Type "o" Rumour

"I am not totally sure of my facts on this one, but all the evidence is pointing to visa problems for many who stay in Thailand. Getting a multiple entry one year visa is getting tricky. I am told anybody applying for a B visa is expected to apply for a work permit and will have to show evidence of that. Those applying for an O visa will have to show that they intend to apply for a marriage visa, or a retirement visa. In both cases documentary evidence may be required. In the case of a marriage visa: the marriage certificate, plus a notarised letter from your wife saying you live together and a photo copy of her ID. In the past this was required by the immigration office in Thailand issuing the marriage visa, but now the Embassy/Consulate issuing the O visa also wants to see it. In the case of a retirement visa evidence of income or money in a Thai bank may well be asked for.

As usual there is little or no information on this and what there is can be contradictory. I pass this on as I keep hearing stories and if you are travelling a long way to get a visa it is as well to be prepared and have too many documents rather than find you are missing the vital piece of paper!

There are also several stories of people with tourist visas being bumped at the Cambodian border, and refused entry to the country on the basis that they are not tourists. This is particularly so for those doing a one day visa run."

Anyone agree with this?

source: asiabugle from Baron Bonk