Thailand permanent resident permit PR requirements HELP!

Hello everyone! I'm from Pakistan and living in Bangkok Thailand from last 2 and half years I'm on a non-o visa obtained from thai embassy pakistan i want to apply for permanent resident permit in thailand i got my 3 consecutive years extensions which is basic requirement for PR. I'm married with thai national (thai wife) have baby born in thailand (Thai National) I have no work permit because i am not working but planning to open a shop/restaurant in the future. My questions are: 1. What documents required for apply for PR?

2. I need a work permit to help/work with my wife on a shop/restaurant she own?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Excuse my bad English!

Thank's

you need to have been paying tax in Thailand for the 3 years.

Hi! Thank you for your reply! I didn't understand i have to pay tax? you mean income tax? I am not working here from the first day till now no income and no job nothing!

Hi! Thank you for your reply! I didn't understand i have to pay tax? you mean income tax? I am not working here from the first day till now no income and no job nothing!

Income Tax with receipts for 3 years, if you have not paid tax then no chance of PR

Hi and thanks for your reply! Actually i've read this already as you can see this guy who apply for PR is doing some job/work.

(Many of the 20 documents listed are related to your employer, work and tax record for the previous 3 years and must have been signed (or issued) within 3 months of making your application.)

And this is where my problem is starts, is it possible for me to apply for a residence permit?

I think no chance of PR then, but I could be wrong. It would sound too easy if just extending visa for 3 years would qualify you for PR. I hold Thai PR based on business by the way, and it was not easy. I don't think based on marriage would be so much easier. You are doing it wrong my friend.

Income Tax with receipts for 3 years, if you have not paid tax then no chance of PR

Brother, I'm Not working In THAILAND! I'm unemployed. I Have no Income.

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text

I think no chance of PR then, but I could be wrong. It would sound too easy if just extending visa for 3 years would qualify you for PR. I hold Thai PR based on business by the way, and it was not easy. I don't think based on marriage would be so much easier. You are doing it wrong my friend.

Thank's for the reply, So it means i have to work/business 3years and also married with thai national and have child thai national and 3 years unbroken non-o visa extensions and then i should consider my self to apply for PR? I'm right my friend?

Yeah i got 3 consecutive years extension unbroken not visas, look i got family support so much and i am here from last 3 years on my passport i have only one visa sticker which is Non-o visa and issued from Thai embassy islamabad pakistan! after that i extend my visa every year (extensions) and yes i have to show 400,000 baht every time i apply for extension. And one more Question: If i want to start work example me and my wife open some shop/restaurant somewhere in thailand and she will be the owner i have no share in that business but i wish to work with her do i need a work permit? Thank you so much my friend.

SO it has changed from 4 Thai employees to 2 Thai employees?

You have to be paying Tax for 3 years in Thailand to possibly get PR status? Surely there is a way around that I dont pay tax but I surely spend my pension here, way more than a local Thai would earn so no chance of a PR...?

(I got Thai Kid too!)

I spoke to my lawyer about this very point. In my situation because I have a company and work permit here I was told that once I had received my third annual work permit then I could apply for PR. I'm afraid I didn't ask what the requements would be if I wasn't working. The other hurdles I would have to jump to be to compete some kind or written exam, all in Thai and also have an interview, all in Thai.

Can I suggest you speak to a lawyer on this point or someone who has actually gone through the process.

SDM

PS I was also given a costing of 90,000 baht for government costs only.

You have to be paying Tax for 3 years in Thailand to possibly get PR status? Surely there is a way around that I dont pay tax but I surely spend my pension here, way more than a local Thai would earn so no chance of a PR...?

(I got Thai Kid too!)

If married to a Thai it is 2 Thai employees and 1 million baht capital.

There is no way around needing to work, having a work permit and paying taxes to get PR.

There is a clause in the ministerial regulation that states if you wife makes 30k baht or more a month you can apply but immigration will not accept the application on that basis per instructions from the Interior Ministry.

(I got Thai Kid too!)

If you are married to a Thai, and your visa and work permit are in the basis of that, then you only need two Thai employees to support your work permit.

The capital requirements is still confirmation that 2MB is available.

I have no idea what the PR requirements are in a retirement visa, assuming that's what you are on. Speak to a lawyer, a chat would be free anyway. Happy to recommend.

SDM

PS Sorry quite right, 1million available capital per permit.

Edited by SDM0712

Go to the link provided by PAZ in post number 2, read it you will find almost all the answers of your querry, further more you need: Educational documents, police clearance, NOC from your embassy and many more documents other than work permit and taxes.

