Thai City Airways - Interesting PPrune Thread

Chao Lao Beach

cityairways-0815-net2.jpg?itok=4Wd8Q1mW

Hi, an interesting thread over there, probably best I not repeat what uses have posted on here with libel laws etc, but worth due diligence if you are looking to fly this carrier.

Who really knows whats going on, of course though, now they are flying again that of course everything is all great and wonderful though. coffee1.gif

Thread below:

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/496575-thai-city-airways.html

• Like 1

Have flown them a few times from HKT-DMK, I grabbed a few of those Groupon vouchers the first time just to try them out, and then they had a 600 baht promo deal on their own website a few months ago before they grounded themselves.

One flight was a blast. Myself and 9 other pax in total for a 2200-odd late evening flight up to DMK.

On board was the charter crew deadheading after arriving from China earlier that evening with a full flight of package tourists.

They were spread out on the aircraft, mainly the front and rear.

Myself and the other 9 pax were in the middle in 2-3 rows.

The power failed after we boarded, and while they waited for a ground unit to be brought to start us up, we were in a steaming hot cabin for 20 minutes or so. Was like a sauna. Eventually we got started up and underway.

I got chatting with the flight attendants down in the rear galley during the flight. I worked out that not a single one of these beautiful young women were older than the aircraft (an early 737 classic, around 25 years old) Had a great laugh when I pointed this out.

Anyway CLB, thanks for the link, I haven't been on PPRuNe for a while so good to have a catch up.