Prosecutors set to arraign Myanmar men for Koh Tao killings

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What prosecutor in any self-respecting country would ever divulge to the media what his intentions were or the weight of his evidence BEFORE the matter went to trial.

Thats the point, a disgrace to prosecutorial guidelines around the world

Parading these 2 'lads' at the crime scene.. prior to full and final investigation was the ultimate show of disbelief ..and a desperate attempt to close the case out in front of the world press.

so is to prosecute them

In Thailand crime scene reenactments are normal as soon as suspects confess.

What prosecutor in any self-respecting country would ever divulge to the media what his intentions were or the weight of his evidence BEFORE the matter went to trial.

It is common in the US and elsewhere for the prosecution to divulge intentions prior to trial.

Google "prosecution to seek"

The reenactment on the beach should be reason enough to drop charges. Did you see photos and videos of it ? Two small bewildered men having their every movement being literally man-handled by a whole bevy of Thai officials. Farcical is too bland a word to describe it.

The cynical view would be that they threw the reenactment deliberately.

The reenactment on the beach should be reason enough to drop charges. Did you see photos and videos of it ? Two small bewildered men having their every movement being literally man-handled by a whole bevy of Thai officials. Farcical is too bland a word to describe it.

Fantasy is a more accurate description, ignoring the fact that there were 2 weapons used, even that was confirmed by the Thai coroner. Yes re enactments are carried out in Thailand if you confess, even when that confession is made under torture.

The prosecution securing 20 witnesses, as advised today in court, give me a break mate.

That is in the realm of fantasy!

The cynical view would be that they threw the reenactment deliberately.

No the cynical view is there was a RTP ridiculous reinactment months before suspects had even been charged in a vain attempt to show guilt before trial.

As is the way with the RTP

In a country with a jury trial system that would be cynical. In Thailand it is just silly.

Just to note from Baker & McKenzie - Bangkok website:

We have been successfully involved in a wide range of complex cases at various Thai courts, including the Tax Court, Bankruptcy Court, the Labour Court, the Intellectual Property and International Trade Court and the Administrative Court, as well as the Thai Arbitration Institute.

http://www.bakermckenzie.com/Thailand/DisputeResolution/

Being very familiar with Baker & McKenzie and other large international law firms of its ilk, I would note this:

• The firm's website did not mention any criminal defense work in criminal proceedings in Thailand---so one of the world's largest and best-recognized international law firms makes no claim that it has been successfully involved in any criminal defense work in Thailand
  • It would be very safe to say that in none of the cases they were successfully involved in did they represent a client with as little economic or social standing as the B2
  • It would be very safe to say that in the vast majority of the cases they were successfully involved in they represented clients with a significant degree of economic and/or social standing
  • I would make an educated guess that in some of the cases the firm was successfully involved in, they considered a long dragged-out court case to be part of their strategy for success

Just that not everyone shares the opinion of the guy I referenced who mentioned a civil not criminal case.

Edited by JLCrab

JOC, on 02 Dec 2014 - 04:11, said:

Big party at the AC bar tonight for Nomsod and his gang and their mighty protectors!!

"We got away with it..........................again"

Makes me wanna puke!!

If so, may the ghosts of Hannah and David haunt them forever.

• Like 2

Number 3, on 02 Dec 2014 - 08:24, said:
catsanddogs, on 02 Dec 2014 - 08:02, said:I still think there is a possibility Hannah was not raped. If the RPT have in fact led people astray with any false DNA results, then it is also possible that they could have done the same regarding their claim that she was raped. Maybe there really was no semen? But that leaves me with the question of why a murderer would construct the crime scene to look like rape. Just thinking out loud.

Couldn't agree with you more if I tried. Too staged for my liking. And mon traipsing all over the scene in the morning nullifies any DNA of his that may have been at the scene. Very well done to the end, bravo RTP.

The murders on murder island were horrific. What is destined to happen to the Burmese two is simply evil.

It was staged to make it look like Hannah and David were having sex (for which there is absolutely no evidence!). That much was obvious from the uncensored crime scene photos I saw. From the RTP's point of view, this theory fitted in nicely with the so-called "confession" they extracted from the B2. They were set up to take the fall from the start.