An applicant needs 3 complete tax years and needs to be working with unbroken extensions and work permit during that time and at least up to the time of application. Since Immigration only accepts applications for the last 2 weeks of December each year it means more like 4 years than 3.

If you count the time up to the formal interview (when you need to be still working) then it's even longer.

Brother, I'm Not working In THAILAND! I'm unemployed. I Have no Income.

So, you will NOT have a change to get what you want.

B1 million is definitely correct for paid-up capital required for a work permit for some one married to a Thai and that is in the printed regulations but the number of Thai employers is officially 4 for everyone, whether they have a Thai spouse or not. However, local offices have flexibility in applying this. Some will accept 2 employees, especially in the first year of a newly registered company. Bangkok seems quite strict. Previously I had a WP with no Thai employers on the basis of already having PR but the last time I enquired at the Labour Ministry I was told they would not make an exception for me on the basis of having a Thai wife or PR any more, as the guidelines giving lenience to PR holders had been cancelled. I was told I would have to write a letter explaining why I thought I deserved exemption for the Thai employees requirement, if I wanted it again. As it happened I didn't need to move back to my own small company, so I never re-tested this.

Another point to be taken into consideration regarding PR applications is that, although no minimum salary is specified, it is widely believed that applicants earning less than around B80,000 a month have a strong chance of being rejected as being unable to provide sufficient evidence of ability to support themselves and providing insufficient contribution to the Thai economy through tax payment. Also Immigration has been known to arbitrarily reject all applicants working for companies with paid-up capital of less than 5 million baht as small companies with just enough capital to obtain a work permit are regarded as Mickey Mouse and may be fake businesses simply set up to obtain a WP. Rejecting all of them out of hand makes the work of the officers easier, as they don't need to investigate the small companies. I was told this by a Police major general in the Immigration Bureau in the 90s, when I applied. I can't tell you if the same is true today. However, since it is such a hassle to apply PR these days and the non-refundable application is not insignificant, it is worth considering carefully if you really want to go to the trouble, if you barely squeak by the basic qualifications. Because PR is up to the discretion of the Interior Minister by law, there is no need for them to give reasons for rejections, if they don't want to, and there is no avenue of appeal.

Contrary to popular belief, having a Thai wife and children doesn't seem to improve your chances of getting PR at all. It just places a greater burden on you to prove that the marriage is genuine and the children are really yours, without providing any benefit. When I applied for PR, I was unmarried and there was never any suggestion that not having a Thai family would be a problem for my application and it wasn't. Since the Nationality Act was amended in 2008 to allow husbands of Thais to apply for citizenship without getting PR first, there has been a tendency to apply for citizenship, bypassing PR. Strangely enough the documentation required is a little less burdensome. Also the minimum salary is B40,000 a month (you need 3 years on a WP and paying tax, just like for PR) for those with Thai wives and there is no suggestion that applicants on the minimum will be rejected out of hand, if they make all the other qualifications. The process takes many years but that is now the same for PR which used to take only 6-12 months.

• Like 2

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/residence/quota_detail_en.pdf

Guyz look this is official immigration website and here is residence quota details.

I want to point out only this: 1.2 has personal qualifications that fit one of the following categories:

(1) Investment category
(2) Working/Business category
(3) Humanity Reasons category: he/she must have relationship with a Thai citizen or an alien who already possessed residence
permit as the followings:
1) A legal husband or wife.
2) A legal father or mother.
3) A child who is under 20 years of age up to the application submission date and must be single.
(4) Expert category
(5) Extra circumstances on a case by case basis (For more information please access to
It's Clearly says that has personal Qualifications that "FIT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING" categories:
my category is number (3) Which is humanity resons category i know some of you got PR but base on working/business and for that you need income tax receipts and show your monthly income etc etc. Well i am planning to visit immigration office within 2-3 days and will update here whether i can apply for PR without having work permit and business and income tax receipts.

Guyz look this is official immigration website and here is residence quota details.

I want to point out only this: 1.2 has personal qualifications that fit one of the following categories:

(1) Investment category
(3) Humanity Reasons category: he/she must have relationship with a Thai citizen or an alien who already possessed residence
3) A child who is under 20 years of age up to the application submission date and must be single.
(4) Expert category
(5) Extra circumstances on a case by case basis (For more information please access to
It's Clearly says that has personal Qualifications that "FIT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING" categories:
my category is number (3) Which is humanity resons category i know some of you got PR but base on working/business and for that you need income tax receipts and show your monthly income etc etc. Well i am planning to visit immigration office within 2-3 days and will update here whether i can apply for PR without having work permit and business and income tax receipts.

