Guitar lessons in Chiang Mai

banagan

If you give us some specifics, we can make a more specific recommendation. There are lots of music schools all around Chiang Mai, but their instruction differs greatly.

What is the age of the student?

What style of music is the student interested in?

Does the student want to learn 'music' or just learn guitar?

Music theory or just play songs?

M.I.L.S. Music. The main shop is on Propaklao Rd, just 50 meters north of Rachadamnoen Rd on the right side of the street. Ask for Khun Pong.

He speaks very good English, performs regularly around town, and is a very, very good teacher for rock tunes. I studied under him for a while to get some foundation for a different style of playing than my own.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

M.I.L.S. Music. The main shop is on Propaklao Rd, just 50 meters north of Rachadamnoen Rd on the right side of the street. Ask for Khun Pong.

He speaks very good English, performs regularly around town, and is a very, very good teacher for rock tunes. I studied under him for a while to get some foundation for a different style of playing than my own.

Enjoy!

Thanks!

Face to face I am sure is best for guitar lessons. What I did is join Jamplay....all you really need as far as learning goes.

I can now read music..not great but getting better...if you just wish to learn songs they have all genres and skills. tons of songs and even song writing classes...I am working now on blues slide guitar...love it so much..

http://www.jamplay.com/taf/m0t here is the link.....

300 to 400 baht per hour. Most music schools require pre-paying a 10-lesson block, but it's OK to ask for a demonstration lesson for the first one, to see if you like the teaching style being used. Different teachers employ different methods, and not all of them are right for everyone. You need to find a teacher that fits you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you give us some specifics, we can make a more specific recommendation. There are lots of music schools all around Chiang Mai, but their instruction differs greatly.

What is the age of the student?

What style of music is the student interested in?

Does the student want to learn 'music' or just learn guitar?

Music theory or just play songs?

Hi Folk Guitar.

My 11 year old daughter is after some lessons south of town. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

M.I.L.S. does a great job with kids, but there is one other place that I've heard about that is also very good with young learners. I can't remember the name right now, but it's facing the moat on the inside, just up from the Senior Citizen Center and temple at the south corner facing east, perhaps 50 meters past the temple. A very modern-looking building facing the moat. I went in there once and they were very helpful for what I was looking for.

• Like 1

There are some great tools and aids to learning now...(Youtube alone can bury you with guitar learning content.) It does really help to have someone that knows what they are doing, watch and listen to you.Unlearning things you have practised, but are hurting your progress is more difficult than learning things correctly in the early part of the process. (allowing for individual differences). Having somneone customize the lessons to fit your interests, abilities and learning speed is also a great boost to coach you along the way you want to go at your speed.