Are the weapons being sold in the markets legal to own?

cloudos

Are full face balaclavas ok to wear into a bank if you are just keeping your face warm on a cold day?

why would you have a cold face in thailand,

Gets cold in the mornings sometimes.

Not UK type cold, but Aus type cold.

• Like 1

Are full face balaclavas ok to wear into a bank if you are just keeping your face warm on a cold day?

why would you have a cold face in thailand,

Gets cold in the mornings sometimes.

Not UK type cold, but Aus type cold.

..lol.. you mean about 16 degrees :-) , anyway, so im still in the dark then ?, i will just go to the cop shop and ask

The guns are BB guns and you can buy them in the UK I checked it out on Google a few company sellers came up in the UK. As for Tazzers no way very illegal. Swords and knives ok just declare them at customs, you collect knives and swords tell them you should be ok.

Britain does not have BB guns. We do have air pistols. Swords and daggers are illegal unless they are designated antiques or you have a collectors license of some sort. They would be confiscated at customs.

I've got a BB gun at my home in the UK - I bought it on Ebay - and it is legal.

Yes I agree but they are part of a British cultural heritage. BB guns are more an American toy.

The guns are BB guns and you can buy them in the UK I checked it out on Google a few company sellers came up in the UK. As for Tazzers no way very illegal. Swords and knives ok just declare them at customs, you collect knives and swords tell them you should be ok.

Britain does not have BB guns. We do have air pistols. Swords and daggers are illegal unless they are designated antiques or you have a collectors license of some sort. They would be confiscated at customs.
Brittain has bb guns and also knuckle dusters ..you just need to know where you can buy them.

They are not illegal to own only illegal to carry about your person (in the uk)

Knifes and swords if you are a collector then you can get a collectors licence which allows you to own them in the UK.

It is illegal to have any weapon at home including a baseball bat. If your house is raided and a baseball bat is found on the premises, to avoid prosecution you may have to prove you play baseball on a regular basis. Knuckle dusters, bought or home made are illegal to possess, even in your home..

I used to carry a collapsible metal baton in my pocket and it saved me an ass whipping at least twice. A few months after 9/11, I was flying to Bangkok and forgot to leave it at home. The metal detector went off at the airport right before boarding the plane and I suddenly remembered it and thought I was in big trouble. The Thai airlines staff not only did nothing, but they let me carry it on to the plane and finish my voyage. Those were the good old days in Thailand. I would never get away with it today. tongue.png

I was very lax about security when I first came to LOS. The third burglary in two years changed my mind when my wife woke up and saw the intruder in our bedroom at about 0.300 hrs. The only weapon to hand was the extension tube from the vac. Luckily for me the chap left before I could find him. If you choose a weapon, make sure it is one you are prepared to use. 17 years as a firearms officer in England and I know I could shoot someone if my family was threatened, not sure about using a knife though. I finally settled for a asp under my pillow, and the old trusty 3 cell maglite that has helped me on a few occasions. Would still like a Remington 870 entry gun with triple A though!

Tip..Look for a weapon that has an innocent use, especially in public, like keeping the maglite in your car.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the OP asking if the weapons are legal to own/possess in Thailand or the UK??

I was asking about an air gun, or BB gun as they seen to be called in thailand as i want to buy one, ONLY for the purpose or rodent control, my condo building has a large amount of birds in the roof that have decided its a great place to live, this includes dropping bird crap over all the cars in the car park below, its that bad ir has marked all the paint on the roof of my truck. so i said i would take them down..lol.. with an airgun to the other owner as many other things have failed, but i would only want to own one if it was leagle to do s

BB Guns with plastic pellets are legal Air guns with Metal pellets are illegal and classed as firearms here in thailand

BB Guns are poweful enough to take care of pigeons and you can soup them up also making them more powerful they will tear through a coke can and put a decent size hole in them

Edited by DiamondKing

BB Guns with plastic pellets are legal Air guns with Metal pellets are illegal and classed as firearms here in thailand

BB Guns are poweful enough to take care of pigeons and you can soup them up also making them more powerful they will tear through a coke can and put a decent size hole in them

The whole law is blurred as usual because BB guns also can shoot metal balls.

You definitely need a license for an air-gun but I am not sure if an air-gun license exists or if it would come under a firearms license, but I do know that a lot of people have been arrested over air-guns.

Again where is the line drawn between BB guns and air-guns? It's arbitrary and up to the Police.

Best to get a shotgun for controlling pigeons and home defense. You wife can get a license easily if she is a homeowner.

I got a cross bow in a store near tesco checkout ... Says it can be used for fishing lol.. Next time I go fishing will take the cross bow and rode. Very powerful went through a paint tin and out the other side.

Sent from my c64

silent.. i like it, but i litle deadly if i miss and the bolt drops on someone from 8 floors up :-)..lol..
Not an expert but is it true that crossbows are silent? Mind you, my only reference is Daryl from the walking dead, in which being silent is a necessity to ensure not drawing attention from the mass zombie horde

It doesnt make much of a sound... If someone broke in to my house lets say a zombie... and I was home the cross bow would come out.. Pistol if I missed... Not as good a shot as the walking dead guy..

Sent from my c64

this threads full of rambos,,,

so you would shoot some one dead?

• Like 1

I got a cross bow in a store near tesco checkout ... Says it can be used for fishing lol.. Next time I go fishing will take the cross bow and rode. Very powerful went through a paint tin and out the other side.

Sent from my c64

silent.. i like it, but i litle deadly if i miss and the bolt drops on someone from 8 floors up :-)..lol..
Not an expert but is it true that crossbows are silent? Mind you, my only reference is Daryl from the walking dead, in which being silent is a necessity to ensure not drawing attention from the mass zombie horde

It doesnt make much of a sound... If someone broke in to my house lets say a zombie... and I was home the cross bow would come out.. Pistol if I missed... Not as good a shot as the walking dead guy..

Sent from my c64

Never seen walking dead? A Zombie is already dead so I am not actually killing someone.

Yes I am John Rambo and "I'm your worst nightmare"(stalone voice).

Sent from my c64

• Like 2

Fastest link:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/589566-airsoft-team/

Other links:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/643507-bb-guns-pistols/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/599216-legalities-of-owning-using-an-air-gun-in-thailand/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697778-have-you-seen-co2-cylinders-for-charging-a-bb-gun/

To the OP, I'd worry more about your use of the weapon to kill birds. While the other auto owners may salute your efforts, there will be others who don't drive that may not be on your side. If you have irritated any of them in the past, they may rat you out for "torturing animals" just to settle a score- real or perceived.

Besides, kill a dozen birds and another dozen will take their place tomorrow. And the next day.

There are safer alternatives to keeping bird poop off your vehicle. May require some effort and creativity, but won't land you in dutch with the popo.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Sent from my c64

Sent from my c64

Never seen walking dead? A Zombie is already dead so I am not actually killing someone.

Yes I am John Rambo and "I'm your worst nightmare"(stalone voice).

Sent from my c64

this is what ive got rambo,

its an airsoft shoots plastic pellets i got it for keeping crows away from our farm who were taking eggs,

good old lincolnshire lad who has been around guns,dogs and hunting all my life

post-32351-0-66231400-1418831007_thumb.j