Thai Military units to be opened for sale of cheap goods and 'freebies'

webfact

Would the white elephant Air craft carrier and that useless airship balloon will be available for sale cheap or a freebee?

I tell you, sometimes I read these pages and I'm thinking I'm in la-la land... and that new PM is no

no different.. but hey, there might be a method to their madness yet....

Dont forget about the golf ball finders that cost Billions.

"What dictatorship? Dictatorship is about seizing power and business interests and leaders amassing assets for self-interest." wai2.gifwai.gif

Well, he's gotten his definition right.

"Have I done that?"

Dunno. You ordered us not to look into that;

“I beg you not to dig up anything. There is no benefit in so doing.”

“I must say that you cannot do that for the time being.”

http://thediplomat.com/2014/10/thai-junta-beset-by-corruption-scandals/

"I have not gained a dime but I must face these questions and feel frustrated,'' he said.

Remains to be seen. Also, don't be sad.

"...Prayut said do not pay attention to coups." blink.png

The Statement of the Year.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by iReason

Having read various posts over the last few weeks quoting the General, I have refrained from posting as I find it difficult to have any idea how his mind works. (I recognise there may be a problem with direct translations, but nevertheless).

However, I have finally come to the conclusion he is cracking up, under the pressure of trying to convert from head of the army - where no-one ever questioned him - to a 'politician' albeit a fraudulent one.

It's bizarre, worrying and sad, especially for the Thai's. As for me, I'm off next spring after 7 years, as I can see things going from bad to worse. When I was asked 'why' by some golfing friends I told them that the junta and discovery of huge corruption were the last straw - they couldn't understand, as martial law etc has no effect on them. There must be others on this forum who have a principled view about all this - or maybe I'm the one who is nuts. Viva Espana.

I would add I enjoy reading this forum, some of the humour in many posts is quite uplifting.

• Like 1

Famine relief programs used to just give food away. Had great result of eliminating farming as an economic activity and keeping famine permanent. This freebie half baked notion is nuts. Maybe he should propose that Thai women give it up for free, putting all those sex workers out of a job. There goes Isaan development.

The head scratching of that reporter thing had me a bit worried about mental health issues,

but this new idea of forcing business owners to give away cheap crap has

me really worried. How about..........dividing up the two billion dollars seized

from the corrupt police guy, and divide that amongst all the Thai people. That money

was stolen from them in the first place, so there is a certain logic in returning it.

Now THAT will make people happy. But I suspect someone has already claimed

dibs on that money...

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

Would the white elephant Air craft carrier and that useless airship balloon will be available for sale cheap or a freebee?

I tell you, sometimes I read these pages and I'm thinking I'm in la-la land... and that new PM is no

no different.. but hey, there might be a method to their madness yet....

You are in La La land.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They also have some GT200s but you might have to haggle a bit on those as they are still under the impression that they actually work.

Actually I think Prayuth said it didn't matter whether they worked, there's no alternative - like living to see another day.

Thai Visa is great. I enjoy reading many things on it.

But when I see a lot of this dribble and stupid comments no wonder some Thai's look at farang and shake there heads. I am a farang and I shake my head for the same reasons they do.

Give this Prime Minister a chance. It is his country a not yours and none of your business.

Edited by Deerculler
  • Like 1

"What dictatorship? Dictatorship is about seizing power and business interests and leaders amassing assets for self-interest.

"Have I done that? I have not gained a dime but I must face these questions and feel frustrated,'' he said.

Well he brought it up, the D word. We as mere mortals are not to mention this in our posts? All I say is google the D word and see for yourself?

Well his brother can't add up and there was some concern with the integration of the army bank account into his own accounts?

Edited by Chris Lawrence