Best Breakfasts in Jomtien

JustJomtien

• 10 months later...

Those sausages are a bit too phallic for breakfast time.

I got the impression you'd like a phallus in the morning?

Looks like a good breakfast, guess you can't please everyone..

That is true.

I don't see the appeal there.

Especially those canned beans in processed sugar sauce. Yuck!

That much meat for breakfast?

That's like a week's supply of red meat for person concerned about their health.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I recently reviewed a new Breakfast location on Second Road called Laong's Bistro & Boutique. It was a lovely breakfast and very relaxing to enjoy.

It looks nice enough but at 245B I think it should look quite a lot better than it does.

I would put it in the 150B arena.

• Like 1

I am going to to give Laong's Bistro a try. Looks nice with large portions and air-conditioned too! I can also recommend the Sandbar (old Sea Falcon) at Dongtan for breakfast and lunch. American and English breakfasts are available and pancakes too. There is a self-serve tea, coffee and toast bar inside with free refills. The sandwiches are really good, triple deckers that includes small salad and fries.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I am going to to give Laong's Bistro a try. Looks nice with large portions and air-conditioned too! I can also recommend the Sandbar (old Sea Falcon) at Dongtan for breakfast and lunch. American and English breakfasts are available and pancakes too. There is a self-serve tea, coffee and toast bar inside with free refills. The sandwiches are really good, triple deckers that includes small salad and fries.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will try the Sandbar. Thank you.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will try the Sandbar. Thank you.

The best omelette I'e had anywhere was served in the Sandbar. Wasn't keen on anything else.

I recently tried out the Movenpick Siam Hotel Pattaya Breakfast for those of you who like (link) Na-Jomtien. It was a cracking breakfast with something for everyone.

At 800B++ (which is more than 940B) I think that must be Pattaya's most expensive breakfast. Whilst it looks nice enough, I dont think I will be hurrying to go there. I would rather go to a lunchtime or evening buffet.

• Like 2

I recently tried out the Movenpick Siam Hotel Pattaya Breakfast for those of you who like (link) Na-Jomtien. It was a cracking breakfast with something for everyone.

At 800B++ (which is more than 940B) I think that must be Pattaya's most expensive breakfast. Whilst it looks nice enough, I dont think I will be hurrying to go there. I would rather go to a lunchtime or evening buffet.

800 baht for a breakfast in Thailand ? Sounds like a scam .

Tims under S2 ,in JBC used do a good breakfast .Dont know if they are still there ?as its been a awhile .Sad to hear Papa David which used to be next to the Hanumain Statue is gone from Jomtien .For anyone coming up here to Chiang Mai the UN Irish bar do a good breakfast .

Edited by anto

800 baht for a breakfast in Thailand ? Sounds like a scam .

800B++ (= 940B) is definitely on the high side but the Royal Cliff is also about 750B so it isnt that much higher. You get more choice at the Royal Cliff though, but I still think it's overpriced for breakfast.

And of course most people eating these 5* hotel breakfasts will be getting them included in their room rate or discounted in some way, and wont be paying anywhere near the list price.

I wonder if the Movenpick will be doing buffet lunches and dinners now that they are open? I will have to go and have a look. Website isnt very specific: http://www.movenpick.com/en/asia/thailand/pattaya/moevenpick-siam-hotel-pattaya/restaurants/

I wonder if the Movenpick will be doing buffet lunches and dinners now that they are open? I will have to go and have a look.

I can answer my own question: no, apart from Saturday evening when they do a seafood buffet. I went to look at it last night. It costs just under 2000B by the time you have added the ++ on. Drinks not included.

Whilst it looked perfectly acceptable the seafood wasn't very different to that available in many other places for half the price or less (rock lobster, prawns, oysters, sashimi etc.), and the variety was not large. I did notice that they do oysters Rockefeller, which is fairly unusual. Even so, the Royal Cliff is better value with more expensive ingredients, as indeed are the other usual suspects like the Sheraton, Centara, Imperial etc., or indeed the Mantra for Sunday lunch which is more or less the same price.

But the really interesting part seemed to be the desserts. I dont know who their pastry chef is but it looks like he really knows his job. I wish I'd had my camera to take some pictures of them as they were some of the best looking that I have seen here.

• 2 months later...

It's a while since I've been down to Pattaya and Jomtien but I always used to enjoy the breakfasts at Yorkies, the English pork butcher in Beach Road. What's the latest on it? :-)

Yorkies (S of Chaiyapruk) is no more as of 2 years ago. Kaput, gone, out of business.

Very strange, i bought sausages from Yorkies on Chaiyapruek on Saturday, so i would say they are very much still in business.

Retail store only is open. They no longer have a sit down restaurant for breakfast

Another to consider is Salotto Italian on beach road. 4-5 choices of breakfast for 120 baht: English, American (although without hashbrowns,hmmm), Vegetarian.... Good strong real coffee, juice, fair enough bread, eggs done right. Bacon can be hit or miss regarding fat content. Don't want to over or under praise it, but it suits me just fine. here is FB page https://www.facebook.com/Salotto-Italy-633147130133744/

What time does the Sandbar at Dongtan open in the mornings?

Has anyone tried the breakfasts at Pastrami & Rye yet?

Pastrami has a decent small breakfast of their own smoked bacon, 2 eggs, toast and coffees for about 120b. Usually the American cook does breakfast so he understands what eggs over easy are.

• Like 1

Pastrami has a decent small breakfast of their own smoked bacon, 2 eggs, toast and coffees for about 120b. Usually the American cook does breakfast so he understands what eggs over easy are.

Maybe it is just my bad luck but it seems most of the eggs here come out wet and runny. Uncooked whites seems very common.

Also, difficult to find well cooked bacon from my experience. But the quality of the bacon seems pretty decent not as much fat as the USA crap.

Anyway, I know this is about Jomtien, but the best buffet I think any where is The Lek Hotel, Pats central. You can buy 10 coupons for 1200 b. The breakfast goes until 1230. It is pretty extensive. Nice breakfast, chicken and pork options, Veges, salad, coffee, juices, fruits, etc. If you go around 1130, you literally do not have to eat the rest of the day.

• Like 1

I believe Sandbar opens at 8. They serve an English and an American that are both excellent. Toast, coffee with refills, tea, etc. served inside. Pastrami on Rye serves items not available at other restaurants so worth a visit. I like to be served and avoid the cheap breakfasts buffets mentioned.