Electric bill question

maanoi

So yesterday is the normal day that my electric bill arrives. So I walk down to the letter box and notice that the little bill holder compartment thingy that is next to the letter box is open....hmmm that's strange I think to myself. I check the letter box - no bill. I look around the area on the ground - no bill. I check my neighbours house - have bill.....crap

Questions:

1. Can I just wait for the next months bill to arrive and pay 2 months at once? - or will they cut the electricity before then. (I've done this with the water bill before)

2. Are the bills tied to your individual house account, or are they specific to each month. ie. can I take last months bill to 711, they scan it and tell me how much I owe for this month.

Thanks!

1. Can I just wait for the next months bill to arrive and pay 2 months at once?

Of course you can, just take into account that the last 23 days of next cycle you will have no electricity.

On a more serious note, the only way to solve this is to take a previous bill to the electricity office and go pay your current bill, before the usual expiry date.

• Like 1

You might want to consider direct payment of utilities from your bank account to avoid such issues in the future if you are a homeowner. We have used for past 20 years without issues. This is a bill you do not want to go unpaid.

This method is not only applicable to homeowners. I rent a house, and for the past 4 years I've had automatic bill payment through Bangkok Bank for both my monthly electric bill and my 3BB internet bill. I've never had a problem nor concern with these two bills; always prompt and accurate accounting.

• Like 1

You might want to consider direct payment of utilities from your bank account to avoid such issues in the future if you are a homeowner. We have used for past 20 years without issues. This is a bill you do not want to go unpaid.

Direct payment from your bank is the way to go with the electric bill .The others not so important. Rather annoying that if you go away on holidays,despite living in the same place for years, that they will cut off your supply but they do.Its not like they have any opposition.

As the others said, you need to turn up in person. It's been so many years since I missed the date but as I recall they come out on the 9th day the payment is delinquent and give you until 16:00 the next day to pay or the shut off order goes through and they come on the 11th day to shut you off.

PEA needs to get up to date and have a service to view your bill on line and pay on line.

They don't want you to do this all the people who pay by cash have to overpay their bills by a few satang. who gets to keep all that money that is collected by PEA? What should be done is any over payment should be credited to your account for the next bill. They could easily do this but they don't, all that money goes somewhere. You figure in Chiang Mai a million households with bills X 10 satang = 100,000 Baht a month going into a fund for something for the employees of PEA.

• 1 month later...

Direct payment from your bank is the way to go with the electric bill .The others not so important. Rather annoying that if you go away on holidays,despite living in the same place for years, that they will cut off your supply but they do.Its not like they have any opposition.

Re: direct payment from bank account. Do you set this up at the Bank, the PEA office, or thru ones' online banking site?

Re: direct payment from bank account. Do you set this up at the Bank, the PEA office, or thru ones' online banking site?

It seems you can do it online here but instructions are all in Thai:

https://epay.pea.co.th/epay/

A trip to the PEA office with your bank account details and they will do the rest ,that is what they did for me i went at the beginning of the month and the next months payment came out of my bank account direct to them.It was a lot easier process than i was expecting.

In my case, as I recall, I picked up a form letter from the PEA office, and was told to take that to my bank . The clerk at the bank recorded a few lines of information, and signed it. And most likely photocopied it for permanent record at the bank. I then, on the same day, returned the form to the PEA office, and from then on the payments were automatically paid through my bank account. I still get a monthly bill, of course, and I can easily check online to see that the correct amount was paid. This can also be seen when I update my passbook.

By the way, the monthly PEA direct payment always incurs a 5-baht service charge. Strangely, though, my 3BB internet direct payment does not. Shhh.