Former CIB chief taken to remand prison

Lite Beer

Not a chance, but no doubt plenty here will believe its all about cleaning up corruption. giggle.gif

Its cleaning up corruption and neutering the Shins 2 noble causes. Now if the Shins were to release what they know about corruption of the army we might be getting somewhere. I hate corruption so its good he goes down and would applaud corrupt guys being taken down on the side that i support too.

Too bad this will probably not happen. The side that is in power usually goes after those that are corrupt on the other side. But at least some get caught.

"There is none so blind as those who will not see"

Agree with your sentiment on corruption, but the real story is written between the lines!!coffee1.gif

I think everything about this whole story must be read between the lines. I think the shins in this case are but a small part of the story

Edited by eddie61

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who still think this is a crackdown on corruption consider the original source of the news. Don't you think the NCPO and the PM would want to take credit for this if it was primarily about removing corruption?

I have done a little independent reading myself. It is one of those occasions I am grateful my passport has 'United Kingdom' on the cover.

To be able to give the incumbents of No 10 the boot every now and then (even if the other lot leave a lot to be desired) does give me some satisfaction. An option the Thai's have never really had.

For those who still think this is a crackdown on corruption consider the original source of the news. Don't you think the NCPO and the PM would want to take credit for this if it was primarily about removing corruption?

I have done a little independent reading myself. It is one of those occasions I am grateful my passport has 'United Kingdom' on the cover.

To be able to give the incumbents of No 10 the boot every now and then (even if the other lot leave a lot to be desired) does give me some satisfaction. An option the Thai's have never really had.

..Not to mention the fact we can ridicule them in public without lawsuits being filed or worse: could you imagine a Thai Jeremy Paxman?

..Not to mention the fact we can ridicule them in public without lawsuits being filed or worse: could you imagine a Thai Jeremy Paxman?

Or a Thai version of Spitting Images?

It was not just Politicians who were lampooned so they would have to relax other laws...

Such a cancer in Thailand corruption from the very top to the lowest of the low, and as for locking up a frail weak sick old thief it would be better if he was sent to Singapore or Dubai to recuperate for a few years before spending the next 60 years behind bars in Thailand the metal ones that is.

A frail sick old thief???

Is that your take on this character who has accumulated billions ripping off others and the country.

For a start he is not old, not even to police retirement age.

He would have to be the epitome of a bully using his position in the police for crime and corruption.

How weak and sick would he have been last month sitting high and mighty giving orders for all the corrupt and violent actions we now see being uncovered.

He may well be feeling sick now contemplating his future for with a bit of luck he will never again get the opportunity of a repeat performance.

• Like 1

He was probably undecided which direction to go, become a monk, become sick and spend time in hospital, leave the country, plastic surgery, or just go into hiding. But up jumped the devil and I doubt that purgatory was on offer. nor a sucide watch.

The fact that bail was denied is a very positive step. It may be an indication that they have found an honest judge who refuses to budge. That would be a huge step in the right direction. We are all hoping that this punk is tried and sentenced for a very long time. The fact that he would misuse the name of the Royal Family is a travesty. One can only hope he gets heavily punished for this.

There was a monk in the papers recently that had a Lear Jet and was depositing 20 million dollars a day into various accounts.

What are the chances he was laundering money for this guy?

You may both want to look into that claim, as well as the topic :)

A post in violation of the following has been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.