I am looking for accommodation to rent for 6 months in Chiang Mai.

i am that

Single woman in mid- fifties with a car. My budget is from 5 to 8 k bht. And my requirements are slightly specific but reasonable: very essential to have ability to cook my own food, to have a little balcony or terrace or access to a little garden, access to swimming pool and a car parking., as well as WiFi. I don't care much about furniture and I don't watch TV. Also it should be quiet neighborhood I cannot stand the night parties and children crying and dogs barking. Any offers to match?

Sorry to puncture your balloon but there is nowhere in Chiang Mai where you will get away from noise. Our condo Nakornping has a pool but we do have remodels from time to time which can be a bit noisy. There is a German lady here with units for rent around 7500 bahts including weekly maid service (last I heard). I can put you in touch with her. Her minimum rentals are 6 mos. Everything is within walking distance sooo you can almost park your car and leave it. Electric and water rates are at the government level.

• Like 1

It'd have to be a condo as few, if any, house owners would rent for 6 months. Also, all moobaans (estates) without exception have barking dogs and/or crying kids. Best way is to search on here for condos, rent a bike for a few days and do the legwork yourself. An agent would likely make a significant difference in rent.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd suggest Nakorn Ping condo, too. The remodeling noise is confined to just during daytime hours and not on weekends. Good pool, kept very clean. Don't hear kids crying, but I guess that depends on your neighbors, because kids are allowed in the building.

Plenty of parking in the condo's parking garage and there's something about an internet and cable TV provider for the building that are very reasonable -- although we've made other arrangements to have premium service.

Other condos along Huey Kaew/Nimman have pools, too, but they may not have rooms as cheap as 5 to 8 k, esp for just a 6 month rental.

Oh in saying ability to cook your own food, I hope the OP is happy with a small refrigerator, sink, a cabinet to store dishes and a counter with an electrical outlet. She's not going to get a place with a built-in oven, extractor hood and double sink with piped-in hot water for 5 to 8 K.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1