Royal Thai Police to get new facelift

Lite Beer

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good start may be to pay them a livable wage and make them sign a contract. If you accept this these are the rules, if you break the rules these will be the consequences. If you aid in reform you will get promoted and put up to the next pay level....

Give them no reason to do it, wave a big stick, followed by a carrot.

Police Chief Somyot seems to have a comfortable lifestyle, though for some reason you ignored that.........................................coffee1.gif

Police Chief Somyot was already rich; money given by his father; just like Prayuth father gave money to Prayuth from the land sales.

BTW Somyot is not the suspect here.

Somyot is Head of RTP so he is part of the subject here!

Re : JD post #139 and Si Thea01 post #143. Has RTP Somyot specifically excluded KT from the 'facelift'? Please supply quotes/links if appropriate. This 'facelift' applies to RTP KT as much as it does RTP Thailand. Have the RTP come out yet and denied the illegal immigration fee of 500bht per head plus motor cycle add-ons? Please supply quotes and links as appropriate. BTW JD when you made your aside 'this is not about KT' there was only 1 previous post on this thread (100+ posts) making reference to KT. Not a lot, so why make the aside? Were you attention seeking or just warning posters off your pet apologist subject?

• Like 1

My guess is around 99% of Farang in this forum have at some point frequented the naughty bars of Thailand with the other 1% being liars.

If the RTP were to stop taking their bribes to turn and blind eye and actually closed these places you'd be leaving an a flash to the nearest sex tourist capital.

There were 2 posts about Koh Tao in the first 20 replies. This thread is not about Koh Tao.

Aren't you going to deny there's a 500bht per head RTP illegal immigrant fee on Koh Tao, and probably each of the local islands. You really are in serious denial!!!!!!!!

There were 2 posts about Koh Tao in the first 20 replies. This thread is not about Koh Tao.

Aren't you going to deny there's a 500bht per head RTP illegal immigrant fee on Koh Tao, and probably each of the local islands. You really are in serious denial!!!!!!!!
Nope.

Not in my area of expertise. As of right now it is a rumor and nothing more.

Now, hopefully you are satisfied and can let this thread run without the Koh Tao conspiracy theories taking it over.

Edited by jdinasia

going home in taxi last night on sukhumvit road the cops are out, shine torch in window "ah falang i smell money" we pull over, 3 cops surround me, i got the third degree, how old (im old ok) where you go , where you live, the youngest made a grab for my pockets, i step back and say "open you hands, do not put your hands in my pockets, i will empty them," any 67 year olds taking "yabba" on here, ?? he he. obviously nothing was found or "planted", shook hands with the seagent and off we go home. just so annoying,

going home in taxi last night on sukhumvit road the cops are out, shine torch in window "ah falang i smell money" we pull over, 3 cops surround me, i got the third degree, how old (im old ok) where you go , where you live, the youngest made a grab for my pockets, i step back and say "open you hands, do not put your hands in my pockets, i will empty them," any 67 year olds taking "yabba" on here, ?? he he. obviously nothing was found or "planted", shook hands with the seagent and off we go home. just so annoying,

I got stopped in Isaan last year because my wife wasn't wearing a seat belt, i was taken to the roadside desk where the officer started to write out a ticket. I showed him my drivers license, ''come on give me a break,you can see it's my birthday today''. He looked up, smiled and continued to write the ticket, when he was finished he handed me the ticked and suddenly stood up and saluted, shook my hand and said ''Happy birthday'' A Thai policeman with a sense of humour.

My guess is around 99% of Farang in this forum have at some point frequented the naughty bars of Thailand with the other 1% being liars.

If the RTP were to stop taking their bribes to turn and blind eye and actually closed these places you'd be leaving an a flash to the nearest sex tourist capital.

Wow! what a generalisation. Says more about ffaarraanngg than it does about the rest of us "liars".

So, removing everything but the facts from your post.

You were out and taking a taxi home.

