Dokset Testimony: I did not intend to kill her

Lite Beer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smart of him ...

He gave the land and house away as a compensation for the victim her 4 kids.while that property was never owned by him in the first place.

Maybe the fact that all of his investments were in the name and in the control of the victim were a cause for his outburst in anger ?

It never said that he pays compensation and gets out of jail for paying. It merely said he's paying compensation.

Then it also said the judges will decide his fate in 2015.

Read a wee bit more carefully, my friends.

It's not pay money and get of prison time. It's pay money and likely spend more time in prison, depending on the judgement.

• Like 1

Many. Of you people are jumping to conclusions just b/c the inappriately mixes two separate issues...

Whether guilty or not has no bearing on selling of his her property...

He still could be sued in a civil case....if he does have any fin means to the 1.8 it could be deducted from the civil award...

CB

Seems you guys commenting here, do not know mutch about this case. The dead women plan was to take all propertys he had away from the guy , She had team up with a Patong Police guy to take this Dokset to the cleaners,,sinse a foregner cant own land and property , she was the person on all deeds. So ,ofcourse we all can have our own toughts why, and how she died..

She was married and not divorced , so now the second so called mariage with the Patong Police man was not right by the paper. THE EX husband for the dead women, have allready taken 20 mill bath part of property from Dokset, propaly this is his kids that also getting the 1,8 mill..

So the lesson is !! Never sign up maid, or girlfrend as owner of anything else than a bike,, sooner or later ,often you will be taken to the cleaners , Maybe is not the women you with that is the problem, but the family behind this women

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Murder-trial-starts-for-Dokset/20228

She was Mr Dokset’s girlfriend for seven years. They lived together in his house for six years,” she said.

Mrs Rungnapa left Mr Dokset and started a relationship with a new boyfriend, a police officer in Patong. The policeman – who police have yet to name – and Mrs Rungnapa married and had one son, but Mrs Rungnapa sent her son to stay with her family in Surat Thani, Miss Parichat explained.

Mrs Rungnapa, who on marriage stopped using her maiden name Ratsombat and assumed her policeman husband’s family name Suktong, was reported missing one month after she left Mr Dokset, which was more than two years ago, said Miss Parichat.

“Rungnapa had two other sons, 12 and 14 years old, both of whom are from her marriage before she met Mr Dokset or the policeman,” she said. - See more at: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Norwegian-man-confesses-accidentally-killing-Phuket-girlfriend/12452#ad-image-0

“They had many problems in that final year because Mr Dokset found out that Ms Rungnapa had been involved in another relationship since 2008,” Lt Col Chaowalit Petchsripia of the Chalong Police told the Gazette last year.

Mr Dokset said jealousy caused the argument that led to Ms Rungnapa’s death, but police have also followed a lead that land titles may have been a motive. Ms Rungnapa was the owner of the house in which her body was found, as well as other properties that Mr Dokset collected rent from. - See more at: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Murder-trial-starts-for-Dokset/20228#sthash.txmcMaBd.dpuf

• Like 2

Well ive often asked the question

" If one of your loved ones was murdered and you had the choice of the murderer spending their life in jail or you get adequately compensated, say 1 million dollars . What do you choose ?. ".

Life goes on either way...

• Like 1

Am I the only one who somehow fail to see how she, by accident, could end up butchered and stored away in a dust bin in his house for a few years? Or are we now looking for a second suspect, who found the poor woman, chopped her up and stored her in the suspect's house without his knowledge?

That aside, this can't have been done by a foreigner. Costas2008 told me that foreigners couldn't do things like this.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who somehow fail to see how she, by accident, could end up butchered and stored away in a dust bin in his house for a few years? Or are we now looking for a second suspect, who found the poor woman, chopped her up and stored her in the suspect's house without his knowledge?

That aside, this can't have been done by a foreigner. Costas2008 told me that foreigners couldn't do things like this.

Since your question was answered in the OP I hope you're the only one: "Dokset did, however, admit to “hiding the body for personal reasons”."

Since your question was answered in the OP I hope you're the only one: "Dokset did, however, admit to “hiding the body for personal reasons”."

I didn't see that part. Lucky for him that the bullet separated all her limbs and cut her in half so she would fit.

What I'm really wondering, though – is this a private procecution? Or the actual court case? Is he really gonna walk for 1.8 million baht?

I am really disappointed with Doksets father.

He used to be the Norwegian phone company, Telenors Asia manager. Based in Thailand, with DTAC as their biggest investment. You should think he would have enough connections to get his useless son off this with a few million baht payout.

He is old now, so that must e the reason he cant help his useless son.

• Like 1

I am really disappointed with Doksets father.

He used to be the Norwegian phone company, Telenors Asia manager. Based in Thailand, with DTAC as their biggest investment. You should think he would have enough connections to get his useless son off this with a few million baht payout.

He is old now, so that must e the reason he cant help his useless son.

Hopefully, he's disowned him.

In US involuntary manslaughter can be only 12 months jail time...

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/involuntary-manslaughter-penalties-and-sentencing.html

Although once you consider "time served" while awaiting trial and early release on probation for "good behavior " entirely possible that no or little prison time after verdict is possible..

Also there could be fines, and victims can sue for damages... So entirely possible that the final result may not have been too much different in the west (although certainly more expensive)

So let's not bag on Thailand for this one...

I didn't see that part. Lucky for him that the bullet separated all her limbs and cut her in half so she would fit.

What I'm really wondering, though – is this a private procecution? Or the actual court case? Is he really gonna walk for 1.8 million baht?

Just read the OP in full again. You'll see this is the prosecution, and there is no talk about him going to walk for any amount of money.

"by accident butchered and stowed away for some years" ?

- and no smells, no worms?

He probably stashed the corpse in the refrigerator, and then forgot to put her back.

Sorry for Costas2008, but unfortunately there are all kinds of lunatics in Farang countries, and statistically it was just a question of time till one ended up in Thailand

I have no sympathy with somebody who is engaging in a physical fight with a woman. Scumbags.

I'm not a violent person and I've never been in a physical altercation in my life, but whenever someone says this, it strikes me as strange.

What kind of father won't be able to protect his children? A useless father like I would have been, considering the times I've failed to protect children from women engaging in physical fights with them.

What kind of a man would hit a child but not a woman? That's not something I'd brag about.

Money compensation to relatives of the victim is vastly more logical than the US system. Money talks and humans are objectified, that's just reality. In the US, 80% of prisoners have never harmed anyone. If you think that's justice, and believe there will be a form of judgement day in the afterlife, you're more confused than a ladyboy in love with a violent homophobe.