Just got kicked out of thai with valid visa

Read some of his previous posts.

Read them yet?

If not please read, then get back to me.

Hey WhateverUK

You started mocking nationality and insulting the next person for no reason. Then someboy told you how stupid is that and you still have attitude biggrin.png

My heart bleeds purple piss.

Get legal or get out, its hardly front page news, its been coming for months.

For the OP, either invest in an elite card or a 10 million baht investment visa.

Easy peasy, as the Thais say, took panha mee tang ork, every problem has a solution, the OP being a student of the language would already know this.

My attitude stems from the Boiler Room Billys and all the other farang trash that phone me trying to get me to invest in Brazilian real estate, the farang time share touts, and other such trash.

Where in Thailand do you live?

If you can avoid them, best of luck to you.

• Like 1

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My attitude stems from the Boiler Room Billys and all the other farang trash that phone me trying to get me to invest in Brazilian real estate, the farang time share touts, and other such trash.

So sorry. As you said, this being no-nanny country you have no protection. What a tragedy.

What would you have done if he had contacted you?

I would have tried to help.

How?

Do you have contacts at Immigration airport?

Would you have come to the airport or sent someone?

Do you think any school would do that? The guy admits he was playing the system.

They are a school not a babysitting service.

Yes totally: It has been reported here that some schools have helped their students in trouble with immigration and sorted out the situation for them

Walen used to actually have staff in Chaeng Wattana helping their students, but no more

That is correct, they should not but a mistake was obviously made. It is not common. Also to put things in perspective, it was the very first such case. Walen School is trying our very best to take good care of our valued customers. We have at least 90-95% student satisfaction rate.

Wonderful. Is there any occasion where you do fee obliged to conclude with a canned advertising statement - even when confronted with a "mistake" made by your employees.

I would suggest you check the attendance policies at the branch the OP got his visa and definitely the Bkk branch . Your staff may not be implementing your desired policies.

When meeting my gf at the bkk office and talked with several visa students on several occasions. I could tell you privately the actual policy as of 5 months ago.

Actually i can tell you that everyone can get extensions without attending classes at every language school that i asked. It's normal, they will even do the extensions for you in some schools in Hua Hin, you don't even need to go to the immigration.

I know at least 5 persons on ED visas who never attended any classes, some of them don't even bother going to the immigration for the extension, it's all done by the school (Hua Hin Schools).

If you ask every student to attend classes they will NEVER pay for an ED visa unless they want to learn thai, and not many of the ED visa holders want to learn thai, it's been promoted as a way to stay in Thailand, not as a way to learn thai.

I believe you.

My gf told me about the marking of the immigration attendance form in Bkk.

In bkk, students must do their own extension.

I think you were 100% satisfied with your school. Only dissatisfied with immigration.

Absolutely, i'm satisfied with Walen, that's why i'm not going to ask them anything, they did their job very well. I just mentionned the name of the school because it's a very popular school, so even in the best language school of the country you can get kicked out.

I am in my 4th month

And NO after 6 months you cannot read and write Thai.

0-3 leaning alphabet and syllabs

3-6months You are learning separate words

Maybe the OP couldn't read or write any of the alphabet. I don't think anyone has suggested that he should be able to read and write fluently after 6 months.

He can speak Thai after 6 months when Thai people study English for decades and cannot utter a word

Why would you say something so stupid? Almost everyone here can speak at least some English. Are you joking?

• Like 1

I am in my 4th month

And NO after 6 months you cannot read and write Thai.

0-3 leaning alphabet and syllabs

3-6months You are learning separate words

Maybe the OP couldn't read or write any of the alphabet. I don't think anyone has suggested that he should be able to read and write fluently after 6 months.

He can speak Thai after 6 months when Thai people study English for decades and cannot utter a word

Why would you say something so stupid? Almost everyone here can speak at least some English. Are you joking?

Everyone can speak English in Thaiand?

Best joke ever

With every Thai student in the school system learning English every week for years, the whole country should be fluent according to immigration learning curve.

There is a difference teaching a bunch of kids that are there because they have to and not really studying to learn a language without being immersed in it. The Thai immigration system should discourage students like this from coming to Thailand.

Typically when someone is motivated to learn a language and they are immersed in it it takes 3 - 6 months to be basically conversant and along with writing (based on experience of learning french while immersed in Quebec) - probably a vocabulary of around 1,000 words. If it is not a first language, then you will typically never become as good as a native speaker, but pretty close (that is why translators usually translate into their mother tongue). Several years and you should have a vocabulary of an average Thai person -- though may still fall down on formalities, and quirks etc.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

With every Thai student in the school system learning English every week for years, the whole country should be fluent according to immigration learning curve.

There is a difference teaching a bunch of kids that are there because they have to and not really studying to learn a language without being immersed in it. The Thai immigration system should discourage students like this from coming to Thailand.

Typically when someone is motivated to learn a language and they are immersed in it it takes 3 - 6 months to be basically conversant and along with writing (based on experience of learning french while immersed in Quebec) - probably a vocabulary of around 1,000 words. If it is not a first language, then you will typically never become as good as a native speaker, but pretty close (that is why translators usually translate into their mother tongue). Several years and you should have a vocabulary of an average Thai person -- though may still fall down on formalities, and quirks etc.

Immersion?

Very funny

Every Thai person REFUSES to speak to you and pretend not to understand

You compare learning Thai to learning French which uses the same alphabet and shares 65% of vocab??

Edited by Kitsune
  • Like 1

Immersion?

