Paper that comes in rolls (for blocking sunlight)?

konisaan

My partner is renting a room where she wants to run her business. Problem is there are a lot of windows and too much direct sunlight.

She doesn't want to invest in curtains because it's a short term rental. I thought thin white paper stuck neatly to the windows would suffice as sun/heat shade while allowing natural light. It's only a work room so aesthetics are not a concern.

that shiny stuff on the inside of potato chip packets is good for heat insulation.

disposable kitchen paper towels rolls in the toilet roll section of supermarket if you want cheap paper. have to look closely to see which is which.

Edited by fudyurka

I've used water based interior wall paint on windows. Black paint will stop the light. U may try white, yellow, pink, etc to achieve some interesting effects. Paul Klee on the Wall?

hb_1984.315.42.jpg

Nice work mate. Reminds of Paul Klee indeed.

• Like 1

I rented a shopfront with big windows and the heat was murder even with the aircon full blast - also the glare was a major problem for the screens (computer outlet). We whitewashed the windows with acrylic paint. Worked wonders and cheap (later had a couple of suppliers have their logos painted on at their cost. After a couple of years we moved and had the whole lot scraped off no problem - about two hours work for 10m X 3m. Cheap and effective - and fast to do.

I've used water based interior wall paint on windows. Black paint will stop the light. U may try white, yellow, pink, etc to achieve some interesting effects. Paul Klee on the Wall?

hb_1984.315.42.jpg

Nice work mate. Reminds of Paul Klee indeed.