Thai taxi drivers explain why they reject you

webfact

"We don't reject passengers, we just reject your destination," the taxi admin wrote" blink.png

Classic twisted Thai logic.

"We earn THB100 from you, but do you know what we have to pay for it?"

Your Local Mafia Extortionist? wai2.gifwai.gif

"Do you think it is worth our time?”

It had better be you lazy <deleted>. Or, get a real job.

"The status claims taxi drivers should be able to file complaints against bad customers." blink.pngcheesy.gif

More Classic twisted Thai logic.

The Thai really have a knack for endearing others with their Foot in The Mouth approach.

And they love to always blame the customer. Absolutely BIZARRE.

Minds of children...

More classic twisted farang logic

Let them eat cake!

Just last week a taxi driver told my friend who wanted to go to the airport rail link that it was closed. This was in the afternoon. Do taxi driver have to lie to get a customer? Fair play on both sides needed.

More twisted farang logic

1 taxi man lie = all taxi man lie

But then again, as we farang know, it's just part of the culture. They're all taught to lie as children! They ARE just children!

this is really funny... how about when these taxi drivers intentionally do not stop the cab so that it will make a kaprut on the the next U-turn? how about if you want to follow the usual route and wantsto take you anywhere where you will have a long, winding drive? how about those taxi drivers pretending to be ignorant of the english language and talk in thai and you don't know what he is talking about? how about a sign in every taxi if it is for locals and farangs? C'mon... ASEAN is coming... speak english please!!!!

• 2 months later...

I don't get it why some individuals (probably Americans?) think it's their duty to tip taxi drivers because they feel sorry for their low wages. Like the guy who gives twice the meter fare to every taxi he gets into.

Good for him, if he's that rich, but at the end of the day he's doing us a disservice because then the taxi drivers he has encountered expects the same from every other foreigner they encounter in future. That just sets the stage for more scams and possible extortion.

That's not how it's supposed to work. Taxi fares here are too cheap, but it's not up to the individual to make the decision to make up the shortfall - either the taxi unions (if they exist) should be able to bargain for higher fares or the government or whoever the regulator is should push for higher fares.

However, tipping taxi drivers is NOT the culture here in Thailand. Maybe in America, but almost nowhere else. Hell even in Australia nobody tips taxi drivers; at most minor rounding up is performed.

It is quiet common in Europe!

i have just read that UBER is valued at $40 billion wow, so much for "POOR" taxi drivers,

I can't believe moronic comments on this web site.

About bashing taxi drivers:

I thought you guys loved capitalism. Wanna be stupid and lazy? Pick a cab in front of hotel. Want to do the leg work? Flag a taxi on the street. You really do have options. In your country that's called capitalism but a bunch of whiny babies are screaming corruption.

Bunch of hypocrites.