Work permit on Non-O. Steps and questions

Hi all.

My wife is looking to go back to work part time shortly at a school. Shes a qualified teacher. She's on a non immigrant O visa based on marriage to yours truely.

A couple of questions:

- I've read here that some offices will not now offer WPs to those on non O's. Is that true for Bangkok?

- The school has said that they'll sponsor the process but would prefer us to handle it. What should we expect in terms of required paperwork and fees (which will be reimbursed).

- is there any minimum salary needed given my wife has an extension of stay already based on other reasons.

Thanks in advance.

The process is the same as getting any other work permit. The only difference is attaching a copy of your marriage certificate and possibly a Kor Ror 2.

Bangkok will do a work permit for a non-o visa entry or an extension of stay based upon marriage.

There is no minimum salary to get a work permit.

A one year work permit is 3000 baht plus a 100 baht filing fee.

This WP1 form package has info on documents required. http://wp.doe.go.th/wp/images/form/Form_tt1.pdf

• Like 1

1. Only office denying WP on extension of stay based on marriage is Phuket as far as I know.

2. Work permit is 3.000 per year, paperwork might be better to ask on the teaching forum.

3. There is no minimum wage for teachers, not even for extension of stay based on employment.

• Like 1

1. Only office denying WP on extension of stay based on marriage is Phuket as far as I know.

2. Work permit is 3.000 per year, paperwork might be better to ask on the teaching forum.

3. There is no minimum wage for teachers, not even for extension of stay based on employment.

Phuket Labour will not issue a WP against a 60 day 327/2557 Case 2.24 'visiting Thai spouse/children' extension.

However Phuket Labour do still accept a One Year 327/2557 Case 2.18 extension (with 40K THB pcm income from working in the Kingdom of Thailand) as a valid basis for issue/extension of a Work Permit.

Edited by digitalchromakey
  • Like 1