Best to read this. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/residence/residence_th_sponser_en.pdf

"DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WHEN APPLYING FOR A RESIDENCE PERMIT (December 2009)

IN THE CATEGORY OF SUPPORTING THAI CITIZEN OR BEING SUPPORTED BY THAI CITIZEN
(HUSBAND-WIFE, FATHER-MOTHER, OR CHILDREN WHO IS UNDER 20 YEARS OF AGE AND SINGLE)"
"7. The letter of employment history from Office of Foreign Workers Administration (Work Permit), Department of Employment Library (download at
www.immigration.go.th – Applying for a resident’s visa in Thailand) and copy of all of the supporter’s work permit(s) (every single page that
contains information)
8. The employment certification letter from the supporter’s work place which is signed by the company’s authorized person (as per the official form)
required last 2 years (download at www.immigration.go.th – Applying for a resident’s visa in Thailand) and employment application with
employment agreement (if any)
9. Copy of the supporter’s annual personal income tax form (por ngor dor 91 or 90) with receipts for the previous 3 years prior to the application
submission year and a copy of the filed personal income tax returns e.g. P.N.D.50 which must be officially certified by the revenue officers
10.Copy of the supporter’s monthly income tax form (por ngor dor 1) with receipts from the beginning of the year of application submission
(January) until the previous month of application submission which must be officially certified by the revenue officers"
  • Like 1

Beano2274, your comment does not help. Anyone can pay tax, just declare an income, go to the revenue department and pay the relevent tax and get a receipt. WAKE UP, THAT IS NOT GOING TO GET YOU PR. It might have 20 years ago, but the very first thing they will ask after confirming 3 annual extensions is: are you working?.

So, again. Immigration requires applicants to be working. You need a Work Permit. This is the main requirement. You get this by being employed by a thai company and as a consequence you must be pay any income taxes.

To Umair, regardless of what category you apply under, immigration require all applicants to be working in Thailand with work permits. IF you don't beleive me, get off your butt and go to the immigration department and ask them directly. They will tell you the same thing, and if they don't then by all means go ahead and apply. But one thing is for sure, arguing this or that with people who have answered your question on this forum is not going to get your application accepted.

Good luck

Edited by Time Traveller

(1) Investment category
(4) Expert category

Best to read this. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/residence/residence_th_sponser_en.pdf

"DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WHEN APPLYING FOR A RESIDENCE PERMIT (December 2009)

IN THE CATEGORY OF SUPPORTING THAI CITIZEN OR BEING SUPPORTED BY THAI CITIZEN
(HUSBAND-WIFE, FATHER-MOTHER, OR CHILDREN WHO IS UNDER 20 YEARS OF AGE AND SINGLE)"
"7. The letter of employment history from Office of Foreign Workers Administration (Work Permit), Department of Employment Library (download at
www.immigration.go.th – Applying for a resident’s visa in Thailand) and copy of all of the supporter’s work permit(s) (every single page that
contains information)
8. The employment certification letter from the supporter’s work place which is signed by the company’s authorized person (as per the official form)
required last 2 years (download at www.immigration.go.th – Applying for a resident’s visa in Thailand) and employment application with
employment agreement (if any)
9. Copy of the supporter’s annual personal income tax form (por ngor dor 91 or 90) with receipts for the previous 3 years prior to the application
submission year and a copy of the filed personal income tax returns e.g. P.N.D.50 which must be officially certified by the revenue officers
10.Copy of the supporter’s monthly income tax form (por ngor dor 1) with receipts from the beginning of the year of application submission
(January) until the previous month of application submission which must be officially certified by the revenue officers"

Thank's So much for the help! Now i got all the information and idea how to deal with it. Now it's time to find some work/job and wait until everything is okay :)

Beano2274, your comment does not help. Anyone can pay tax, just declare an income, go to the revenue department and pay the relevent tax and get a receipt. WAKE UP, THAT IS NOT GOING TO GET YOU PR. It might have 20 years ago, but the very first thing they will ask after confirming 3 annual extensions is: are you working?.

So, again. Immigration requires applicants to be working. You need a Work Permit. This is the main requirement. You get this by being employed by a thai company and as a consequence you must be pay any income taxes.

To Umair, regardless of what category you apply under, immigration require all applicants to be working in Thailand with work permits. IF you don't beleive me, get off your butt and go to the immigration department and ask them directly. They will tell you the same thing, and if they don't then by all means go ahead and apply. But one thing is for sure, arguing this or that with people who have answered your question on this forum is not going to get your application accepted.

Good luck

Yeah! thanks for the info mate! btw I'm not arguing with anyone if you can read all my post reply's and the title of this topic you will understand what make's me to come here and ask every point to the people who are experienced and can guide me to the process of getting PR!!

Peace :)