Prosecutors set to arraign Myanmar men for Koh Tao killings

webfact

Timing, that's what I know, in diplomacy never reveal your hand until you have to, and this is a diplomatic game.

Thailand is on the verge of enormous change and the world is watching.

Just read the BBC website over the last few days. Even today this case is on that web site....the accused asking for help from the victims families.

The report will be slowly leaked, but when the time is right. If the Thai authorities pursue the Burmese the leaks will begin in earnest.

The British are saying nothing as yet for a reason.

The British Government will give there Thai counterparts the chance to redeem themselves or equally the chance to hang themselves.

How do you know? The British Government already has a report?

Edited by BoristheBlade
  • Like 1

No prosecution Koh Tao case accused Zaw Lin/Wai Phyo today, prosecutor requests 6th detention extension. Defense lawyers to oppose again

(Tweet from Andy Hall)

Which just goes to show that the Nation's OP report is less than accurate. Whether this is good news or not, is again debatable.

No prosecution Koh Tao case accused Zaw Lin/Wai Phyo today, prosecutor requests 6th detention extension. Defense lawyers to oppose again

(Tweet from Andy Hall)

Which just goes to show that the Nation's OP report is less than accurate. Whether this is good news or not, is again debatable.

A 6th extension. How long is the Prosecutor allowed in Thai law?

(Tweet from Andy Hall)

7 extensions of 12 days each up to a maximum of 84 days that they can be detained.

Edited by stephen terry

(Tweet from Andy Hall)

They are allowed 7 extensions..........total of 84 days.............if no charges after the 7th extension the B2 should be freed........

(Tweet from Andy Hall)

They are allowed 7 extensions..........total of 84 days.............if no charges after the 7th extension the B2 should be freed........

So why they need more time? Wasnt it said early on it was a perfect case?sad.png

(Tweet from Andy Hall)

Maybe one of the new witness's that suddenly appeared decided to recant. I trust a witness brought in for this case as much as I trust the contaminated crime scene to give credible DNA and evidence, this is their previous attempt at getting witness's "Man says police beat him after he declined to be witness in Koh Tao murder case" http://www.prachatai...glish/node/4373

700,000 THB was offered to him to be a witness, wonder how much any future witness's will get?

There is such a foul stench surrounding this whole affair.

<snip>.

Edited by Jai Dee
Baiting comment deleted

So why they need more time? Wasnt it said early on it was a perfect case?sad.png

(Tweet from Andy Hall)

Actually, it is very interesting. The prosecutor is retracting his assertion that he would indict them before the end of November, which is a climb-down - and there might be more behind the scenes activity being brought to bear.

Our CT posters could have a field day with this one...

• Like 2

Well done! More pats on the backs for these people please. Everybody should also be rewarded... above and beyond what was already offered coffee1.gif

On a separate note, to any nitwits members who think I meant what I said (wrote) - I don't. If you don't understand, look up 'sarcasm' in the dictionary.

Clearly what was stated all along, and is crucial to the case, is that the DNA found in the victim came from the two Burmese. If true, this would be convincing enough of their guilt to convince almost any sceptic. If you have provably raped someone minutes before their death, the likelihood that you are the murderer is overwhelming.

However the delays in bringing the prosecution, and the contradictory, ignorant and sometimes physically impossible claims made about DNA evidence by the RTP almost from day 1 suggests to me that they don't actually have DNA evidence that is adequate to prove identity beyond question, either through bad sampling or processing, or even direct tampering.

This will only come out if the DNA evidence is rigorously examined and questioned in court, using expert witnesses who understand the nature of DNA evidence, and what it can, or cannot, prove.

I fear that the defence team won't be expert enough to provide the necessary questioning of the DNA evidence, and this is what will doom the two Burmese.

If the DNA evidence is good, they are likely guilty.

I still think there is a possibility Hannah was not raped. If the RPT have in fact led people astray with any false DNA results, then it is also possible that they could have done the same regarding their claim that she was raped. Maybe there really was no semen? But that leaves me with the question of why a murderer would construct the crime scene to look like rape. Just thinking out loud.

