Reverse Vasectomy

khunandy

Hi everybody,

I have been doing a fair bit of web surfing gathering info on the success rate and possible complications related to a reverse vasectomy.

Have any readers any experience or advice in having this procedure done in Thailand?

Any info or endorsement of any particular establishments would be gratefully received.

thanks

Khun Andy

Have no idea but this is a procedure quote from a Bangkok located hospital:

14.Vasectomy Reversal

The price includes:

• Operation Room charge

• Medication necessary for the procedure

• Medical equipment and supplies necessary for the procedure

• Room charges and regular food menu charges ( 2 Night- Grand Single Room)

• Doctor fee

• Anesthesiologist fee

• Nursing service charges

• Take home medicines and supplies related to procedure

• Pre-operative studies,such as laboratory tests, radiology studies etc. (CBC and CXR)

The price excludes:

• Charges for additional nights at the hospital

• Charges for other items of a personal nature e.g. special nursing, in-room soft drinks, telephone charges and guest meals

• Other treatment for patients who have underlying medical problems that require additional treatment

• Transportation to and from the airport

Note:

1. These prices are estimates and subject to change without prior notice.

2. One US Dollar equals 40 Baht. This exchange rate is subject to change depending on currency fluctuation.

Estimated Price: 70,000 Baht 1,750 US Dollars

Hi everybody,

I have been doing a fair bit of web surfing gathering info on the success rate and possible complications related to a reverse vasectomy.

Have any readers any experience or advice in having this procedure done in Thailand?

Any info or endorsement of any particular establishments would be gratefully received.

thanks

Khun Andy

Had it done around 8 years ago. They called it Micro Surgery. A little painfull, but other than that, no problems. Had 2 kids. Have DNA to prove it :o

Bangkok Christian Hospital. 15,000 Baht

Hope this helps

Hi everybody,

thanks

Khun Andy

I had the vasectomy at age 26 ( 32 years before the reverse vasectomy). Still had 2 kids. I think a lot of luck was involved. But agree with Jai Dee. Was told by 3 doctors (2 American 1 Thai) my chance of having a baby was 0.

I've been told (by a doctor) that you can do it with a reasonable rate of success within 8 years of having a vasectomy.

After that, your chances of fertility are diminished.

Yes, that is one of the important ones of several variables that come into play on success rate, eg. the staple-method vasectomy for closing off the ends of the vas is much more difficult to reverse than one done with the vas-ends sewing method.

For the ones who've posted of successful reversals, congratulations... :o

For me... I suppose most people around the would uniformly agree that the less DNA I perpetuate, the better... :D

I've been told (by a doctor) that you can do it with a reasonable rate of success within 8 years of having a vasectomy.

After that, your chances of fertility are diminished.

Yes, that is one of the important ones of several variables that come into play on success rate, eg. the staple-method vasectomy for closing off the ends of the vas is much more difficult to reverse than one done with the vas-ends sewing method.

For the ones who've posted of successful reversals, congratulations... :o

For me... I suppose most people around the would uniformly agree that the less DNA I perpetuate, the better... :D

Thanks for the great response so far everybody, I guess the first thing is to find out what sort of procedure was used for my vasectomy in the first place. I do remember I felt like a lamb being led to slaughter and quite ignorant in my understanding of it all back then.

In my web searches I have come across an enormous amount of information advocating against vasectomy which wasn't available 15 years ago. The age of information hey.

I was "done" 15 years ago so I am guessing that the potential for success is reduced somewhat but then again I have always been a bit lucky.

My greatest fear is that the reversal may prove unsuccessful but I lose some other capacity or function as a side effect.

Once again many thanks and if anybody has more info please keep it coming

Khun Andy

The success rate of a reverse-vasectomy depends upon the original method of vacectomy.

Plus; after the original vasectomy the mans sperm are absorbed back into the mans body which can cause antibodies against sperm to form: thus reduced fertility of upto 50% is possible.

Choose a hospital that uses sterile operating conditions. Operations upon the 'vas deferens' although minor in surgical terms, require 100% sterile environment.

