Myanmar men to stand trial for British tourist murders on Koh Tao

webfact

I wonder how the prosecutor is gonna play one of the key pieces of evidence, the cell phone that has been found at so many different locations (4 I think).

I think the prosecutor knows exactly which phone was found where and when, he doesn't have to read tv for that.

Unfortunately for the prosecutor the police found Davids cell phone in 3 or 4 different places, now he has to convince somebody (the judge) this is credible evidence. Like this cell phone much of the evidence in this case is suspect based on the police public announcements conflicting with other public announcements.

If you dont agree the police totally and completely screwed this case up from the start you might as well only respond to JD.

The police didn't find Davids phone in different places, it were the conspiracy theorists on here and other social media that twisted and turned all the news that came out to make it look as if it was so.

That later all of it was explained they conveniently haven't read of course.

So you are another one that thinks only his opinion counts on this forum?

Were you involved in the direct investigation of the case?

Are you a close family member of the victims?

• Like 1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't this David's phone?

Thanks Eirene

But, social media has planted this picture to discredit the RTP

So

It cant be Davids phone (even though his friend is identifying it with a label of his name on it). Davids phone was found by police behind one of the suspects,, friends, houses very near to a clock tower, smashed.

• Like 1

originally charged the two migrant workers with the murder of David Miller, 24, and the rape and murder of Hannah Witheridge, 23

"They (the two suspects) were charged with intentional murder," Paiboon Archavanuntakun, Koh Samui's chief prosecutor, told AFP.

Hmmm? So, then who will be charged for the rape of Hannah? What a joke of a cover-up, the pathetically incompetent RTP and mafia (same same)

can't even get their lies straight.

Edited by templedog

I wonder how the prosecutor is gonna play one of the key pieces of evidence, the cell phone that has been found at so many different locations (4 I think).

I think the prosecutor knows exactly which phone was found where and when, he doesn't have to read tv for that.

Unfortunately for the prosecutor the police found Davids cell phone in 3 or 4 different places, now he has to convince somebody (the judge) this is credible evidence. Like this cell phone much of the evidence in this case is suspect based on the police public announcements conflicting with other public announcements.

If you dont agree the police totally and completely screwed this case up from the start you might as well only respond to JD.

The police didn't find Davids phone in different places, it were the conspiracy theorists on here and other social media that twisted and turned all the news that came out to make it look as if it was so.

Could you explain in one or two sentences EXACTLY what a "conspiracy theorist" is, the text book meaning of one? Please? If you could do that then you

might not sound like one of those right wing flag waving gov't following sheep that throws out the term simply to try and discredit solid criticism of the police

or anyone in power, like the gov't. Come on, give it a try.......I bet you can't.

AFP almost managed to get through a report without having a dig, but not quite.

So now, presumably, the defense lawyers will have to be given a full copy of all the evidence against the two Burmese and will be able to put together a defense based on what is both in, and isn't in, the police files.

As the Burmese Govt and HRW are reported to be cooperating in a defense one would expect experienced competent lawyers who will be questioning everything.

Then there is the yet to be released Scotland Yard report, interesting times ahead.

The Junta has disbanded HRW and blocked thier website because they were interfering and finding faults. That's one obstacle in the way of the prosecution removed.
  • Like 1

So now, presumably, the defense lawyers will have to be given a full copy of all the evidence against the two Burmese and will be able to put together a defense based on what is both in, and isn't in, the police files.

As the Burmese Govt and HRW are reported to be cooperating in a defense one would expect experienced competent lawyers who will be questioning everything.

Then there is the yet to be released Scotland Yard report, interesting times ahead.

The Junta has disbanded HRW and blocked thier website because they were interfering and finding faults. That's one obstacle in the way of the prosecution removed.

I've just opened their website....what are you talking about?

Edited by templedog

i see a scotish kid has had to go into hiding for posting on facebook that he new who did it,

he was told he was going to die,,

its in the scotish record

I think if a Scottish guy really knew anything, he would now be a UK protected witness and be in a safe house, but it is clear that the guy in question just was a drugged up junk who had his 5 minutes of fame.

please tell how you know he was a druged up junk???

Because Anthony said so.
  • Like 1

International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. 1966:

Article 15. 1. No one shall be held guilty of any criminal offence on account of any act or omission which did not constitute a criminal offence, under national or international law, at the time when it was committed.

Huh?

Edited by JLCrab

There is no discovery process in the Thai court system, so unless this is considered a unique situation they will not have access to evidence before the trial.