Number 3, on 02 Dec 2014 - 08:24, said:

catsanddogs, on 02 Dec 2014 - 08:02, said:

I still think there is a possibility Hannah was not raped. If the RPT have in fact led people astray with any false DNA results, then it is also possible that they could have done the same regarding their claim that she was raped. Maybe there really was no semen? But that leaves me with the question of why a murderer would construct the crime scene to look like rape. Just thinking out loud.

Couldn't agree with you more if I tried. Too staged for my liking. And mon traipsing all over the scene in the morning nullifies any DNA of his that may have been at the scene. Very well done to the end, bravo RTP.

The murders on murder island were horrific. What is destined to happen to the Burmese two is simply evil.

It was staged to make it look like Hannah and David were having sex (for which there is absolutely no evidence!). That much was obvious from the uncensored crime scene photos I saw. From the RTP's point of view, this theory fitted in nicely with the so-called "confession" they extracted from the B2. They were set up to take the fall from the start.

I agree. The scenario that Thai officials concocted (and put the B scapegoats through while physically guiding their every move), was what you might expect from a 7 year old with an IQ of 71. The scenario painted by by officials was so simplistic and contrary to evidence, it was arguably criminal in itself. Why criminal? Because it's another contrived way to let the headman's people off the hook, and allowing them to sashay around the bars and the beaches - knowing they're untouchable. ha ha ha, they're thinking, thumbing their noses at everyone outside their tough-guy clique.
  • Like 1

2400 plus posts on a thread still running and already this ones off to a flyer with the conspiracy theorists.

If buts maybes bribes rumors defamation slurs innuendos scenarios blah blah blah.

You guys think your doing some good well how about sparing a thought for the victims families and friends who might be reading this and all the other crap that's been posted about the crime not of which any of you can prove.

And by the way not all thai police and judges and politicians are on the take and corrupt so stop casting dispersions on the entire thai population with you spiteful accusations.

If your gonna talk the talk then walk the walk and back it up with some actual facts and report what you know to the relative authorities .

Shameful .

Would that be the same families victims and friends who also promoted the petition online to gain over 100,000 signatures because of the injustice of this case? Check out some of the families and friends facebook pages if you care to see for yourself. People on here are crying out for justice. The more power to them the better

No?

2400 plus posts on a thread still running and already this ones off to a flyer with the conspiracy theorists.

If buts maybes bribes rumors defamation slurs innuendos scenarios blah blah blah.

You guys think your doing some good well how about sparing a thought for the victims families and friends who might be reading this and all the other crap that's been posted about the crime not of which any of you can prove.

And by the way not all thai police and judges and politicians are on the take and corrupt so stop casting dispersions on the entire thai population with you spiteful accusations.

If your gonna talk the talk then walk the walk and back it up with some actual facts and report what you know to the relative authorities .

Shameful .

Would that be the same families victims and friends who also promoted the petition online to gain over 100,000 signatures because of the injustice of this case? Check out some of the families and friends facebook pages if you care to see for yourself. People on here are crying out for justice. The more power to them the better

No?

No? whats that supposed to mean. Maybe you didn't read the post, did you head over to David Millers facebook page no? If you had of done you will see the reason for my post but let me clarify a quote from the petition that they were promoting:

"From a completely destroyed crime scene, racial slurs and finger pointing against foreigners, victim blaming from the General turned Prime Minister, police posting pictures of the dead victims bodies on their FB accounts (with no regard for the victims friends and families), countless releases of unnecessary and highly conflicting pieces of information/evidence to the media, reports of investigators beating and offering bribes to false witnesses (and then still being allowed to work on the case), reports of torturing of suspects, suspicious and insensitive re-enactments of the crime, and the well known fact that citizens of Myanmar are the usual choice of scapegoats in Thailand."

In future I would suggest respecting the families wishes and not bringing up old statements in light of their latest announcements.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Had the displeasure of studying the crime scene photos with a couple of homicide detectives from Melbourne. First impressions were one attacker, two blows from same position and it was someone that knew them. I know it was just an impression from a photo.......

What made you think it was someone that knew them, please enlighten me, as I am no detective.

I dont know i am not a homicide detective. They are.

Had the displeasure of studying the crime scene photos with a couple of homicide detectives from Melbourne. First impressions were one attacker, two blows from same position and it was someone that knew them. I know it was just an impression from a photo.......

What made you think it was someone that knew them, please enlighten me, as I am no detective.

I dont know i am not a homicide detective. They are.

ask them how they can say someone knew them.