Best Breakfasts in Jomtien

JustJomtien

What time does the Sandbar at Dongtan open in the mornings?

Has anyone tried the breakfasts at Pastrami & Rye yet?

I believe Sandbar opens at 8. They serve an English and an American that are both excellent. Toast, coffee with refills, tea, etc. served inside. Pastrami on Rye serves items not available at other restaurants so worth a visit. I like to be served and avoid the cheap breakfasts buffets mentioned.

Wasn't so keen on the Breakfast there, but the omelette is as good as I've had anywhere, really well cooked.

Along with the free refills of the decent coffee.

Edited by lou62

The OP has asked for the best breakfast in Jomtien. I have tried the places mentioned above. They all get it wrong.

There is only one choice.

Back Fabrik, German Bakery on 2nd Rd. (between Rhompo Market and Soi WatBoon.

Especially if you like fried potatoes.

They must have drastically changed the menu since i was last there.

On the recommendation of Thai Visa readers I visited the Rich Man Poor Man Guesthouse on Jomtien Soi 5 for their breakfast and it was a very enjoyable so thanks for the tip.

Any other suggestions for a great breakfast in Jomtien are most welcome.

I've written up a review over here.

attachicon.gifrich man poor man breakfast.jpg

That is the commonest breakfast there is. If around 100 bt, good deal.

The OP has asked for the best breakfast in Jomtien. I have tried the places mentioned above. They all get it wrong.

There is only one choice.

Back Fabrik, German Bakery on 2nd Rd. (between Rhompo Market and Soi WatBoon.

Especially if you like fried potatoes.

They must have drastically changed the menu since i was last there.

That was only 20 months ago, coffee1.gif

Back Fabrik is a 7 minute walk from beach rd soi 12 (soi watboon).

Which direction when you get to 2nd?

Straight ahead and try the seafood.

??? Isn't Back Fabrik the German restaurant on Jomtien Second Road? If so, and if you are traveling up Soi Watboon from Beach road, turn left at the roundabout, and Back Fabrick is in a townhouse building on the left-hand side.

Edited by wpcoe

We tried Back-Fabrik yesterday and was impressed, the bread is delicious and 4-5 different types for my breakfast.

Okay not cheap but as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for still applies and the waiters were polite and kind on the eyes which is a bonus too.

We live in the north Pattaya area but likes a morning ride on the scooter after putting our son to school so not a problem for us.

Noticed quite a few customers came with tablets and was on-line via the free supplied wi-fi, so a nice start of the day, reading the news on-line over breakfast.

We will be back for sure.

• Like 1

Its not a bakery, they dont bake, correct me if im wrong. (never have been wrong)

I think you're wrong. You can now buy their breads at Friendship market. I think they're the best in town.

It would be good to clarify what they actually bake fresh on premisis.

I have a feeling almost all is brought in.

Its not a bakery, they dont bake, correct me if im wrong. (never have been wrong)

I think you're wrong. You can now buy their breads at Friendship market. I think they're the best in town.

What are you on about? What difference does it make where the baking is done? The bread is their BRAND and they say baked daily. You're stressing over whether the bread took a ride or not? Anyway, I am so happy Friendship sells their bread. Finally, decent bread in Pattaya!

post-37101-0-35762800-1467796091_thumb.j

http://www.back-fabrik.com/bread.html

Back-Fabrik A German Bakery which has been in operation on Jomtien Sai song. (Jomtien Secound Road
Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

They bake all the breads themselves. I know the German owner , he speaks good English. Every morning at around 4 am he or his staff start preparing the bread baking. If you find better and fresher european bread anywhere else , please let me know. They are not cheap but you have to pay for quality.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

Is it really better than the bread baked on the premises at BigC? I think that's pretty good, assuming you like French style baking.

Presumably the Back Fabrik baking is more German style?

Is it really better than the bread baked on the premises at BigC? I think that's pretty good, assuming you like French style baking.

That's correct , German breads is very similar to the Scandinavian breads that I am used to. Personally I do not like the French style bread that are sold at Big C. The next best bread for me comes from the other German bakery Bei Otto in Bangkok, also sold at Friendship. But if you want it fresh Back Fabrik it is. Edited by balo

Well I prefer my Danish very rough rye bread but I have to ride or drive out to Ban Saray to get it, which I do once a week.

The Kitchen its called, they make different Danish specialties and ship them all over Thailand and having a hell of a good business doing it.

http://www.the-kitchen-bang-saray.com/

German bread is okay and can be had many places in the greater Pattaya area.

