Extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai

I understand that in order to get an extension of stay based on a marriage to a Thai I need a monthly income of Baht 40,000 OR Baht 400,000 in the bank.

1) Does the Baht 400,000 have to remain on the bank account all year long or can I withdraw it after receiving an extension and then deposit it again a few months before I apply for the next extension?

2) If there are children in the marriage, does this increase the minimum amount in the bank requirement?

Thanking you in advance.

You can take the money out after your have the extension stamp not the date you apply. You need to keep it there during the under consideration period. There have been reports of immigration contacting the bank to check that it is still there before they do the approval

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

1. Money in the bank for 2 months.

Once you have your extension you can spend the money and top up next year.

1. No.

You can take the money out after your have the extension stamp not the date you apply. You need to keep it there during the under consideration period. There have been reports of immigration contacting the bank to check that it is still there before they do the approval

Thank you. Much appreciate the feed back.

A few years back immigration told me I could dip into the 400k after submission of my application. They just wanted to ensure the day after the money wasn't transferred out completely due to.just being used to get an extension. However I took that with a grain of salt.