Elephant Foundation Scammers caught in North Pattaya Bars

webfact

Elephant Foundation Scammers caught in North Pattaya Bars

elephant-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Three people, suspected of collecting donations for a bogus Elephant Foundation, were caught taking money from foreign patrons at Bars in North Pattaya in the early hours of Monday.

Police were made aware of the three people who were detained in Soi Petrakul just before 2am and taken to Pattaya Police Station for further investigation.

It transpired they represented a fictitious Charity called the “Elephant Help Elephant” Foundation which they claimed was raising money to assist stray Elephants in Kanchanaburi Province. In fact, the so-called President of the Foundation, Khun Tanpanut aged 31, confessed to keeping all the money for herself and her two helpers, who were paid 500 Baht per day.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/157179/elephant-foundation-scammers-caught-in-north-pattaya-bars/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-02

I was genuinely hoping this had something to do with the poor bloke who was led to believe he had purchased an "elephant sanctuary," allowed to "work" in it, and subsequently took his own life upon coming to the realization that he had been in fact, royally had. That story will haunt me for the remainder of my days. May the perpetrator(s) of that ruse hang.

This story, by comparison, barely even registers. She is wedged in there pretty well, just the same. Kind of like a size 7 foot in a size 5 shoe. Whoa. Please forgive the edits. I am apparently experiencing a verb tense crisis of sorts.

Edited by Songlaw