fire up Hola to pretend I am in the UK only to be told I have the latest version so can not change.

So I try to listen in firefox, very slow but it did connect - but no sound. Maybe this is a flash problem.

Any suggestions on how to continue getting Radio 4 and radio 5 both live and on demand? Live works well on other apps but they do not have the on demand feature.

Ah, Thai Visa is wonderful. As soon as I posted this I solved the problem after 4 hours of trying.

I had iplayer radio version 1.6.2.xxxxxxx

With Hola saying I was in the UK.

I uninstalled the app, went via firefox to the google play site and was still told it was installed.

Clicked the my apps on the top left hand side and it showed BBC iplayer radio still installed but when I clicked it it offered to install the app.

Installed version 1.6.3.xxxxxx and it works again.

Switched Hola off. still OK

Yes, you do not have to be in the UK to listen to the radio - but you can not download the android app whilst outside the UK - although it does continue to work in Thailand.

All the radio apps I looked at only gave live radio - not on demand. But yes, Tunein does give the on demand as well. I'll give it a go.

Thanks

TuneIn app gets my vote, too. Had it for over two years now and no complaints whatsoever.

My only caveat with radio apps (including any streaming app) is that if you have a limited data plan, then it is an absolute drain when you're out and about.

If you get tunein radio Pro you can record the stream, in Thailand I use WiFi for this