Does any Diabetics out there see a need for more Sugar-Free Products in Thailand?

TheWizardofRnR

Broadly speaking if your body is unable to produce enough insulin to allow safe sugar levels with a regular everyday diet then most people are rightly declared diabetic and it is a life long for nearly all. A clever diet may mask the condition but that does not mean a cure.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would it be fair to say Cheryl the medical world has failed to address the real power of diet in " controlling" & in many cases curing Type 2 , due to the lack of dietary training given to GP's ? lets face it how many hours due Gp's get to study this vital ingredient in health ? it is becoming more obvious many GP's in the past, have failed to try diet/exercise change as a first step to treating this self induced disease. Is that due to lack of training in this area or is it easier and more profitable to treat the disease ongoing with meds ? Interesting,if you go through a few of the Diabetes association websites globally, you will find recipes that are just not suitable for treating diabetes. Its like a revolving door .......

It is not really curable, this is general accepted knowledge, (save for a very small cohort who are suffering from clogged up fat in their internal organs more than true insulin resistance).

Judging by what I read, I imagine that for health professionals the problem is getting patients to understand the nature of the condition, neither going in to denial, nor treating it as an immediate killer disease.

Dietary advice is well covered in UK, with patients being referred to a dietician. I imagine though one main problem is getting patients to accept they are overweight and need to change. One of my relatives accepts it as written in stone that she can't lose weight.

By reading postings on TV, I think people have difficulty understanding that it is often more a case of adjustment, rather than going on a strict diet. Thus, we see the end of the spud, when in fact people may just need to put less on the plate. Perhaps those recipes you mentioned are ok after all. You don't have to suffer needlessly.

would it be fair to say Cheryl the medical world has failed to address the real power of diet in " controlling" & in many cases curing Type 2 , due to the lack of dietary training given to GP's ? lets face it how many hours due Gp's get to study this vital ingredient in health ? it is becoming more obvious many GP's in the past, have failed to try diet/exercise change as a first step to treating this self induced disease. Is that due to lack of training in this area or is it easier and more profitable to treat the disease ongoing with meds ? Interesting,if you go through a few of the Diabetes association websites globally, you will find recipes that are just not suitable for treating diabetes. Its like a revolving door .......

It is not really curable, this is general accepted knowledge, (save for a very small cohort who are suffering from clogged up fat in their internal organs more than true insulin resistance).

Judging by what I read, I imagine that for health professionals the problem is getting patients to understand the nature of the condition, neither going in to denial, nor treating it as an immediate killer disease.

Dietary advice is well covered in UK, with patients being referred to a dietician. I imagine though one main problem is getting patients to accept they are overweight and need to change. One of my relatives accepts it as written in stone that she can't lose weight.

By reading postings on TV, I think people have difficulty understanding that it is often more a case of adjustment, rather than going on a strict diet. Thus, we see the end of the spud, when in fact people may just need to put less on the plate. Perhaps those recipes you mentioned are ok after all. You don't have to suffer needlessly.

The doctor told my mother she must take tablets against her high blood pressure. She asked if loosing weight would be an alternative to medications. He told yes, but experience shows that the elderly women can't loose weigh.

She told him she can. So they agreed to try it for 3 month. Including measuring blood pressure 3 times per day.

She lost a lot weight and blood pressure was OK after 3 month.

Doctor told she need medication because experience shows that elderly women can't hold the weight after diet.

That was 5 years ago. Meanwhile she lost more. Blood pressure is OK.

I guess with diabetics it is the same. Doctors gave up, because the majority of their customer anyway don't follow their diet recommendations.

• Like 2

"We are talking about real scientific studies that prove a 96 percent reduction in the need for insulin or other diabetic type 2 medications, and the type 1 diabetes people reduced insulin an average of 81 percent in only weeks. "

Reducing the need for insulin isn't a 'cure'. If you still need to take it you're not 'cured There seems to be a huge misunderstanding of what the word 'cured' actually means medically. It doesn't mean the same as 'controlled'.

BTW I'm a type 2 diabetic and I don't take any medication at all so I'm hardly in thrall to 'Big Pharma'

Next you will probably say globally warming is real, all I'm saying don't believe government's or doctor's or pharma or dentist's, tptb are manipulating us. Do your own research there is a cure for most things even cancer, but gov don't want you to have it.

Next you will probably say globally warming is real, all I'm saying don't believe government's or doctor's or pharma or dentist's, tptb are manipulating us. Do your own research there is a cure for most things even cancer, but gov don't want you to have it.

You're the one that's claiming they're all out to get us. Besides as you can see from my avatar I am protected by my tinfoil hat.

Can you define specifically what you mean by a 'cure' for diabetes?

Edited by sustento

Aspartamine which is the faeces of a micro organism is the substitute for sugar and is very addictive and can cause cancer. Want to be healthy then dont eat sweets. Extemley difficuult to do because u proably wouldnt have diabetes in the first place if u could.

Aspartamine which is the faeces of a micro organism is the substitute for sugar and is very addictive and can cause cancer. Want to be healthy then dont eat sweets. Extemley difficuult to do because u proably wouldnt have diabetes in the first place if u could.

Do you mean aspartame the artificial sweetener or aspargine the amino acid?

Do your research trust your instinct. I'm 58 retired 45 never seen a doctor, dentist, hospital in 20 yrs don't take vaccines, or pharma and am 2kg over my weight at 16yr old. What works for me might not work for you.

Can you define specifically what you mean by a 'cure' for diabetes?

The biggest problem with sugar free products is that they generally contain aspartame which is worse than sugar as far as all around health goes. But you're all missing the point a little bit. Sugar is the worst product for diabetes, second worst? Rice. It would be far more beneficial for Thais to cut back or cut out rice to help stop the onslaught of diabetes.

The biggest problem with sugar free products is that they generally contain aspartame which is worse than sugar as far as all around health goes. But you're all missing the point a little bit. Sugar is the worst product for diabetes, second worst? Rice. It would be far more beneficial for Thais to cut back or cut out rice to help stop the onslaught of diabetes.

processed carbs = sugar .......

It's the starch I believe that impacts the blood sugar levels. What I don't understand is how rice is bad but noodles are not?

It's the starch I believe that impacts the blood sugar levels. What I don't understand is how rice is bad but noodles are not?

It's the carbohydrates that raise BG. Noodles are just as bad as rice

It's the carbohydrates that raise BG. Noodles are just as bad as rice

Not according to my friend in Bali who has T2 diabetes. This is a guy who checks his blood sugar levels every few hours. He told me noodles was okay, he didn't know why as they're mostly made from rice in Asia, he can't ell me why so I have no chance of the "why"

Not according to my friend in Bali who has T2 diabetes. This is a guy who checks his blood sugar levels every few hours. He told me noodles was okay, he didn't know why as they're mostly made from rice in Asia, he can't ell me why so I have no chance of the "why"

They could be egg noodles which have some flour but are mainly made from eggs which have no carbs worth mentioning.

They could be egg noodles which have some flour but are mainly made from eggs which have no carbs worth mentioning.

Could be but he's been living in Bali for 20 plus years and he did make the comment re noodles as they're made from rice! Oh well.

Could be but he's been living in Bali for 20 plus years and he did make the comment re noodles as they're made from rice! Oh well.

I'll give them a whirl with my meter.

I'll give them a whirl with my meter.

me too

Surely the main problem is people eating too much and exercising too little. It doesn't explain all cases but the rise in diabetes goes hand in hand with the rise in obesity.

To an extent diabetics can eat most of what they previously ate they just have to cut down on portions of carbs and moving over to unrefined is sensible.