new entry/exit card for 60 day extension

Just got home from immigration, wanted to get a 60 day extension on my non O marriage extension as it ends in 2 weeks, took all the necessary docs etc but was told that to get a 60 day extension I need to leave the country first then return and get a new entry/exit card. She said for the new 12 month extension its fine to use the current one but she cannot issue a 60 day one on the same card the current 12 month extension is based onblink.png . There have been a few people in here recently asking about 60 day extensions so I thought this might be handy for them to be aware of as I was not aware of it at all. Will now have to go to Bangkok in the next 2 weeks which is a pain......

That is not correct. You are allowed one 60 day extension per entry. It does not matter if you have gotten a one year extension before. Many people have gotten the 60 day extension after the one year extension.

What office was that?

Why are you going to Bangkok?

Surat Thani office, I tried to tell them, even my wife tried to explain it but thew head lady refused to budge, said we had to go to Ranong and get a 15 day extension by leaving and bring the new card back and she would do it. I have to go to Bangkok as I need to do a stat dec and have my pension verified by the embassy so they will accept it for my new 12 month extension.

Edited by seajae

They are wrong but some offices make their own policies and it is hard to get around them.

You should try to get your stat declaration done and apply for your one year extension.

To start all over again would mean a trip out for a new non-o visa or if you did a border crossing for a 15 day entry 2 trips to Bangkok to do a conversion to a non immigrant visa.

It isnt worth the hassle, I wanted the extension as we dont really have the time to get to Bangkok at the moment( workers at the house and I am watching over what is done) but will now have to travel there on the 15th(wife will have to take a day off work) so I can do my 12 month extension before the 19th, immigration officer said it would be fine if I wanted to do a 12 month extension so I will just to be safe. Dont really want to have to go through all the bullsh*t to just get 60 days, thanks for your answers, always reliable as usual.thumbsup.gif