Phuket Locals

Pink Mist

Was just wondering what the situation is like down there these days.

Last time I was there it was great around Patong but was wondering how the local muslims are handling things.

We are planning a visit but if its bad vibes will give it a miss.

Hi Bronco,

Things are the sleepy same mate, the Muslims here are there usual friendly self. The Island has been booming of late, I am not sure how long since you have been here, but I dare say, you will not recognise the place. Phuket is one big construction site and has 10 times the traffic, than 6 years ago. I have a lot of dealings with the Muslim people and as per usual, they are smiley and content. The only negative news I have heard re Muslims, is the poisoning of dogs in Kamala - thats about it, otherwise great. Bring over some Farmers Union, when you come and Ill collect you at the airport mate. :o

hey Gent,

If it's iced coffe you want then you got it, will freeze a few dozen or can bring a bottle of bickfords will be back in June, maybe 24 or 25 phuket was gonna stay at c&n but another mate is coming in april reckons he will stay at Blue sky that is a new one to me what do you think?

I like the CNN mate, but I can get you nicer rooms and better prices - my mate owns a nice 4star in Patong, closer to Bangala than the CNN - I am sure I can talk him into 500 baht a night (CNN about 900 and only 3 star), if your interested, let me know - yes bickfords lime - I will collect you from the airport or send the hotel Mini Bus - let me know your arrival time/flight number and names by PM, when you are ready.

Blue Sky??, will have a look and let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gent ,

may I jump on that bandwaggon,please ?

I will be coming with Khun Wifie end of May to Phuket to check out the scene and prehaps to prepare for a relocation there in November.

It would be nice to have a local contact and if you can cget us a discount on the rooms ,so much better.

We currently are in Udon (for the past 2 1/2 years . I am 56 -Phang is 45 . We like a good bit of social life ,but not too much. Want to be involved in some groups or clubs. I am a bit into motorbiking and like scuba diving .

We are looking for a small 2 (1) BR house to rent -perhaps later buy - Phang is an avid gardener and we can turn an old place around in a jiffy.

We WANT TO HANG AROUND FOR A WEEK OR TWO to get an idea of the lay of the land. Would be nice to have some contacts were the girls can talk to each other as well .

Could we count on you help please . Am currently still in the US chasing the ONCE almigthy dollar.This back and forth 3-4 times a year is getting to me and we hope to find some thing nice in Phuket were we can settle down