:o hi to all!

Can anyone help me find a job in thailand?

I'm a filipino and frequently going to thailand just for a vacation. Since I love this country I'm looking forward to find a job and learn your language. I'm a farang not in a distant country (i'm in the Philippines).

Can you tell me which job is appropriate for farangs like me? I'm in the IT Business especially in the Computer, Internet and VoIP business in the philippines. Can I be a English Teacher? or like farang coordinator?

Thanks!

IT people in Thai don't really have a snow balls chance in Heck to find a job. Come here for 3 months going to Thai school. Get to know the place from a Thai prospective.

Sing and China are better places for you to fined a job. There are plenty of MSCE and UNIX admins running around.

I'm a filipino and frequently going to thailand just for a vacation. Since I love this country I'm looking forward to find a job and learn your language. I'm a farang not in a distant country (i'm in the Philippines).

Can you tell me which job is appropriate for farangs like me? I'm in the IT Business especially in the Computer, Internet and VoIP business in the philippines. Can I be a English Teacher? or like farang coordinator?

Thanks!

Lesson # 1.... a Filipino is an Asian, A farang is a white round eyed man, not just a foreigner.

Thanks!

Lesson # 1.... a Filipino is an Asian, A farang is a white round eyed man, not just a foreigner.

I'm a Filipino 1/2 white and round eyed woman? can I still call my self farang? :D

Thanks for the reply I appreciate your answers!

once again Khop Khun Kah!

IT people in Thai don't really have a snow balls chance in Heck to find a job. Come here for 3 months going to Thai school. Get to know the place from a Thai prospective.

Sing and China are better places for you to fined a job. There are plenty of MSCE and UNIX admins running around.

Another thing why I want to work in Thailand is also with my husband. My husband had a project in Thailand Last year somewhere in Rayong. He used to be an Instrumentation and Control Design Engineer were few thai works like this one. He probably have a chance to work there since he hand in hand work with thai's especially in the contruction area.

Could I get a 3 month VISA when I'm already in Thailand? Would they consider if I will enroll ahead before getting a VISA?

Thanks!

I'm a Filipino 1/2 white and round eyed woman? can I still call my self farang? :D

I wouldn't call myself a farang. Wait and see what the Thai's call you. If your husband gets a B visa, you can get an multiple O which enables 90 day stays, Frankly, your English isn't good enough to enable you to teach, and getting a job in IT will be nigh on impossible.

Why is it hard to get an IT or data networking job in Thailand?

You're ruining my fantasy of having a decent job while living in Thailand, and I WANT TO KNOW WHY !!

And I don't mean equivalent pay to what I make at home, just something more than what an English teacher makes. Not that there's anything wrong with being an English teacher.

:o

Copy of yesterday post to somebody else...

Are IT jobs really that difficult to land in Thailand? As it happens I was looking to get out of IT anyway and I could cope with a three year headache.

There are some jobs out there , the papers are full of them, but mostly there is this little line that says " Thai National Only". On the ones that don't have it you can estimate that for at least 60 percent the same rule will apply.

The people that work in IT here as farang are :

1. Send by the mother company in europe

2. Set up their own It biz to work as contracters (some extra possibilities)

3. Very highly specialized

4. Working at a very crummy wage doing a lot of things that are not IT.

I saw an Add yesterday asking for an ######. it said

"Some networking experiance needed, electricians will have extra consideration"

There is a lot of demand for SAP financials consultants, Sales people like business unit managers ect. But most adverts then also state bilingual thai english.

Thanks!

I wouldn't call myself a farang. Wait and see what the Thai's call you. If your husband gets a B visa, you can get an multiple O which enables 90 day stays, Frankly, your English isn't good enough to enable you to teach, and getting a job in IT will be nigh on impossible.

well some thai I met think I'm a thai. Well I had been College Instructor (English, Filipino, Systems Analysis & Design, Computer Architecture) once in my life when I'm starting my career (after I graduate as Computer Engineer). Currently I'm negotiating with Italian-Thai Devt. Public Co. Ltd to set up their ********** in Bangkok which is a project for Philipines-Thailand.

When I was in thailand I had a chance to read those classified ads in the paper, I think i'm qualified except for the last 2 requirements 1. Thai National 2. Proficiency in Thai and English language (English is ok! but Thai?)

Well thanks for the information it happens that your so very negative. :D Well I don't know why? its your opinion.

Guess what you are more than qualified to teach English. As I assume most Filipino have good American English.

The only problem is they , schools, as market pratice, pay Asian teachers less than the Westerners even though the Westerners are not native speakers from Anglo-Saxon countries. I used to study English with Chinese Malaysian and he was as good as another Swedish teacher I had. Guess what surely the Malaysian teacher got paid less than his White counterpart. It's market practice.

The only way you can do is to cliaming to be Eurasian or Amerisian which you say you are. So at least you can increase your potential pay. Claimging to be farang or at least half farang will get you higher pay. Thai people don't know much about American-born Asians

Thailand does not have huge network connecting to America, so IT services are not feasible commericialy. Regardless of small poor of IT personal, it costs much more to transfer information btw Thailand and US than those between India and US.

If you get into IT work, I would guess that you will not devople much professionally as the kind of work you expect in Thailand tends to be much more primative than what you are doing now.

Guest IT Manager
Thailand does not have huge network connecting to America, so IT services are not feasible commericialy. Regardless of small poor of IT personal, it costs much more to transfer information btw Thailand and US than those between India and US.