That's correct , German breads is very similar to the Scandinavian breads that I am used to. Personally I do not like the French style bread that are sold at Big C. The next best bread for me comes from the other German bakery Bei Otto in Bangkok, also sold at Friendship. But if you want it fresh Back Fabrik it is.

I will certainly try Back Fabrik's bread some time but I do prefer the French style myself. I make my own sour dough bread in French style and since I bought a large Pyrex bowl to bake it in it comes out perfectly, with a crust every bit as good as BigC's.

• Like 1

So just thought I would update this thread, I wen to the Denmark Hotel this morning with the family, and was hoping for a nice breakfast this is what we got:

1. Tasteless eggs.

2. Bacon the american type that is burnt to a crisp and streaky, tasteless.

3. Selection of Thai foods terrible, looked overcooked and not edible.

4. Juices as previously described just like cordial.

5. Bread just about passable, but not what I would of liked.

6. Sausages in the hot water only 3 in there and looked like sausages from 7/11 that were 1 week old.

7. There was a deli section but I only took the butter from there which was also not what I would of expected.

Its 190 baht and simply not worth it, I will not be going back.

I went the other day and it was fine. I shall definitely be going back.

They do serve those horrible frankfurter sausages (many places do as Thais like them) but they have so many other things that I would never see any need to eat one. The meatballs in the next tray are excellent and home-made. And the blue cheese is a nice bonus. I think their Thai food is good also.

If you prefer lightly cooked bacon they will do it exactly as you want it, if you ask.

Juice in Thailand is usually a disaster, unless you are paying 5-star hotel prices.

• Like 1

I think the truth about that Danish place is somewhere between a pan and a rave. I did go once and may go back sometime, but I haven't yet.

Fairly depressing scene there. And thats one of the better places. Sad.

I thought Lindas would do it right but nooo,

I think the truth about that Danish place is somewhere between a pan and a rave. I did go once and may go back sometime, but I haven't yet.

What I like about it is the very wide choice of types of food (which includes many items that you simply dont find elsewhere here in a breakfast buffet), and the fact that the staff are very happy to do things as you want them.

At 190B it's barely more expensive than many plated English breakfasts that you might find here, yet the choice is much greater. They seem to have at least 10 sorts of jam/marmalade, for a start.

Yes, the bread could be more interesting and the salad bar looks a bit sad sometimes. But if I wanted a good salad I would go to Sizzler, so it's horses for courses.

Regarding Denmark Hotel; I noticed when the Danish owner is in DK, which he normally is during the 2-3 months summer in DK, the quality drops.

I will assume he is in DK now so I will not go there until Sep when he is back again.

The buffet is very good I think for below 200 baht, especially if you are very hungry and you eat a lot and can skip lunch or have a light salad lunch.

Yes a plated American/English breakfast will set you back min 90 baht but more often 120-150 baht so the price for that buffet is fair enough in my opinion.

• Like 1

Regarding Denmark Hotel; I noticed when the Danish owner is in DK, which he normally is during the 2-3 months summer in DK, the quality drops.

It's fair to say that the number of customers drops a lot in low season too: it's often chock-a-block in high season but at this time of year all the Scandinavians seem to go back home. There were only a tiny handful of people there when I went the other day, but the buffet selection was still reasonable even if reduced. I dont see how they can possibly make a real profit on it at this time of year.

The other place in that soi that did a buffet breakfast stops it completely in low season, as do a few other places around town, so I'm pleased that Danmark stays open.

To me breakfast is breakfast. It is not like different cuts of meat or steaks or fish quality. Breakfast eggs, ham, toast, etc., in Thailand is pretty much the same quality.

So, I am just asking. Why go to any "plated" breakfast place when you can get so much better more variety with less cost with the buffets? I have a friend who has a restaurant in town and he said breakfast "plated" is a huge money maker. He can buy an egg for 2 b. A plate with eggs, ham, toast, beans, tomatoes, coffee costs him about 30 to 35 b at the most. The coffee may be the biggest cost.

Or even a coffee and muffin at Starbuck's or other shops can run you 130-150 b. I guess if one does not want much for breakfast.

There are several places in the area for 99 to 120 b that have everything all you can eat. Coffee, juices, milk, cereals, eggs, ham, thai dishes, soups, breads, fruits, etc, etc. A crappy coffee at Starbuck's is about that much. To ask the "best" place is really subjective.

Edited by bkk6060

Not everyone is a fan of buffets and prefer being served which is my choice. Just don't like picked over food, often stone cold, or waiting for staff to replenish a particular item.

Each to his own, of course. I personally hate being served and like to make my own selection. The staff at Danmark are particularly good at keeping everything hot and topped up, though you are correct that some places (even some quite expensive ones) are terrible at it.

• Like 1