Patio tiler needed

bkkbarnstormer

I know this guy, but wouldn't recommend him unless he was doing good work. Worth a call at least. I know he's done several landscaping jobs lately.

Very expensive, unless it's a misprint and the figure quoted is per day, but even that would be expensive.

• Like 1

Hi mate

It is hard to get a good person here in the trades .

But they are out there .

To be honest with u they don't work for 300 baht a day.

I built a fence around my house and I payed the guy 800 baht a day from what I remember .

But he came with welder , grinders saws levels etc fully equipped with all the tools.

I picked a red wood for the fence and stainless steel hardware.

Now it is going on 5 years and this fence still looks like the day it was installed .

The builder helped me pic out the quality stain , wood , hardware he was understanding I wanted quality first .

And yes his labour was more but it is leve plumb square it tuck him about 6 days to do it .

So for 5000 baht I got a quality job . About 150 cdn to build my fence

But mind you it does not always turn out this way

I am also doing a patio out side I was not happy with the locals some of there work so I bought a table wet saw and the cuts are perfect the patio is done with quality workmanship in .

Now I am going to do new tiles in the bathrooms , kitchen etc now That i have a table mount wet saw

Good luck mate

I wouldn't work for 490 Baht an hour on a case by case basis. If the workmanship is good, it's worth the money.

do you really think that for THB 490/h a qualified Farang will tile a patio or will the Farang manager turn up with the required number of Thai employees who will do the job?

I wouldn't work for 490 Baht an hour on a case by case basis. If the workmanship is good, it's worth the money.

do you really think that for THB 490/h a qualified Farang will tile a patio or will the Farang manager turn up with the required number of Thai employees who will do the job?

As far as I'm aware construction is a restricted occupation for which a foreigner can't receive a work permit, so yes he will come with the required Thai employees, who will probably earn 490 Baht a day.

Take note that his price is for each employee/hour , not per hour on the job all together.

Edited by Anthony5
  • Like 1

Don't forget, everything is negotiable! One big problem I have is finding somebody to come here for an hour job. My plumber was just here for 3 hours and charged us 1,100B. He's a fantastic tradesman, so I'm willing to pay the high price. Though he's only available for small jobs when he's not on a big contract. Real hit and miss unfortunately.

That's exactly the problem. I also have some smaller jobs to be done around the house and impossible finding someone for a small job.

At our shop we needed one wall to be painted. The cheapest out of three guys we asked took 1,000 Baht for an hour's job. Well, they were two of them but still...

Yet two or three (apparently) competent men with special equipment come out and spend an hour or two cleaning and servicing my aircon unit for 400B total.

I think the prices mentioned above may be just more examples of farangs being overcharged simply because they are farangs.

Also tiling an outdoor patio is unlikely to be done in just an hour, so the cost of travelling time etc will be correspondingly less than for a quick repair job.

• Like 1

Yet two or three (apparently) competent men with special equipment come out and spend an hour or two cleaning and servicing my aircon unit for 400B total.

I think the prices mentioned above may be just more examples of farangs being overcharged simply because they are farangs.

Also tiling an outdoor patio is unlikely to be done in just an hour, so the cost of travelling time etc will be correspondingly less than for a quick repair job.

Excellent point! We had a team of some 6 or so to do our aircons. We have 4 and they were done in 3 hours. Very reasonable, 1,600B.

Like Raro mentioned above, handymen seem to be a different issue all together.