Visa from australia to thailand

Can someone help me please?

I want to go to thailand for four months flying from sydney airport to bangkok.

what visa do i need to apply for? a friend said they went for a month and didnt get a visa before going.

Im confused a bit by these visa runs im also reading about.

thanks

1. Apply for a double entry tourist visa in Australia It will give you two 60 day entries, but you have to make one border run. That;s 120 days. If you want additional time you can extend each entry for 30 days at immigration in Yhailnd. The visa costs are 1000 baht/entry and the extensions are 1900 baht each.

2. Apply for a single entry tourist visa. It will give you 60 days permission to stay on entry which can be extended for 30 days. Visa cost is 100 baht and extension is 1900 baht. It will give you 90days total. At te end of the extension, do a border run by land and get 15 days on entry and then extend that for 30 days at immigration for another 1900 baht.

3. Coming without a visa would give you 30 days on arrival and that could be extended for 30 more for 1900 baht. The problem is that you might need a ticket exiting Thailand during the first 30 days or the airline might not let you board your flight. That would give you 60 days and you would have to be creative to get the extra time that you want but it's not impossible, just a hassle.

IMHO number 1 is the best option and is actually the cheapest and hassle free.

• Like 1

1. Apply for a double entry tourist visa in Australia It will give you two 60 day entries, but you have to make one border run. That;s 120 days. If you want additional time you can extend each entry for 30 days at immigration in Yhailnd. The visa costs are 1000 baht/entry and the extensions are 1900 baht each.

2. Apply for a single entry tourist visa. It will give you 60 days permission to stay on entry which can be extended for 30 days. Visa cost is 100 baht and extension is 1900 baht. It will give you 90days total. At te end of the extension, do a border run by land and get 15 days on entry and then extend that for 30 days at immigration for another 1900 baht.

3. Coming without a visa would give you 30 days on arrival and that could be extended for 30 more for 1900 baht. The problem is that you might need a ticket exiting Thailand during the first 30 days or the airline might not let you board your flight. That would give you 60 days and you would have to be creative to get the extra time that you want but it's not impossible, just a hassle.

IMHO number 1 is the best option and is actually the cheapest and hassle free.

Thanks bud!.I'll look into that number 1 option a bit more.

Just on that extension u say. Is that done at the airport when you get there?

Make sure you dont get it too early as you need to activate the 2nd entry within the 3 month valid period which starts at date of issue

Im a bit confused sorry mate. I have to use my second entry visa within the first 3 months?

That will depend whether you get a visa with a 3 or 6 months validity from the date of issue. You must leave and re-enter the country to use the 2nd entry before the visa expires (enter before date on visa).

From Sydney it should be 6 months.

• Like 1

Make sure you dont get it too early as you need to activate the 2nd entry within the 3 month valid period which starts at date of issue

Im a bit confused sorry mate. I have to use my second entry visa within the first 3 months?

That will depend whether you get a visa with a 3 or 6 months validity from the date of issue. You must leave and re-enter the country to use the 2nd entry before the visa expires (enter before date on visa).

thanks ubonjoe!

Hi Joe.

Can you please tell me the difference between a O visa and a OA visa.

Thanks.

Hi Joe.

Can you please tell me the difference between a O visa and a OA visa.

Thanks.

A non-o visa can be single or multiple entry visa that allows a 90 day entry.

A OA long stay visa is a multiple entry visa that gives a one year entry for a one year. You can get almost 2 years of stay from it by doing an entry just before the visa expires and getting another one year entry. The you must get a re-entry permit to keep that last year valid if you want to travel.

You must be 50 or over to apply, show financial proof, have a medical and a criminal back ground check to get the OA visa. You can only apply for it in your home country or country of legal residence at a embassy or official consulate.