I won't trouble your mind with some of the potential physical disasters that these type of procedures have befallen men in say...India, when non-sterile equipment is sometimes used!

The success rate of a reverse-vasectomy depends upon the original method of vacectomy.

Plus; after the original vasectomy the mans sperm are absorbed back into the mans body which can cause antibodies against sperm to form: thus reduced fertility of upto 50% is possible.

Choose a hospital that uses sterile operating conditions. Operations upon the 'vas deferens' although minor in surgical terms, require 100% sterile environment.

I won't trouble your mind with some of the potential physical disasters that these type of procedures have befallen men in say...India, when non-sterile equipment is sometimes used!

Adopt :o:D:D:D

Adopt :o:D:D:D

Thanks for the advice, well the wife and I have no objection to adopting but we would like to explore this option first. :D

It seems to me from the replies I have had and different research that the odds are not as bad as I first thought although some disturbing evidence is emerging in regard to some slight increased risk of a genetic problem with the baby after long term vasectomies although this is somewhat reduced with time after the reversal.

We will just keep plugging away for more info then speak to a good consultant (hopefully).

All replies to my post have been gratefully received...Thanks to all :D

When trying to conceive a child...

We will just keep plugging away

... is a good place to start...

:o

Ha ha, same thought occurred to me, together with

please keep it coming

I am also about 12 years since my vasectomy and considering reversal, so anything you do find out please post here so we can all share.

please keep it coming

I am also about 12 years since my vasectomy and considering reversal, so anything you do find out please post here so we can all share.

Hi everybody,

thanks

Khun Andy

I have not checked the other posts maybe they give the same information, In a hurry for the moment but you can always check up on this link. The success rate would for me determine if I should go for a reverse vasectomy.... More information on this link. http://www.vasectomy.com/index.htm

Cheers :o

please keep it coming

Ha ha, yeah, there are plenty of puns mixed in with this lot. I think the best thing for me to do at this stage is try and dig up some info at the clinic I had my vasectomy done (hopefully they keep records) and find out what method was used as this seems to be an important factor.

There are so many websites dedicated to this subject that I am overdosing on info at the moment but certainly not the contributions to this blog. I am a bit more confident in dealing with the matter now but so much depends on what they find in the sperm sample when the reversal procedure is happening and where the original cut / staple/ knot was made etc.

There is mention of a "blowout" situation in the old dilly bag as well which has an affect on the success rate. I dont know, I guess I will have to give it a go and hope for the best.

I am still scared that I may suffer some other disfunction :D as a side effect although I havent heard about or read about this happening. I just love my sex life now and wouldnt want to risk losing it. This is a hard decision for me.

I would however appreciate any hospital recommendations that anybody can pass on.

Thanks

Khun Andy

• 1 year later...

Hi Andy

I was a 'Jaffa' and was done about 8 years ago. I had the reversal op here in the private hospital in Surin and was told the success rate is around 60%. That was done a year ago and like you 'I'm still plugging away.' I was quoted 3400quid back in the UK (NHS do not cover this :o ) and over here in LOS, I think I paid 10% of that figure in a very good hospital.

Dave

• 5 months later...
Hi everybody,

thanks

Khun Andy

Aloha

It also depends if you were cut and tied or cut and removed, how long it has been, My doctor told me back then the odds were against me, I was cut and removed, at that time 20 old operation.

• 6 months later...

Am thinking of having the Reversal as well, but had the Op done over 15 years ago.

Have heard I can have a reversal or that Sperm can be somehow removed (I think Sperm Aspiration)

Does anyone have any good contact for Hospitals for such things, currently I have Phayathai and Jetanin.

Thanks in advance for any information.

I have had 2 reversals done in the UK, neither worked. Came to Thailand, remarried, went to a IVF clinic and had 2 procedures. We now have 2 girls and one boy. They take the sperm direct from the factory and fertilise the eggs that way.

I was told by the doctor that tried to reverse me that as soon as you are snipped sperm is seen, by your body, as an invader. Your body then bombards your sperm factory with antibodies. After 5 years your sperm's tails will become deformed, resulting in the sperm not being able to swim in a direct line. Even if the reversal is successful the chances of producing children are very low.