visa renewal Phuket Immg. surprise

bubblegum

Just to clarify - if you apply in the morning you officially cannot collect until after 2.30 pm that day or after 8.30 am on the next business day. Hard to plan it but it's not really worth getting there early to apply unless you want to go somewhere else for 4 or 5 hours.

Another tip - don't wait till 2.30. Mine was ready at 2pm when I returned and for all I know before that. Take your receipt directly to the guy who took your application as he will have your passport. Don't wait for your name to be called out.

And another thing - they want a copy of a local bank ATM card and a foreign credit card (just the front of the card).

And don't forget (like I did this year) to get your certification of residence before applying for visa. That you do downstairs (with all the tourists/extensions/90 day crowd). I have heard some people living in hotels or condos have had problems with this if the owners haven't registered their guests with Immigration already. I was ok and all it took was a phone conversation between my landlord and the immigration officer.

Edited by phuketandsee

Not asked me for bank book nor ATM but that could be because I have the Dutch embassy's statement about income. And Yes I showed up at 2.20 and the officer just called my name so I guess I was lucky. In n Out 1 min.

But in the morning had to wait about 1 hour.

Have to have Certification of Residence !!!

So you have to get a certificate of residence from immigration to renew your visa at immigration. A very nice new scam if that's the case, with the "fee" charged for the certificate of residence document.

This now goes beyond what was stated recently regarding proof of address and the foreigner's registration by the landlord/owner.

Get the form "Certification of Residence" from the volunteer downstairs, only the owner of the house fills in the form and signs. If you're renting take this with a copy of landlords ID. No costs.

Not the case for me. I filled out the form and signed it and they accepted it after a telephone call with my landlord (as I said above). Also, as I said, your landlord is supposed to have already registered you so make sure he has done that before you go.

cant u do the registration at any time?

not just when u do ur extension.

MY extension is up in June and my 5 year DL is up in March so will get certificate for dl an register at the same time.

do it all in Patong

Yes - I think you are supposed to do it within 24 hours of address change, but clearly that is no real issue.

When I moved (early this year), I made a point of going to Phuket Town Immig with the TM28 and TM30 and other relevant docs. They took the docs, but did not place the receipt in my passport. The next time I did my 90 days (Patong) I had my new address on the TM7 (which form was then still required), and they asked me about my change of address. I told them I had done above at Phuket Town, but they (Patong) said Phuket Town had not registered the change. They then updated the system on the spot without further documentation. So, last time I was due for the 90 days, I did all the TM28, TM30 and other documentation again - provided to Patong Immig and again they provided no receipt for the back of my passport. I am quite certain all the docs will be required again when I do my next extension.

Bottom line - I think you are wasting time trying to do the registration prior to your next extension. However, if you still want to try, make sure you ask for the receipt for your passport.

I did my renewal of my retirement visa, told to collect it next day, then I got a phone call off the head honsho, saying please bring my bank book back in, he said where did I get my money to put in my account, so I said," if I can prove where it come from then we'll end this conversation and proceed to get my visa immediately" sales background kicking in, he replied "yes", so I showed that I have my money in a fund account for the higher interest and transfer when I have to, within 2 minutes I had my visa in my hand, totally strange and I thought eye, eye here we go, so something to be aware of, another angle there looking at, but where does it state you have to have evidence of your money matters, before the 3 month that money has to be in account, sorry to say the new system is pants in the office, cue, downstairs, cue, back upstairs, cue, fill form out, cue to get number, cue, then come back the next day to cue, cued longer then I was spoken to, great to see the coup , didn't loose any tourist, oh sorry it did, so we'll make it a nightmare for them and more difficult for experts who support so many Thais

Just to clarify - if you apply in the morning you officially cannot collect until after 2.30 pm that day or after 8.30 am on the next business day. Hard to plan it but it's not really worth getting there early to apply unless you want to go somewhere else for 4 or 5 hours.

Another tip - don't wait till 2.30. Mine was ready at 2pm when I returned and for all I know before that. Take your receipt directly to the guy who took your application as he will have your passport. Don't wait for your name to be called out.

And another thing - they want a copy of a local bank ATM card and a foreign credit card (just the front of the card).

And don't forget (like I did this year) to get your certification of residence before applying for visa. That you do downstairs (with all the tourists/extensions/90 day crowd). I have heard some people living in hotels or condos have had problems with this if the owners haven't registered their guests with Immigration already. I was ok and all it took was a phone conversation between my landlord and the immigration officer.

Any reason why they want a copy of an ATM card and a foreign credit card!!

Any reason why they want a copy of an ATM card and a foreign credit card!!

To get a better idea you're really bringing in money and not working in Thailand

Did my 1 year extension yesterday which included having to get old visa transferred to new passport so the extension could go in the new passport. All went smooth although had to make a couple of extra copies downstairs including the receipt (they could easily cut this step out). After being asked to wait for the requisite signatures the officer called out for me to collect my 100 Baht change. When I received my passport back I thought I would have to go downstairs for 90 day report but there was already a new one affixed in my passport. All in all, quite happy.

My 2 month Visa says I can stay until the 8th of December which is Monday. Is it still ok for me to apply for an extension on that day, or do I have to do it before? Can't do it today and they are closed weekends right? So I suppose I dont have a choice =/

My 2 month Visa says I can stay until the 8th of December which is Monday. Is it still ok for me to apply for an extension on that day, or do I have to do it before? Can't do it today and they are closed weekends right? So I suppose I dont have a choice =/

As you say, no choice.

But Monday is fine anyway.