Any Thanksgiving takeout / where to eat on Thanksgiving?

happysanook

I'm pretty sure that The Garden and Bake and Bite do take away. I'm not sure about the others.

Inexpensive, but good quality Thanksgiving meals:

Bake and Bite

The Garden (Thapae Road soi 5 across from Inter Inn Guest House. The phone number is: 081 88 22 840)

The Pun Pun (Gonzo's meat eater's branch on river)

The Duke's (on the river or Pramenada)

Edited by Ulysses G.

If you hurry, maybe you could still order a turkey from a Rim Ping store and ask them to cook and deliver it for you. That's what we do. Actually we order a whole flock of birds, since we put on a large feast in our condo and every couple gets a small "take home" bird for their own left-overs. But we don't actually celebrate Thanksgiving on the day, but a couple days later so we can watch the parades and football games as if we were in "real time".

Come to think about it, isn't this Thailand?

If Americans wish to celebrate their thanksgiving, is it the "spirit" of a national holiday that counts or the food? Why should the US thanksgiving be observed by people who chose not to live where it is apparently not at all important? People who have serious thanksgiving withdrawal symtoms should return home and not obsess where Butterball turkeys are in Rimping or Tops.

PS: Is it Pun Pun to whom I should apolgize for seemingly critisising his extended search to find big turkeys ? He is just trying to make a living from Americans who don't fully recognize where they are, or, simply, can't cook! Or both!

Ok, you Americans! Have a happy well-fed holiday tomorrow!

Edited by Mapguy

If Americans wish to celebrate their thanksgiving, is it the "spirit" of a national holiday that counts or the food?

It is all about the food for this old fart. tongue.png I would not celebrate any Western holidays otherwise and probably not any Thai ones if I had a choice. I loved Songkran for many years, but these days it is just an inconvenient pain in the arse.

• Like 2

Come to think about it, isn't this Thailand?

If Americans wish to celebrate their thanksgiving, is it the "spirit" of a national holiday that counts or the food? Why should the US thanksgiving be observed by people who chose not to live where it is apparently not at all important? People who have serious thanksgiving withdrawal symtoms should return home and not obsess where Butterball turkeys are in Rimping or Tops.

PS: Is it Pun Pun to whom I should apolgize for seemingly critisising his extended search to find big turkeys ? He is just trying to make a living from Americans who don't fully recognize where they are, or, simply, can't cook! Or both!

Ok, you Americans! Have a happy well-fed holiday tomorrow!

If there's one universal truth... Haters never stop hating.

Edited by happysanook

If you hurry, maybe you could still order a turkey from a Rim Ping store and ask them to cook and deliver it for you. That's what we do. Actually we order a whole flock of birds, since we put on a large feast in our condo and every couple gets a small "take home" bird for their own left-overs. But we don't actually celebrate Thanksgiving on the day, but a couple days later so we can watch the parades and football games as if we were in "real time".

Thanks for the suggestion Nancy. Not really interested in just turkey, really looking for a whole meal. Cranberry sauce, turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, dessert, the whole shebang etc...In an easy to-go package.

Edited by happysanook