Martial the burning off season

Saan

I've not read any replies but I believe the army should get off their butts and patrol the countryside. Anyone caught lighting a fire should be shot or locked up for 15 years. Lighting fires is indirectly causing deaths, hence my tough stance.

The landowners are the ones who should be fined, with very stiff penalties.

Problem is many of the landowners are the powers that be so unlikely they would penalise themselves.

Hey look, another nanny state loving violent top notch Assh***. Fining people "stiffly" for their farming practices which are feeding him.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should of added that for my rules to be enforced there would need to be a farmers subsidy system in place because I do appreciate these guys are trying to make a living. If there was a fair subsidy system then the burners should just be the greedy, making harsh punishment fair.

I should of added that for my rules to be enforced there would need to be a farmers subsidy system in place because I do appreciate these guys are trying to make a living. If there was a fair subsidy system then the burners should just be the greedy, making harsh punishment fair.

So now you want to take money from the city folks in the form of taxation to send that to farmers in the country to spend on what exactly? How is that going to make the waste organics disappear?

They are going to spend the money on food. Farmers don't get paid enough, so yes office workers should pay taxes because they are the ones eating cheap, under priced food that the farmers slave over. No idea about the waste issue, ideally a chemical or animal would get rid of it but I have zero knowledge of that stuff.

By the way I am not discussing seriously here. I think it is rather daft that people try to discuss it seriously here as if it could actually ever make a difference. The simple fact is the farmers don't earn enough so they can't afford to manually get rid of the waste, they should therefore be aided.

They are going to spend the money on food. Farmers don't get paid enough, so yes office workers should pay taxes because they are the ones eating cheap, under priced food that the farmers slave over. No idea about the waste issue, ideally a chemical or animal would get rid of it but I have zero knowledge of that stuff.

By the way I am not discussing seriously here. I think it is rather daft that people try to discuss it seriously here as if it could actually ever make a difference. The simple fact is the farmers don't earn enough so they can't afford to manually get rid of the waste, they should therefore be aided.

Well the truth comes out. You have no idea what you are talking about.

1. So you want to give them money to spend on food because they burn excess organic waste. That makes no sense.

2. Farmers don't get paid enough so you want the government to come in and set the prices via some ridiculous wealth redistribution scheme. Are you posting from the Kremlin or something? You are talking like a communist. Ever hear about something called the free market?

What happened the last time the government tried to pay more for rice for example? Hmmm....Massive government debt and incredible sums of rice sitting about wasting away that the Thai Government can't sell cause they bought it 40% over market price due to the rice scheme. So with this fresh in everyone's head you want to create some other rice/food/farmer subsidy because "Office workers eat cheap, underpriced food". Despite its a voluntary exchange of food for money.

3. You have no idea about the waste. So you dream up some kind of subsidy for the farmers so they can eat because they burn excess organics. Yet you have no idea about what to do about the waste and giving them more money will do nothing because they will still have the organic waste to burn.

4. Its rather daft, lolz. Of course it is. Only a sizable number people reading this presumably with Thai connections being either they live here, married someone here, teach here, etc. Who knows who might see it or get the information. Or start thinking about doing something better.

5. "The simple fact is the farmers don't earn enough so they can't afford to manually get rid of the waste, they should therefore be aided." This is actually false because they are manually getting rid of the waste already. No need to aide them. Either figure out something better or <removed> instead of calling for their execution. That is ultimately daft.

Edited by onthedarkside
inflammatory remark removed

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So its just a list of excuses.
A bit like voting then.....my single vote wont make any difference.

Lame and weak.
The Govt need to grow some balls.

Not lame and not making an excuse for Thailand but everyone thinks that if Thailand stops their burning then Chiang Mai air will magically clear. Chiang Mai is in a geographically location thats has always attracted this pollution. This has been documented by man from the earliest settlers of Chiang Mai. As for as growing some cojones I could add another 100 items to the list which would all come out above the air pollution.

Makes me wonder why some people come here as you say it has been this way for years and yet they come and complain.

There may not be much of a problem with the burning off, except for the sensitive expats.

A have a couple of friends who are Thai GPs, they say differently. A big increase in respiratory problems during the "high" burning season, but what do they know!

A big increase in the rate of patients seen by two GPs is an insignificant number when you consider the size of the population.

I to saw only a few red spots but I can remember in past years where they were really heavy. Wait until mid February if it follows it's normal pattern. Maybe get the police to do a better job and the military to fight forest fires all over northern Thailand and it will make a difference. But there will still be smoke coming in from neighboring countries.

I've not read any replies but I believe the army should get off their butts and patrol the countryside. Anyone caught lighting a fire should be shot or locked up for 15 years. Lighting fires is indirectly causing deaths, hence my tough stance.

The landowners are the ones who should be fined, with very stiff penalties.

Problem is many of the landowners are the powers that be so unlikely they would penalise themselves.

Not sure if you have been following the news lately but powers that are. Are not getting the respect you think they are. Lets face it this is not a time to be a friend of the powers that were even though we are in the heartland of their stronghold.