Very funny

So what is it - every Thai knows English and refuses to talk to you in Thai -- or very few know english and speak to you in Thai.... You seem to be arguing both sides of the fence right on this page of the discussion.

Maybe Thais just don't like you and refuse to talk to you at all.... :o

• Like 2

Everyone can speak English in Thaiand?

Best joke ever

The poster above wrote, "at least some English" and that's true. OK? Beer? I ceam? Happy birthday to you? Computer? Taxi? Bar? Chocolate? Shopping? ATM and Bye bye.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

Immersion?

Very funny

So what is it - every Thai knows English and refuses to talk to you in Thai -- or very few know english and speak to you in Thai.... You seem to be arguing both sides of the fence right on this page of the discussion.

Maybe Thais just don't like you and refuse to talk to you at all.... ohmy.png

They say it's not my country and I should not be here.

Absolutely, i'm satisfied with Walen, that's why i'm not going to ask them anything, they did their job very well. I just mentionned the name of the school because it's a very popular school, so even in the best language school of the country you can get kicked out.

How do you know ? By your own admission you never went to class, and you were abusing the Ed visa system to carry out your digital pikery activities

Or are you suggesting that the school in question is good because they assisted you by marking your full attendance in classes in order to facilitate gaining a long term visa, if so then the school in question is a visa mill

• Like 2

How do you know ? By your own admission you never went to class, and you were abusing the Ed visa system to carry out your digital pikery activities

Or are you suggesting that the school in question is good because they assisted you by marking your full attendance in classes in order to facilitate gaining a long term visa, if so then the school in question is a visa mill

Calling Thaivisa sponsor a Visa mill?

Good one!

And this is the only thing they say to you.... hmmm..... interesting..... If that was all I heard I might think of packing up and leaving....

No they want to know everything about me.

Who I sleep with,how much money I earn, what's my rent, etc

Then when they know they gossip it out

That's people I see regularly like neighbors

The rest just pretend not to understand at all

Like you repeat 10 times they still don't get it

I lost all confidence in speaking so much so that I asked my teacher to be ruthless about my thai so it's perfect and people cannot say they don't get it.

We spent hours and he concluded that my Thai was not flawless but very clear and it was "Thai people problem " if they refuse to communicate with me, which he knew about and was sorry about.

It's very frustrating because the only person that "understand me" are teachers. It's like the rest of the country does speak like teachers

Edited by Kitsune

Good one!

Not at all, the man himself stated attendance was compulsory, but here we have a past student stating they will stamp your attendance even if your not going to class, so only 3 possibilities 1. The branch in question is not following the stated polices of the business owner 2. This is an accepted part of the business model and therefore in part at least it is a visa mill operation 3. The op is lying

And after being here working and dealing with a few Thai run businesses, I am incline to think option 2 will be pretty close to the reality, not suggesting the whole operation is a visa mill, as there will be genuine students, but pretty sure a blind eye will be given to those students who prefer not to attend classes and are only interested in the visa portion

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

Good one!

Not at all, the man himself stated attendance was compulsory, but here we have a past student stating they will stamp your attendance even if your not going to class, so only 3 possibilities 1. The branch in question is not following the stated polices of the business owner 2. This is an accepted part of the business model and therefore in part at least it is a visa mill operation 3. The op is lying

LOL

Have you ever been to a Thai language school?

Edited by Kitsune

Good one!

LOL

Have no need to, not a pikey and can afford a TE card if I had to :D

People that show respect for the country and culture and learn the language and can show financial resources to support himself I would considered a quality tourist.

But there is no specific visa for this category tourist.

Seems the ED visa fits that bill.

• Like 1

LOL

Have no need to, not a pikey and can afford a TE card if I had to biggrin.png

Well then you don't know what you're talking about.

All I can say is if immigration wanted to know what's really going on it's very easy: They plant a bogus (philipino) student and see how the school reacts when he does not attend classes.

ALL the schools would be closed in a week.

But it easier to put the blame on Farangs we have more money and no rights.

Edited by Kitsune

Without going back through the whole thread I believe the OP said he had an ED Visa for three years.

Anyone who had attended classes for three years should be at least able to write their name and read a decent amount of Thai.

Besides that he didn't have enough funds so how long could he stay in Thailand on 9k Baht without working?

Case closed stop your bitchin'.

Without going back through the whole thread I believe the OP said he had an ED Visa for three years.

Anyone who had attended classes for three years should be at least able to write their name and read a decent amount of Thai.

Besides that he didn't have enough funds so how long could he stay in Thailand on 9k Baht without working?

Case closed stop your bitchin'.

6 months

not 3 years

• Like 2

And this is the only thing they say to you.... hmmm..... interesting..... If that was all I heard I might think of packing up and leaving....

No they want to know everything about me.

Who I sleep with,how much money I earn, what's my rent, etc

Then when they know they gossip it out

That's people I see regularly like neighbors

The rest just pretend not to understand at all

Like you repeat 10 times they still don't get it

I lost all confidence in speaking so much so that I asked my teacher to be ruthless about my thai so it's perfect and people cannot say they don't get it.

We spent hours and he concluded that my Thai was not flawless but very clear and it was "Thai people problem " if they refuse to communicate with me, which he knew about and was sorry about.

It's very frustrating because the only person that "understand me" are teachers. It's like the rest of the country does speak like teachers

For once I have to agree with you.

It happens quite often that a Thai sees a foreigner, and expects the foreigner to speak any language but Thai. So when the foreigner does speak Thai they just don't seem to understand.

So I don't think it is refusal.