Police stopped the taxi. Spoke to you. Didn't detain you or ask for money.

Nope.

Not in my area of expertise. As of right now it is a rumor and nothing more.

Now, hopefully you are satisfied and can let this thread run without the Koh Tao conspiracy theories taking it over.

JD, please be careful who you accuse of spreading conspiracy theories. See TVF on 25.9 14 and read 'PM vows crackdown on Koh Tao vices'. quote "Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-ocha yesterday vowed to tackle influential rackets and illigitimate businesses on the tourist island, and pledged to punish soldiers or police patronisingthese people or their activities" I wonder what the PM's sources were to prompt him to make such a statement? Are you now prepared to say that the PM was creating a conspiracy theory? As I said before the RTP crackdown is as much to do with KT as anywhere else in Thailand. KT was the spark that lit the corruption fire, and it can now be seen that what the PM said about the 'Vices' there, was only the tip of the Thailand corruption iceberg!

Strange,

I am fairly sure that even in May the junta spoke about fighting corruption.

I know the area of focus for the beginning of that fight. It should be apparent to everyone now. The Deep South and the criminal elements there are foremost, followed closely by political corruption.

Strange,

I know the area of focus for the beginning of that fight. It should be apparent to everyone now. The Deep South and the criminal elements there are foremost, followed closely by political corruption.

You invariably ask for 'quotes' in your responses to other posts you deem to be conspiracy theories. When I give you a 'quote' you seem unable to provide a simple answer to a direct question. Please answer my question...Was the PM creating a conspiracy theory when he made the statement about a crackdown on KT vices?? If your answer is Yes, please say why, and if your answer is No, then please explain.

Wow! what a generalisation. Says more about ffaarraanngg than it does about the rest of us "liars".

That is no way to speak to an evangelist.

Isn't he too busy with the stock market and ' cleaning up ' in another fashion ?

What you wanted to say was, that he was to busy buying shares from the Shin Family, to do the job he paid for. It is rumored that a police paid for there rank.

I would need the link and source to respond adequately.

http www.nationmul...s-30224060.htm
I wait with bated breath for your 'adequate' response to my last post. Perhaps you need a little help... on 27.9.14 TVF (Nation) Heading 'Koh Tao Murder Probe 85% complete : Panya' reads "Separately, Koh Pn district chief Thaweesak Wattanavrangkul said he would work on suppressing vice in the area as ordered by PM Prayut Chan-ocha. Thaweesak's authority covers KT.(http://www.nationmul...a-30244247..html)

Your audience awaits you JD.

Why is it only you objecting to a few posters refering to KT in this thread? Surely it's the responsibility of the "moderators' and not yourself to determine whether a post is 'off-topic'. You are the creator of your own persona, the same way KT has now created an adverse image for itself in many peoples minds. Edited by joebrown

Strange,

That is the sort of response I would expect from the quality of politician you refer to. Perhaps you could explain what a crackdown on vice in KT has in common with the Deep South? It's noticable throughout the world that when politicians do not wish to give a direct response to a simple question they change the subject, just as you have tried to do. Sorry, that sort of BS does not work on me. Try answering the question I asked, or I will be left with the impression that most of what you say belongs in a porcelain bowl.
  • Like 1

Haven't read all the posting - far too much diverse info to take in and comment on, however my take is, all positions should be made vacant and them all positions then filled with applicants applying for the positions, substantial salary increases, documented guidelines and penalties for over-stepping the line, no such thing as inactive posts - misbehave and its out the door, no pensions, etc.

There will always be corruption - but a it can be controlled with a firm hand etc.

Feel free to arrive at whatever conclusions you want to smile.png

It was a busy day today, with a foreign government minister in the area.

I'm disappointed in you JD. Afraid you haven't got the answers, but too self-righteous to admit it? As you've been pre-occupiied with a VIP today, please feel free to divulge more of your 'pearls of wisdom' tomorrow. I can wait. I am a patient man with an open mind.