Online share trading account

I use Hargreaves Lansdown in the UK, and am very happy with them. Not sure how easy you may find it to open an account if you're based outside UK though, and don't have a UK address.

For buying thru Singapore I use my bank - Standard Chartered Singapore. They cover a dozen major markets including the UK. The positive is it links nicely with your bank accounts. The platform is crude and basic though. Functional though, and OK for investing rather than time critical trading. They average around 0.2% commission per trade, with no minimum

There are also now a few brokers in Thailand which allow you to trade overseas markets

Cheers

Fletch :)

• 1 year later...

I use TD Direct Investing and am very happy with them. However if you are UK non-resident you cannot open an account with their UK office, but no problems opening an account with their Luxembourg one. You can trade UK, Europe, US, HK, Singapore etc.

http://int.tddirectinvesting.com/

Another option for UK non-residents is HSBC Expat banking, but I would never recommend this bank to anybody unless they absolutely had no other options.

Before proceeding with any application always read the fine print to see if you qualify, otherwise you will find yourself wasting a lot of time and be rejected.