Clearly what was stated all along, and is crucial to the case, is that the DNA found in the victim came from the two Burmese. If true, this would be convincing enough of their guilt to convince almost any sceptic. If you have provably raped someone minutes before their death, the likelihood that you are the murderer is overwhelming.

However the delays in bringing the prosecution, and the contradictory, ignorant and sometimes physically impossible claims made about DNA evidence by the RTP almost from day 1 suggests to me that they don't actually have DNA evidence that is adequate to prove identity beyond question, either through bad sampling or processing, or even direct tampering.

This will only come out if the DNA evidence is rigorously examined and questioned in court, using expert witnesses who understand the nature of DNA evidence, and what it can, or cannot, prove.

I fear that the defence team won't be expert enough to provide the necessary questioning of the DNA evidence, and this is what will doom the two Burmese.

I still think there is a possibility Hannah was not raped. If the RPT have in fact led people astray with any false DNA results, then it is also possible that they could have done the same regarding their claim that she was raped. Maybe there really was no semen? But that leaves me with the question of why a murderer would construct the crime scene to look like rape. Just thinking out loud.

Careful thinking out loud, I did that once and had the RTP Conspiracy Team all over me blink.png

It has been mentioned before however, the disgusting and horrific photos that one of the RTP put on on his facebook page that subsequently went viral. The position she was in was not as you would expect after having been murdered. It did look like she had her legs as in the missionary position placed like that purposely. Speculation of course

They have no choice but to prosecute. Huge loss of face if charges are withdrawn. Can't wait for the not guilty verdict! tongue.png

This farcical process is merely a staged process of "going through the motions".

Wait for a not guilty verdict mate, but suggest you refrain from holding your breath on that particular verdict. That is not the pre-ordained result that will be coming their way. Pure and simple.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree with you more if I tried. Too staged for my liking. And mon traipsing all over the scene in the morning nullifies any DNA of his that may have been at the scene. Very well done to the end, bravo RTP.

The murders on murder island were horrific. What is destined to happen to the Burmese two is simply evil.

• Like 2

(Tweet from Andy Hall)

Their evidence is flimsy at best and corrupted at worst. Shameful period for the legal and police processes in the Samui archipelago and the Kingdom of Thailand. Am I wrong to still believe that the army could still step in here. What is with their inaction ?

I cannot imagine what these lads are going through nor the intimidation these lads must be subjected to still in prison. They are in my thoughts every single day

OK, so assuming the police case against the B2 is solid, then I wonder why the local boys felt the need to lean on Sean Mcanna... One can only assume it is because he was going to lead the police in the wrong direction by making crazy claims that some completely innocent local Thais were somehow involved... And the police were going to believe his crazy story... Wow!... Sean must have had some serious police connections if they were actually going to take him seriously... But then... Why couldn't these connections protect him and why did he feel the need to leave the island fearing for his life... Something doesn't add up...

2400 plus posts on a thread still running and already this ones off to a flyer with the conspiracy theorists.

If buts maybes bribes rumors defamation slurs innuendos scenarios blah blah blah.

You guys think your doing some good well how about sparing a thought for the victims families and friends who might be reading this and all the other crap that's been posted about the crime not of which any of you can prove.

And by the way not all thai police and judges and politicians are on the take and corrupt so stop casting dispersions on the entire thai population with you spiteful accusations.

If your gonna talk the talk then walk the walk and back it up with some actual facts and report what you know to the relative authorities .

Shameful .

• Like 1

True RTP but them again getting so hard to fake DNA tests these Days with the world watching. One way or another justice will find those Guilty and it won't care who you know or pay off . So If I were a certain someone I would run forrest run. mark my words.

(Tweet from Andy Hall)

7 extensions of 12 days each up to a maximum of 84 days that they can be detained.

Maybe cynical... but is 84 days.. the end of the high season in Thailand??