Huay Tueng Tuey going down the Gooey Kablooie.

WinnieTheKhwai

I'm having less and less luck with the food at the Huay Tueng Thao lakeside rafts.. Not sure if it's actually going severely downhill, or that I'm just unlucky as operators are rotated around (they don't actually own that area or their shops), or that -gasp- my own standards are increasing, or -worse- that I'm finally hitting senior 'everything used to be better' mode. (Please don't let it be the last one.)

The whole area seems a bit more run down, and the restaurant operators are making very basic and avoidable mistakes (or carelessness) with the food. Things as simple as having properly steamed sticky rice and not yesterday's gooey mess. I'm also left a little concerned about food safety; if they really don't give a f*(# then why would they care about cleanliness and hygiene.. Meanwhile prices are ever increasing.

This may apply only/mostly to the 'left' side where the rafts are for lounging and fishing, not the 'right' side for swimming and partying, as I don't visit that side too often.

Anyone any recent experiences they'd like to share?

Last weekend after trying two different raft operators and them not having certain basic things we ended up just going to Kaen Chai, the long running Isarn restaurant that used to be opposite the old Siam TV, and has moved to the new Convention Center entrance road a year or so ago. That remains a very solid option for the kind of food I'd ideally like to be having lakeside..

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai