Why is it raining in December ?

balo

You can always tell the newbie by their comments about the weather in Thailand. They look in a guidebook that says the rainy season goes up to November and then think there is something wrong when they see some spots in December. Maybe a conspiracy theory, bless. A case of TITV (This Is Thai Visa).

Global warming -

global weather change,

remember for at least 3 years,

in december and new year around ,

my kids dont go swimming in the sea any more,

as sometimes still rain and water too cold !

Like in my homecountry in central europe,

we did skiing just behind our home on a small hill,

last 3 years no sufficient snow any more,

before 40 years, min 1 meter snow for 3 months !!

I guess in future swimming season will start here in februar !!

or:

In austria we have to make snow now,

maybee here to heat up pools and the sea !!

thunderstorm in Jomtien now and the amount of water coming down is simply ludicrous.

Just perfect timing to stop the shrieking ,noisy and totally annoying aerobics bitch from preforming outside my condo, thank you rain god, same time tomorrow please

I personally like this rain, makes things cooler and when there is a downpour it washes the grim and filth off the sidewalks and streets. I even saw a dead soi dog floating down a narrow flooded soi into Beach Rd the other day after another one of the "floods".

Why is there a Cat 4 Typhoon bearing down on the Philippines in bloody December???!!!

Yeah, and aimed at my house which was wrecked by Typhoon Haiyan only 13 months ago.crying.gif.pagespeed.ce.kh9vLpJQkUs49400

I would love to be complaining about a bit of rain....

Why is there a Cat 4 Typhoon bearing down on the Philippines in bloody December???!!!

Yeah, and aimed at my house which was wrecked by Typhoon Haiyan only 13 months ago.crying.gif.pagespeed.ce.kh9vLpJQkUs49400

You are there now right? Take care and let us know how you get on

You are there now right? Take care and let us know how you get on

Yeah. Thanks! The centre of the typhoon is currently 240 km from our house. I think we're going to miss the brunt of this storm as it's going to track at least 100 km north from our house and we're there's still no wind and only light rain. It's going to make landfall around 10pm to midnight tonight.

your observations are right . . . the weather patterns have changed slightly. The "dry season" can now involve getting wet, as the "cold season" might turn out to be extremely cold.

I bet it is just the extremes that are on a rise, not the overall patterns. What I want to say with this, is, the little amount of rainfall in Pattaya during December according to the statistics, has just begun to reach new levels.

As someone who has not lived in Pattaya one hundred years ago, I cannot with accuracy state that the weather has indeed changed. One needs to see clear over long periods, not over the past 5 to 10 years.