Nazi war criminal Alois Brunner 'died in Syria'

webfact

Nazi war criminal Alois Brunner 'died in Syria'

(BBC)The chief investigator pursuing Alois Brunner, one of the world's most wanted German Nazi war criminals, has told the BBC that he is "99% sure" that he died four years ago in Syria.

"We cannot prove it forensically, but we are certain that is the case," Nazi-hunter Efraim Zuroff said.

SS captain Brunner, who would now be 102, is accused of deporting more than 128,000 Jews to death camps in WWII.

For many years there has been uncertainty as to whether he is dead.

Dr Zuroff - director of the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Jerusalem - told the BBC that new information had recently come to light about Brunner's death and burial in Damascus from a "reliable" former German secret service agent who had served in the Middle East.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30275358

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-12-02

Yeah, and we had reliable reports of Hitler's death too.

In Iran in 1978, I was a consultant on an automated medical system for the Shah of Iran. His doctor's provided my contract firm his medical data. At the time, he was 59 years old and in very good health and physical shape. Two years later, in 1980, after having been deposed and chased half-way around the world, he died of cancer. While it is possible his doctors gave incorrect medical data--although I personally doubt it, what medical good would that do? It is also possible, he contracted cancer in the two years between. However, I postulate the possibility that if an outrageous number of fanatics are after you and you have an outrageous amount of money, you may be able to devise a plan to thwart your pursuers. What better plan than to stage your death?

Edited by smotherb
  • Like 1

Does that mean that Efraim Zuroffis is out of a job?....I mean to be a WW2 Nazi-hunter in 2014, I wouldn't think you would have to go into the office very early.....coffee1.gif

I'm sure there is still plenty of unrecovered loot to occupy their time.

Did he leave any descendants?

Yes, I am aware of the outrageous nature of this question.

I am just concerned with Mr. Zuroff running out of work.

I also think that maybe any descendants of 128,000 Jews mentioned above would like to talk to descendants of Alois Brunner?

Leaving the Legal questions aside...

In Iran in 1978, I was a consultant on an automated medical system for the Shah of Iran. His doctor's provided my contract firm his medical data. At the time, he was 59 years old and in very good health and physical shape. Two years later, in 1980, after having been deposed and chased half-way around the world, he died of cancer. While it is possible his doctors gave incorrect medical data--although I personally doubt it, what medical good would that do? It is also possible, he contracted cancer in the two years between. However, I postulate the possibility that if an outrageous number of fanatics are after you and you have an outrageous amount of money, you may be able to devise a plan to thwart your pursuers. What better plan than to stage your death?

So, Adolf Hitler & Mohammed Reza Pahlevi are still alive?

Good to hear, I think they owe something.

Did he leave any descendants?

Yes, I am aware of the outrageous nature of this question.

I am just concerned with Mr. Zuroff running out of work.

I also think that maybe any descendants of 128,000 Jews mentioned above would like to talk to descendants of Alois Brunner?

Leaving the Legal questions aside...

Yes, he did.

The Nazi's wife, Anni Brunner, and a daughter live in Vienna.

http://www.nytimes.com/1985/10/29/world/in-syria-a-long-hunted-nazi-talks.html

The guilty eventually die, as do we all.

While living, I try to do good and make a small difference wherever I go. I prefer not to make humorous attempts concerning a dark part of history.

The murderers and other dark souls will have like company in whatever place is reserved for them.

• Like 1

So, Adolf Hitler & Mohammed Reza Pahlevi are still alive?

Good to hear, I think they owe something.

I am simply making a statement that it is possible to disappear, especially if you have money, power, and connections. Do you doubt that?

Chicog, - I was thinking rather along the lines: " My wife/mother/daughter is deader than your's and it is not fair" - multiplied by 128,000 times.

Morch, - Beautiful place! Very unfair... I am certain that if I were a descendant of those 128,000 I would have stronger views on this issue.

To both of you I say this: - I know the difference between Justice and Revenge. I know the current Liberal views on revenge. But I am a simple man with primitive tastes... sorry.