Who didn't come here for the women?

SoiBiker

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hands up if, like me, you've never been involved with a Thai lady during your time here.

That's not what your question in the thread title is

I didn't come here for the women. But I live here, so I am going to date Thai women, because the women here are Thai...

There are plenty of women here that aren't Thai, though.

99% of woman here are Thai

I live in a Thai area, not a tourist area. I only go to Thai restaurants and bars. I do not encounter many farang women in my daily life. And I've learned to speak Thai. I am going to date the women I meet around me. Why wouldn't I?

99% of woman here are Thai

I live in a Thai area, not a tourist area. I only go to Thai restaurants and bars. I do not encounter many farang women in my daily life. And I've learned to speak Thai. I am going to date the women I meet around me. Why wouldn't I?

Go for it. I wish you good luck.

Edited by SoiBiker

It's a reasonable question, surely?

Most days this place seems like the farang husbands support group. I'm just curious as to whether that's really the case, or if the membership is more diverse than that.

A reasonable question for another forum maybe, so we have established your into Thai men rather than Thai ladies

I'm suspecting that SB is looking for a Greek Adonis

Most days this place seems like the farang husbands support group. I'm just curious as to whether that's really the case, or if the membership is more diverse than that.

A reasonable question for another forum maybe, so we have established your into Thai men rather than Thai ladies

I'm suspecting that SB is looking for a Greek Adonis

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm spoken for.

"Most days this place seems like the farang husbands support group"

The ones that make all the needy noise are those desperately in need of help since this is the first time in their lives that a woman agreed to marry them without the use of blackmail or blunt force trauma or at least a remotely attractive woman. Once married they figure out why they were able to charm someone vastly out of their league into matrimony and need to seek help. Since misery loves company, other noisy posters who have come face to face with reality, start dispensing advice, which usually degenerates to something akin to True Confessions and a litany of tales of woe ... all of which blame the Thai women who were able to "cheat" them with their guile and intellectual superiority. Definitely the blind leading the blind into an abyss of finger pointing aimed everywhere but at themselves.

The 90% or so who have successfully found happiness in marriage or other pursuits can only look on in appalled & bemused silence.

No I didn't come for the women ... or the kathoeys. Coincidentally I am not one of the gobsmacked & bitter Thai bashers either. Not sure if there's a connection. Some people walk about with a "kick me" sign on their backsides and can't understand why they're covered in footprints.

Edited by Suradit69

I came here 30+ years ago to write Travel for Radio and a Newspaper. I later came here to work and found the BEST Woman, I have ever known, who became my wife.

We spent time in my home country when I returned there to work for a few years but we are now happily retired here with our Teenage Daughter.

I Couldn't be happier!

Well, to say never really would put you in a rare group.

I mean honestly. Who can utterly fail to pull in Thailand and if all else fails, you can always pay.

I came to Thailand with a job in hand, so didn't come for for the women. That said, who wasn't happy to be surprised. Happily married for 14 years with 2 kids. All good so far

Edited by Thai at Heart

One is led to wonder whether this was soibiker who possibly came from Utah in a previous incarnation?

Couldn't find an unchained true love before so now comes to Thailand.

dv-302.gif

Edited by siampolee

I didn't come here for the women.

I came here to expand my knowledge on foreign mammals, as before I was only involved with Greek and British ones.

After studying them for some time, I found out that Thai mammals are more tamed and easier to milk so I decided to stay here.