If you get into IT work, I would guess that you will not devople much professionally as the kind of work you expect in Thailand tends to be much more primative than what you are doing now.

Why do you feel that is the case Narit? Many people work in their own IT companies and do OK.

they think i'm a thai because of my appearance I wouldnt take any illegal chance to work there if its the only way. I would rather adopt the culture and learn the language before making the big step.

Tread cautiously... everyone will know that you are not a Thai.

they think i'm a thai because of my appearance I wouldnt take any illegal chance to work there if its the only way. I would rather adopt the culture and learn the language before making the big step.

Tread cautiously... everyone will know that you are not a Thai.

I once took a Thai girl to Manila for a few days err "business trip" and everybody thought she was a Filipino from the minute we arrived at the hotel (very nice 5* in Makati), to all the shopgirls in the department stores and everyone in the bars. Absolutuly nobody spoke to her in English - they all adddressed her in tagalog or whatever the Filipino dialogue is called. :o

As an aside, Filipino English is not that great in My humble opinion - OK to get by for the most part but even US eductaed Filipinos I know still have an accent that makes it difficult for Thai's to understand when conversing in English.

Guess what you are more than qualified to teach English. As I assume most Filipino have good American English.

The only problem is they , schools, as market pratice, pay Asian teachers less than the Westerners even though the Westerners are not native speakers from Anglo-Saxon countries. I used to study English with Chinese Malaysian and he was as good as another Swedish teacher I had. Guess what surely the Malaysian teacher got paid less than his White counterpart. It's market practice.

The only way you can do is to cliaming to be Eurasian or Amerisian which you say you are. So at least you can increase your potential pay. Claimging to be farang or at least half farang will get you higher pay. Thai people don't know much about American-born Asians

Thanks for the advice looking in the other side I think standard of living in thailand is not that high compare to the Philippines.

Filipinos are not that good in English communication it depends on the level of education, living and training. No wonder why there are so many Call Centers here in the Philippines which caters mostly in mainland US. I have some friends working in Call Centers (Macromedia, Cold Fusion, IBM etc.) before but now they ended-up teaching elementary in Kentucky.

Thai, Filipinos, Singaporean or anyone else may be good it all needs some practice, adopting culture and training so I hope we could end discriminating others whom believe they could find life in other places.

Well that's all folks see you in thailand this April I'll be in Bangkok for Songkran Festival... :o

Ayyeennaa,

I got two friends from the Philippines that work in Thailand as English teacher. PM me your email address and I will forward it to them. (School starts again in May so you should hurry if you want to lend a position as an English teacher in Bangkok)

BTW: Patpong on Songkran? I prefer Khaosan (if you happend to come to Khaosan the party goes on for three days).

Note: To get your paper legal in Thailand as a Filipino is much easier as for a Farang. (I've seen several European teachers that were refused a 90 day stamp (None Immigrant :o at the Thai consulates, but the teachers from the Philippines and Malaysia just popped in and picked up their passport w/o much questions. (ASEAN makes it possible)

good luck

why I said Patpong? hhmmmmm???

Coz my first time celebrating Songkran is at Patpong's Night Market I shop all night good thing some shop is still open and I'm wet all of my goods were soak in water.

After that I celebrate another Songkran Festival in Rayong coz my husband assigned there for a year.

Ayyeennaa

your husband is an instro? tech or engineer.. and what nationality

there seems to be an increase in construction of plants(oil/gas,power,smelters etc) at the moment so he might be able to get work here in thailand..

am looking around myself at the moment ( aust instro tech )

Ayyeennaa

your husband is an instro? tech or engineer.. and what nationality

there seems to be an increase in construction of plants(oil/gas,power,smelters etc) at the moment so he might be able to get work here in thailand..

am looking around myself at the moment ( aust instro tech )

:D

My husband is an Instrumentation & Control Design Engineer and he is a filipino also he works in the japanese firm (JGC-Japan Gas Company) here. More demands in thailand because theres a lot of industrial zone especially in provinces.

he already finish his project in thailand and its in rayong. I heard that there is a branch of JGC in Bangkok you may take a visit. But I dont have the address right now maybe you can search on local telephone directory.

Thai-Japan Gas Co., Ltd.

1/1 Mu 5 Rojana Industrial Park, Karn-Harm, Uthai, Ayuthaya 13210; tel (035) 330040-3; fax (035) 330039

Air Products Industry Co., Ltd.

343 Mu 2, Bang Pa-In Industrial Estate, Klong Jig, Bang Pa-In District, Ayutthaya 13160; tel 0 3525 8353 9; fax 0 3522 1412

Air Products Industry Co., Ltd.

343 mu 2, Bang Pa-In Industrial Estate, Klong Jig, Bang Pa-In District, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya 13160

Thai Industrial Gases PCL (Talan plant)

50 Mu 11, Talan-Tarua Road, Bangkhamode, Ban-Mor District, Saraburi 18130; tel 0 3534 2937; fax 0 3534 2933

Unique Gas & Petrochemicals Public Co., Ltd.

30/1 Moo 11, T. Bangpakong, A. Bangpakong, Chachoengsao tel (02) 2592433-43; fax (02) 2592290-1

Best is talk to JETRO in Bangkok or to Sumitomo Heavy Industry (because the Jetro guy is also closely linked to Sumitomo and as well Mitsui)