Maybe try Article 14 International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. 1966::

Article 14. 1. All persons shall be equal before the courts and tribunals. In the determination of any criminal charge against him, or of his rights and obligations in a suit at law, everyone shall be entitled to a fair and public hearing by a competent, independent and impartial tribunal established by law.
(lengthy article follows)

Check thaivisa news.
  • Like 1

I cannot open this link using True ADSL in Bangkok (unless, illegally according to Thailand's computer crime act) I use a VPN:

http://www.hrw.org/asia/thailand.

If you can, where are you accessing it from?

I cannot open this link using True ADSL in Bangkok (unless, illegally according to Thailand's computer crime act) I use a VPN:

http://www.hrw.org/asia/thailand.

If you can, where are you accessing it from?

same here, can't open that link with 3bb

Isn't this David's phone?

The police say they found a smashed up phone also and i have seen pictures on these forums of the police holding that in a plastic bag so they really got here stories mixed up about the phones.

I have also thought that the smashed up phone was smashed up for a reason and thrown a way in hurry so it could not been identified and that phone should have been forensically examined as it may have belonged to one of the killers that left it or dropped by mistake and the some other person picked it up.

so there is definitely at least 3 phones in this crime come coverup.

No violence or forced confession by Koh Tao suspects, says Suwat
SuwatChanikarn Phumhirun,
Suwannee Bandisak

30249095-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- POLICE HAVE not used any violence against two Myanmar nationals detained over the murders of two British tourists on Koh Tao, a senior police officer told a subcommittee of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) yesterday.

Deputy Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Maj-General Suwat Jangyodsuk, who is assigned to help solve the murder case, answered the subcommittee's summons and denied claims the two suspects were forced to confess.

He showed up yesterday after repeatedly postponing his meeting with the NHRC.

"He insists that all [police] units have proceeded in line with investigation principles and that no violence was used," subcommittee chairman Niran Pitakwatchara said.

The suspects have recanted their confessions, claiming they were forced into admitting to crimes they did not commit.

Niran's subcommittee has been looking into whether police violated the suspects' rights during their detention.

The suspects' parents have been seeking help from various authorities including the NRHC.

"We have told the National Police to set up a fact-finding committee to look into torture allegations. It needs to prove its transparency and accountability," Niran said.

In a related development, public prosecutors are set to arraign the suspects today. "There is solid evidence," Tawatchai Seangchaew, chief of the Office of State Attorney Region 8, said yesterday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/No-violence-or-forced-confession-by-Koh-Tao-suspec-30249095.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-04

Can you show where the explanation was about the phones ? as I am unable to find it .

Edited by StealthEnergiser

Niran's subcommittee has been looking into whether police violated the suspects' rights during their detention.

He does not have to look much farther than Sections 83 and 84 of the Thai Code of Criminal Procedure,

In cases an arrest is conducted by an officer, the officer must inform the arrestee of the charge, produce to him a warrant of arrest, if any, and enlighten him that he has the right to remain silent, that anything he says can and will be used as evidence in a trial, and that he also has the right to meet and confer with a counsel or person to become his counsel.

An officer or private citizen conducting an arrest must without delay bring the arrestee to the judicial police office under section 83. Upon arriving there, the arrestee must be delivered to an administrative or police officer thereof to further be dealt with as follows:

i see a scotish kid has had to go into hiding for posting on facebook that he new who did it,

he was told he was going to die,,

its in the scotish record

I think if a Scottish guy really knew anything, he would now be a UK protected witness and be in a safe house, but it is clear that the guy in question just was a drugged up junk who had his 5 minutes of fame.

please tell how you know he was a druged up junk???

Fine I will do, if you first tell me how you know he knew who did it.

So you statement of "drugged up junk" is just cheap personal slanderous comment based on your own belief, this is shown by your weak useless response- Quote "Fine I will do, if you first tell me how you know he knew who did it." Unquote, which has nothing to do with the question you have been asked to quantify.

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 2

The trouble with this subject is that suddenly thousands of armchair detectives suddenly think they know who the killer is from behind their computer screens.

Given the amount of interest in this case I expect that justice may be served by a proper trial.

It would be too embarrassing for the authorities NOT to proceed to trial at this stage, so it's no surprises yet.

Whatever happened to the British bobbies who came over to "observe" the investigation? I suspect they have returned home now but I have seen nothing in the press about their findings and no official announcement that they have gone home.

If they were very clear on things and said that all the evidence looked legitimate etc then I would be inclined to change my view on these 2 lads and send them to trial,, but I don't know and I certainly don't trust the Thai authorities on this.

Whatever happened to the British bobbies who came over to "observe" the investigation? I suspect they have returned home now but I have seen nothing in the press about their findings and no official announcement that they have gone home.

If they were very clear on things and said that all the evidence looked legitimate etc then I would be inclined to change my view on these 2 lads and send them to trial,, but I don't know and I certainly don't trust the Thai authorities on this.

Their report will be released when the British inquest into the murders takes place in January.