Hunt for woman gang leader after Italian tourist stabbed in Phuket

webfact

Patong and Bangla were normally always the places associated with fighting and this sort of stuff but Karon now has really got a bad reputation especially at night.Still hasn't regained it's reputation as the quiet part of the island for couples and older people since the Australian woman was tragically stabbed to death two years back while going back to her hotel after dinner..and this near the 5* Hilton!Worrying state of affairs and something needs to be done now by the General and his crew in Bangkok..not just clearing out Taxi and tuk tuk mafia!

Karon ,Has always been my favourite place in thailand.But always went there in may and june.Swim the waves,and the beach was empty.Have not been there for 5 years,I seen the change happening 8 years ago,Its sad,I told you so.Be warned.I try to warn people on here.Thailand is a time bomb.

Was in Phuket for the footy 7s last weekend a Farang took a battering in Bangla road on Saturday night. It looked like he'd given one of the ticket sellers a slap , I just saw about 10 Thais , men and women steam into him. I was with my 13 year old son , so I dragged him out of the way. When I turned around the Farang was up and was holding his own and it got broken up pretty quickly. What shocked me was the glee and ferocity the Thais steamed in with, looked like they were revved up waiting to steam into someone

Maybe the Thais are finally getting sick and tired of the foreigners bad behavior. Sounds like this guy was,nt too bright. Lucky he was not killed.

Thai sycophant. A crime has been committed and you automatically take the side of the perp based on race and the victims perceived writing ability?

• Like 1

They obviously have not watched the latest TAT video I hate Thailand about falling in love with the foreigners not stabbing or robbing them we have to love them and be so so kind to them or we will never shake off the most dangerous destination this sort of news just won’t help get us the next 25million tourists here before Christmas.

Maybe the TAT's next venture will be "I Was Assaulted in Thailand". I'd love to see them spin that! whistling.gif

• Like 1

40 years ago robbing and or killing foreigners in Thailand was unheard of. Also there were no balcony jumpers. Thai people were just happy to meet a foreigner.

What has happened in the past 40 years? Are we to blame for exporting our cultures to Thailand? Example Pattaya is not Thailand, it is a foreign country.

In my moo baan there are some Thai people who love me. More than I can say about most women I have met. Now it is all about Money. Years ago a Thai lady would be happy to spend a week or two with a foreigner without asking for money.

• Like 1

Not a day that goes by that I don't thank my lucky stars I had the common sense to get out of Thailand - it's so refreshing and all the Thai nationalistic BS is way in the past.

So true. The streets of Bangkok and Phuket are now more unsafe than Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan. So lucky you escaped at the right time. Stay safe wherever you are.

• Like 2

40 years ago robbing and or killing foreigners in Thailand was unheard of. Also there were no balcony jumpers. Thai people were just happy to meet a foreigner.

What has happened in the past 40 years? Are we to blame for exporting our cultures to Thailand? Example Pattaya is not Thailand, it is a foreign country.

In my moo baan there are some Thai people who love me. More than I can say about most women I have met. Now it is all about Money. Years ago a Thai lady would be happy to spend a week or two with a foreigner without asking for money.

To put it very simply, the average Thai is no longer in awe of a white skinned westerner, it is no longer a novelty. Development, better education, a more connected world has brought about this change.

Was in Phuket for the footy 7s last weekend a Farang took a battering in Bangla road on Saturday night. It looked like he'd given one of the ticket sellers a slap , I just saw about 10 Thais , men and women steam into him. I was with my 13 year old son , so I dragged him out of the way. When I turned around the Farang was up and was holding his own and it got broken up pretty quickly. What shocked me was the glee and ferocity the Thais steamed in with, looked like they were revved up waiting to steam into someone

In One-on-one situations, the aggressor is often a coward when the victim is fit and resists. Get a mob together and the violent group courage kicks in, often using anything in arms reach as a weapon. It's not a Thai phenomenon from my experience.

They are revved up and waiting for the 1st opportunity. You will never, ever, see a Thai go one on one, always mob handed and usually tooled up. They really are gutless prikz

• Like 1

But according to the police chief they are just mischievous youth.

Mischievous youth should be no older than 10 or 11 years of age... wai.gif

When we were youngsters we also got up to no good by forcing potatoes into the exhaust systems on cars belonging to the pain in the ass old people on the block who gave us grief.... but never did we run around stabbing people with knifes whistling.gifclap2.gif

What's so mischievous about that ??

Or does he actually mean a "Grown Up" Thai could never commit a crime like this....cheesy.gif Yeah.... say no more.

You should never walk outside after midnight with a purse , bag or any valuables. You'll be an easy victim anywhere in the tourist areas .

You need a little common sense and caution whenever you in a new place.

So walking along the beach road,with your partner,Very romantic,as the sun goes down,Then someone comes on motorbikes to rob you.So what common sense are you talking about.Are you saying ,carry a gun.or dont go out of your hotel.And i dont know what thailand you stay.You think all crime is after 12 midnight.

just shoot them. you have to figure out how to rent a gun there.

Not a day that goes by that I don't thank my lucky stars I had the common sense to get out of Thailand - it's so refreshing and all the Thai nationalistic BS is way in the past.

Yeah, I almost made the decision to stay there, but came to my senses.

Thai wife is with me now in the states, so I don't miss Thailand much anymore - have it a home a little.

Will have to visit Phuket one time for the experience. Pattaya wasn't all that great.

a lot of drama queens on here, stop going to places full of scum tourists like karron , patong and pattaya, in my experience these places full of the dregs of society, not just thais... 3½ years in Thailand and i´ve never had anyone try to stab me, rob me or the likes... thailand is a great place if you bother to open your eyes and look...

• Like 2

a lot of drama queens on here, stop going to places full of scum tourists like karron , patong and pattaya, in my experience these places full of the dregs of society, not just thais... 3½ years in Thailand and i´ve never had anyone try to stab me, rob me or the likes... thailand is a great place if you bother to open your eyes and look...

So very true. Thailand is so much more than beach resorts and lady bars. But you have to be adventurous a little and indeed, look good around you.

Places like Tak, Petchabun and Nan for example, all less mentioned in Lonely Planet but offer absolutely stunning temples, beautiful nature, fresh and clean air and my god so cheap to eat and stay too ....

Some posts and replies have been removed:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.*
Discussion of the Lese Majeste law or Lese Majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

They are revved up and waiting for the 1st opportunity. You will never, ever, see a Thai go one on one, always mob handed and usually tooled up. They really are gutless prikz

Leaving aside I doubt you've witnessed every altercation in the last 1000 years that has ever occurred in a huge nation, I saw a thai go one on one with an indian guy who hit his motor in Soi 20 so you're just wrong ! Sorry.

For the record he demolished the indian guy then with his hands and feet pretty much wrote off his car too !

What makes you think I haven't seen every altercation in the last 1000 years then? I've seen quite a few altercation in the 15 years I've been in Thailand and have never, ever seen a Thai go toe to toe on his own with a westerner. Indians don't really count as their fighting prowess is little known. But other than what I've seen personally, every time a post is up here on TV it never, ever mentions how a Thai person attacked a farang, it always, but always, says how a gang (usually armed) attacked a foreigner. Just saying.

Leaving aside I doubt you've witnessed every altercation in the last 1000 years that has ever occurred in a huge nation, I saw a thai go one on one with an indian guy who hit his motor in Soi 20 so you're just wrong ! Sorry.

For the record he demolished the indian guy then with his hands and feet pretty much wrote off his car too !

And all the Indian guy wanted to do was give the guy his insurance details. I'm sure this made for a nice holiday for him.