Wife Economics

kerryk

All amounts in Baht per month.

I pay about 2000 for hair products. 1000 for pills and various remedies. 3000 for food. 3000 booze. 2000 clothes and shoes. 1000 make up and skin care products.

1000 travel to see relatives and friends. Medical and dental expenses 2000. Religious expenses 2000. Entertainment 8000. 3000 misc. For a total of 20,000 baht per month.

Geez, kerryk, need a Western girl too? With math skills like that I could make a killing...

There are likely some differences here if you are living in your home country or in Thailand with your "lady fair". It would seem to me much more expensive to be married, after I have paid the dowery "extorsion" and continue to pay monthly salary to wife and monthly stipend to Mama. Is it the norm to give a monthly amount to wife & family?? (Living in Thailand) I am not particularly thrilled with such arrangements.

There are likely some differences here if you are living in your home country or in Thailand with your "lady fair". It would seem to me much more expensive to be married, after I have paid the dowery "extorsion" and continue to pay monthly salary to wife and monthly stipend to Mama. Is it the norm to give a monthly amount to wife & family?? (Living in Thailand) I am not particularly thrilled with such arrangements.

So I take it your not married

It would seem to me much more expensive to be married, after I have paid the dowery "extorsion" and continue to pay monthly salary to wife and monthly stipend to Mama. Is it the norm to give a monthly amount to wife & family?? (Living in Thailand) I am not particularly thrilled with such arrangements.

Depending on whom you marry, it's not the norm to pay a dowry (it's called showing a dowry), not the norm to pay your wife an allowance, or to pay anyone's mama or family. In my experience, the various members of the immediate family (typically only those that live near each other, and sometimes together on the same property) pay equally into a "krongsri" (not to be confused with gong xi or krungsri), or a central fund for family use and investment.

:o

Financial or emotional?

All amounts in Baht per month.

I pay about 2000 for hair products. 1000 for pills and various remedies. 3000 for food. 3000 booze. 2000 clothes and shoes. 1000 make up and skin care products.

1000 travel to see relatives and friends. Medical and dental expenses 2000. Religious expenses 2000. Entertainment 8000. 3000 misc. For a total of 20,000 baht per month.

I figure it about the same or slightly less than I would pay for companionship if I lived alone.

Emotionally I am probably the winner as she is an easy woman to live with.

from your quick summation of your relationship by comparing it in financial terms with a hooker, i would say you are far from winning emotionally.

why?

call me an idealist, but to view companionship/marrige as a service and to evalute the differences between buying and renting the service somehow seems emotionally bankrupt.

Well I had village blessing in February 2004 gave wifes parents 20000bht, then I bought them a washing machine.

Not complaining at that, wife now has a good investment in gold and diamonds, we had cows but waste of time so sold them. but now got 13Rai land as well

We built our house Palace-De Huairat :o

Got the pick-up and the m/c and a baby on the way what more can one want

macb

Edited by macb